[REMOVE ADS]

Rock Hall nominee's.....Marvelettes

I voted, and then it showed the results so far. Most of my favorites like Marvellettes, Spinners and War, were closer to the bottom.

Green Day 14.63% Nine Inch Nails 12.59% Stevie Ray Vaughan 10.34% Lou Reed 9.18% Joan Jett & the Blackhearts 8.85% Bill Withers 8.69% Sting 7.58% The Smiths 7.44% The Spinners 4.62% War 4.04% N.W.A 3.26% Kraftwerk 2.72% The Marvelettes 2.64% The Paul Butterfield Blues Band 1.86% Chic 1.56% - See more at: http://rockhall.com/voting/2015-rock....p2hmXJL8.dpuf

And from the Atlanta Journal Constition -

http://www.accessatlanta.com/gallery...gCNqg/#6238108

Plain disrespectful ...

I just sent an email to the AJC to change the pic.

That photo is utterly appalling. As for the voting, if most of the voters were not even BORN when the Marvelettes were active, what do you expect? These inductions into the Hall should be voted upon by industry professionals with a knowledge of the overall music scene.

I found this to be a tough choice. But I was a little disappointed to see that the results for the Spinners, Marvelettes and Chic were not high.

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    I found this to be a tough choice. But I was a little disappointed to see that the results for the Spinners, Marvelettes and Chic were not high.
    They are at the very bottom as if they were basically unknown artists. Amazing........

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    They are at the very bottom as if they were basically unknown artists. Amazing........
    Sad, indeed. I think a lot of the voters are young enough they are clueless to who these artist are. They may have some 'vague' awareness....but, probably didn't listen to their music and have no connection to them.

yes

I voted

the tallies are awful

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by daviddesper View Post
    That photo is utterly appalling. As for the voting, if most of the voters were not even BORN when the Marvelettes were active, what do you expect? These inductions into the Hall should be voted upon by industry professionals with a knowledge of the overall music scene.
    The fan vote only counts for one vote. The top 5 acts at the end of the "fan" polling will get a vote each. The rest of the votes are made by whoever makes up the judging panel/committee. Since one can vote multiple times on the fan ballot, it will be acts with large and dedicated fan bases that will get them into the top 5 of the fan vote. I don't think The Marvelettes have such a large and fervent fan base like some of this year's nominees have.

I voted. I'm thrilled to see Stevie Ray Vaughan, The Spinners and Paul Butterfield's Blues Band on the list. I'm happy for the Marvelettes, but why not the Chantels, who influenced most girl groups and set the stage for them. The real pioneers of rock and roll are ignored, and it's a sham and a shame. There are so many who belong in the rock hall and many who are in who do not belong there. What about artists like Neil Sedaka, Connie Francis and so many others. The voting is all political and money talks. Everyone knows it.

I agree with daviddesper. The nominating committee is made up of young people who know little or nothing about the history of rock and roll.

~~Mary~~

smark21 Guest
    Here's the R and R Hall of Fame nominating committee by year:

http://www.futurerocklegends.com/Nom..._Committee.php

WOW!! That's some list, smark21. Thank you for posting.

~~Mary~~

Quote Originally Posted by Mary G Jive Five View Post
    I, but why not the Chantels, who influenced most girl groups and set the stage for them. The real pioneers of rock and roll are ignored, and it's a sham and a shame. There are so many who belong in the rock hall and many who are in who do not belong there. What about artists like Neil Sedaka, Connie Francis and so many others.
    ~~Mary~~
    I have a very strong opinion about the rock n roll hall of fame and it's inductees. There are MANY artists that I just LOVE that are in the hall of fame. but I don't think they belong in the ROCK N ROLL hall of fame.

Did you know Wynonie Harris, The 5 Royales, Roy Brown and Johnny Otis are NOT in it?
    I love the Righteous Brothers, but all 4 of these guys, and COUNTLESS others should be in before them and a lot of others. There SHOULD be a real Rhythm & Blues Hall of Fame that is given the accolades that the Rock Hall does.

Spinners in RNRHOF? I don't see it. ABBA? I don't see it.

Here's a link to who IS in it. Mind boggling as to who is in...
    https://rockhall.com/inductees/alphabetical/

Hello imnokid,

Yes, I'm well aware many of the real pioneers of rock are not in the Rock Hall of Fame. Many are in who don't belong there and many who belong there are not in.

The early R&B or so-called "doo wop" acts belong in the Hall. They influenced many bands who are in the Hall. Early R&B is part of the mix that makes up rock and roll. My guys, Eugene Pitt & The Jive Five were cited as an influence by Robert Plante during Led Zeppelin's induction ceremony. Jimmy Page cited them in a documentary about great rock guitarists. Furthermore, Eugene Pitt worked with a number of artists, including Gloria Gaynor. Eugene taught Jon Bon Jovi how to sing and harmonize and Eugene has autographed photos from Jon thanking him. The Jive Five progressed with the times, and continued to record when other groups from the era did not. They recorded disco, under different names, and soul as well. Former CEO of the Rock Hall Terry Stewart called Eugene Pitt "the most underrated soul singer in America". Mick Jagger and Keith Richards are huge fans. It was Keith Richards who recommended Eugene for the Aaron Neville project. Other fans are Brian Setzer [[formerly with the Stray Cats) and now has his own orchestra. Steven Van Zandt is another fan who made up a list for the New York Times of the best songs ever to come out of New York City. He included "My True Story" on the top ten list.

There are many other early pioneers who belong in the Rock Hall besides The Jive Five. However, they will will never be inducted because everyone knows the nominating process is all political and all about money. This is why many people call it The Rock and Roll Hall of Shame.

~~Mary~~
    Last edited by Mary G Jive Five; 10-16-2014 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary G Jive Five View Post
    Hello imnokid,

Yes, I'm well aware many of the real pioneers of rock are not in the Rock Hall of Fame. Many are in who don't belong there and many who belong there are not in.

The early R&B or so-called "doo wop" acts belong in the Hall. They influenced many bands who are in the Hall. Early R&B is part of the mix that makes up rock and roll. My guys, Eugene Pitt & The Jive Five were cited as an influence by Robert Plante during Led Zeppelin's induction ceremony. Jimmy Page cited them in a documentary about great rock guitarists. Furthermore, Eugene Pitt worked with a number of artists, including Gloria Gaynor. Eugene taught Jon Bon Jovi how to sing and harmonize and Eugene has autographed photos from Jon thanking him. The Jive Five progressed with the times, and continued to record when other groups from the era did not. They recorded disco, under different names, and soul as well. Former CEO of the Rock Hall Terry Stewart called Eugene Pitt "the most underrated soul singer in America". Mick Jagger and Keith Richards are huge fans. It was Keith Richards who recommended Eugene for the Aaron Neville project. Other fans are Brian Setzer [[formerly with the Stray Cats) and now has his own orchestra. Steven Van Zandt is another fan who made up a list for the New York Times of the best songs ever to come out of New York City. He included "My True Story" on the top ten list.

There are many other early pioneers who belong in the Rock Hall besides The Jive Five. However, they will will never be inducted because everyone knows the nominating process is all political and all about money. This is why many people call it The Rock and Roll Hall of Shame.

~~Mary~~
    I agree

edafan

Thank you, Edefan.

~~Mary~~

nowadays they think the latest is better.

In sports

they picked Michael Jordan over Babe Ruth as athlete of the last century

no way

edafan