[REMOVE ADS]

Tammi Terrell - Live @ the Roostertail

Here's a video clip of Tammi's live performance at the Roostertail [[it's not the actual footage - this is from Tammi's Complete Solo Collection). I was blown away when I first heard this on the CD. Tammi shows her jazzy side with "Almost Like Being In Love" and "What A Difference A Day Makes" and the other surprise is her take on "Baby Love" which she does quite well - the girl could do it all - but the entire 12+ minutes is pure bliss!

wonderful

edafan

thomas96 Guest
    IMO she did Baby Love live better than Diane ever did.

I would love to hear more artists from the Motown Monday series from The Roostertail

Is that Robin Seymour MCing the show? That sounds like him. Tammi does sing Baby Love better than Diane for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Is that Robin Seymour MCing the show? That sounds like him. Tammi does sing Baby Love better than Diane for sure.
    How did I know you were going to say that... Now it's a Diane song and not the Supremes. Some of you have so much hate for Diana Ross it isn't funny. It could be a version by Daffy Duck and you would say it was better than Diana..LOL
    I love Tammi but her version in my opinion is not better than Diana Ross and the Supremes.
    Last edited by vgalindo; 10-17-2014 at 09:42 PM.

thomas96 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    How did I know you were going to say that... Now it's a Diane song and not the Supremes. Some of you have so much hate for Diana Ross it isn't funny. It could be a version by Daffy Duck and you would say it was better than Diana..LOL
    I love Tammi but her version in my opinion is not better than Diana Ross and the Supremes.
    We're here respectfully stating our opinions and you go out of your way to assume "hate." Maybe it's possible some people have the opinion that Tammi sang it better than Diane. How can you expect us to respect your opinion when you can't respect ours? And you can compare Tammi to Diane even though "it's a Supremes song" because they are both singing the same part.

Quote Originally Posted by thomas96 View Post
    We're here respectfully stating our opinions and you go out of your way to assume "hate." Maybe it's possible some people have the opinion that Tammi sang it better than Diane. How can you expect us to respect your opinion when you can't respect ours? And you can compare Tammi to Diane even though "it's a Supremes song" because they are both singing the same part.
    It wasn't a opinion. He stated Tammi sang the song better for sure. Thomas96 I really wasn't referring to you. You gave your honest opinion and I respect that. I really didn't mean to say hate from you. But he really hates Diana. Sorry to you for the confusion.
    Last edited by vgalindo; 10-17-2014 at 09:54 PM.

thomas96 Guest
    It wasn't a opinion. He stated Tammi sang the song better for sure. Thomas96 I really wasn't referring to you. You gave your honest opinion and I respect that. I really didn't mean to say hate from you. But he really hates Diana. Sorry to you for the confusion.
    Okay, many of you and Marv may not see eye to eye but has he ever explicitly stated he hates Ms. Ross? He didn't include "in my opinion" when he said that Tammi sang it better but it can be assumed that it's opinion because you can't have a fact of who sang something better. I have no problems with anyone here, including Marv, but it's clear that there's a lot of tension between him and many others. I wish everyone could just keep it respectful here. [[And yes I know it's not just you and others, Marv plays a role as well) All the Ms. Ross and the Supremes talk brings it out and it makes this forum hard to come to. Ralph, if you're reading this you should consider a separate subforum for Ross/Supremes talk.

I understand Thomas96 and I usually don't engage in these talks defending Diana Ross. I usually just bite my lip and let it go. I don't really have a problem with Marv either I do enjoy many of his comments but I really do get tired of his little jabs at Diana. I do love to hear everyone's honest opinions.

thomas96 Guest
    I understand Thomas96 and I usually don't engage in these talks defending Diana Ross. I usually just bite my lip and let it go. I don't really have a problem with Marv either I do enjoy many of his comments but I really do get tired of his little jabs at Diana. I do love to hear everyone's honest opinions.
    I agree and respect that.

The following is n-o-t directed at anyone on this board/in this room. I have been a fan of the lady since I first saw her in 1964...nothing has changed that. From the very beginning it was apparent to me that Miss Ross is controversial. I have heard in my everyday life some of the the rudest, most vile, insulting comments thrown her way. ..BUT,,,,, Over years she has become and even BIGGER hero of mine because since she lives on the same planet we are on YOU KNOW she is aware of some of these comments. Her hero status has grown with me because in spite of the mean spirited comments she has CONTINUED TO BE "Diana" or "Diane", if you will. That very thing is hugely inspirational to me because it says "if you believe in 'you' and what you 'do'...BE that!! DO that!!" I use that inspiration daily. If someone else doesn't "get it", I'm okay with that...they have a right to their opinion too.

I was at my Dr's office the other day. I got a call. He heard my ring tone and said "wow!! was that The Supremes!!!???". Actually it was The Devastating Miss Martha Reeves and the Vandellas doing the 'dooo dooo dooo WOW' intro to Marvin Gaye's Stubborn KInda Fella. The Doc, who is about 40, Jewish and from Chicago went on to say "I remember being just a kid sitting in front of the TV and just falling IN L-O-V-E with Diana Ross!!" That one comment un-did about 50 of the snarky ones I've had the displeasure of hearing over the past 50 years!

Too bad Miss Terrell didn't get to be with us longer
    Last edited by LuvHangOva; 10-18-2014 at 11:49 AM.

Tammi had it going on,what a talent.

Thanks for this post! What a spunky, effervescent, and talented lady Tammi was! Hard to believe she was gone before the age of 25.