[REMOVE ADS]

From "Stolen Moments": Some Brief Footage With DIANA ROSS, GIL ASKEY & ORCHESTRA

http://youtu.be/WlnAgsXE6MY

Many thanks to Franco Rossville for posting this on YouTube. Hadn't seen it before and was glad for the chance not to miss the great behind-the-scenes footage.

Wow! What a great video, Methuselah2! You have a knack for finding some of the neatest stuff! Our Miss Ross shines in this short but ever-so-cool video. I could watch and listen to her talk and perform around the clock! The brief moments with Gil Askey were incredibly exciting! His musical arrangements for Diana Ross & The Supremes' live performances, as well as his later arrangements for Diana's jazz material, were second to none. Seeing the master at work was unexpected and most gratifying. I needed an uplifting moment, and the video that you provided was just what the doctor ordered! Thanks! - Gary
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 10-15-2014 at 05:49 AM.

I'm so glad you enjoyed the clip, Gary. I, too, especially enjoyed seeing Gil Askey suddenly turn up and appear so wonderfully animated. So different from the way I'm used to seeing him in footage. And the entire orchestra all looking so happy to be there. And then, of course, at the center of it all--Diana. I'd never seen the "Stolen Moments" special, so I had no idea such footage had been included. A number of years have past since it first aired--but, eventually, I got there. Happy you could join in for the ride. As you can see by the title of the YouTube posting, it turned out to be a very unexpected find.

smark21 Guest
    If you get the DVD of this show, this is the footage that opens the show, before the actual performance. It's a DVD well worth owning.

Thanks for the tip, Smark.

Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah2 View Post
    http://youtu.be/WlnAgsXE6MY

Many thanks to Franco Rossville for posting this on YouTube. Hadn't seen it before and was glad for the chance not to miss the great behind-the-scenes footage.
    I swear you find the best clips and gems on this here forum Methusulah and God bless you for sharing them with us and smarks21 thank you for the recomendation I just ordered Stolen Momment on DVD for under $13 so im real happy. Ive got M<otown 25 for $12 and now Dianes Stolen Moment for $13.

http://www.amazon.com/Diana-Ross-Liv...A2BA4D4U3M3NVW

Thank you both.

Yours, with every good wish.

Roberta

Yes I have this on the DVD and Laser Disc. I really enjoyed this part of the DVD.

Franco, head of the Italian FanClub is an absolute brilliant computer graphics scholar. His videos are of commercial quality. Diana should hire him for projects!
    This interview is indeed part of her DVD and Laser Disc of "Stolen Moments". I love this cherished last footage of Gil Askey and Diana interacting. Just noticed Debbie Sandridge, her Motown A&R rep since "The Force Behind the Power". "Stolen Moments" was a wonderful evening and even more fantastic Jazz & live album. The pay-per-view commercials constantly ran in New York that really built the excitement of a magical night.