[REMOVE ADS]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The Back Story of SOMEDAY WE'LL BE TOGETHER, Released 45 Years Ago

It was 45 years ago this week that the Supremes version of the song was released. Here is the interesting back story of the song, its origins, how it was intended for Jr. Walker, then Diana Ross, and finally the Supremes. This version of the story also tells who demanded the change of the Supremes name.

There are some parts of this story that I would disagree with. For instance, I think the Supremes came out of the gate stronger with their debut single than Diana did with her debut single as a soloist.

But it is an interesting story about one of my two favorite songs by the Supremes [[Yes, I am now aware that it was Diana and not the Supremes, but in my heart, it is the Supremes). My other favorite song by them is UP THE LADDER TO THE ROOF.

http://theboombox.com/diana-ross-sup...l-be-together/
    Last edited by milven; 10-14-2014 at 04:35 PM. Reason: provided wrong link corrected error