[REMOVE ADS]

Evan Ross in the new "HUNGER GAMES" film.

I believe that he's a talented actor and I can't wait to see him in the film.

Facial piercings galore:-Evan Ross - born Næss - will play Messalla in the The Hunger Games: Mockingjay– Part 1 and Part 2, scheduled for release in November 2014 and November 2015, respectively.

I think he is a great actor as well. I've seen most of his movies and predict this one will give him the career boost he has been waiting for since "ATL". He looks great here though I haven't seen any of the "Hunger Games" movies.

I heartily recommend the books.

I saw this picture as well. I don't know anything about the movies but he appearance of a movie of this commercial appeal could be a real game changer for his career.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    I saw this picture as well. I don't know anything about the movies but he appearance of a movie of this commercial appeal could be a real game changer for his career.
    I have got to say that I have read all the "Hunger games" series books, very good, but never seen the movies yet, Evan starring in the next two movies might just persued me to go and see the next HUNGERS film.

And I do believe it could do wonders for Evan's film career, whilst I think he's a good actor, so far he's only been in low budget films and I think this is his first major movie break-through.

smark21 Guest
    I haven't read the books so I looked up the character; in the books his character is a minor character. And at imdb, Evan Ross isn't billed as a star performer for the upcoming movie.

http://www.themarysue.com/the-hunger...jay-evan-ross/

smark21 Guest
    Here's the imdb page for the movie. As you can see, you have to click on the link for Full Cast for Evan to be visible on the cast list.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1951265/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Givin' us those famous commanding "Ross eyes" !!

supremester Guest
    It IS a minor character - what's your point?

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    Here's the imdb page for the movie. As you can see, you have to click on the link for Full Cast for Evan to be visible on the cast list.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1951265/?ref_=nv_sr_1

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by supremester View Post
    I was responding to jobetrob and david j's speculation that the movie was going to do huge things for his career. I decided to investigate and learned that at least based on the books his character appears and his billing on imdb his part is small. But I could be wrong--very few film adaptations are faithful to books.

Besides, if Evan wasn't Diana Ross' son none of Diana Ross' fans would give Evan a second's thought if they heard of him at all.

Lulu Guest
    It's refreshing to know that everyone has their monocles and casebooks out this fall. Discovery ID should launch a new series on the mysteries of The Ross Family.

I do agree with Smark. You would think from the fuss that Evan was one of the major stars. I didn't know he wasn't.

But I think this movie will do things for Evan's career. He has a good reputation as an actor, has been in lots of movies. And in terms of exposure what better can you do but appear in the Hunger Games and marry that woman ~ there are now headlines that they walked together holding hands. LOL

supremester Guest
    Oh, yeah it's amazing he has so many movie roles, large or small. I've seen a few and he was quite good in that one with Tracee. If this is a flashy or meaty role, he might get the needed exposure. I don't know if his mom got him any parts or not, but Tracee certainly is getting it done w/o her mom's fan base. Rhonda is doing a lot of gigs lately and there are familiar faces, I'm told in her growing audience.... Imagine what could be expected from poor Rhonda with her pedigree.... I can't think of a singer with better genes than hers - can you?
    Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    I was responding to jobetrob and david j's speculation that the movie was going to do huge things for his career. I decided to investigate and learned that at least based on the books his character appears and his billing on imdb his part is small. But I could be wrong--very few film adaptations are faithful to books.

Besides, if Evan wasn't Diana Ross' son none of Diana Ross' fans would give Evan a second's thought if they heard of him at all.

Lulu Guest
    Oh, yeah it's amazing he has so many movie roles, large or small. I've seen a few and he was quite good in that one with Tracee. If this is a flashy or meaty role, he might get the needed exposure. I don't know if his mom got him any parts or not, but Tracee certainly is getting it done w/o her mom's fan base. Rhonda is doing a lot of gigs lately and there are familiar faces, I'm told in her growing audience.... Imagine what could be expected from poor Rhonda with her pedigree.... I can't think of a singer with better genes than hers - can you?
    I can't speak to Rhonda's performing as I haven't heard her outside of the Stolen Moments show. The film you mentioned with Evan was called Life Support with Queen Latifah. He was, indeed good in the part. I also found him engaging in ATL and Mooz-Lum as well as another independent film I saw in New York when it premiered called Gardens of the Night. I met Evan at the New World Stages the following evening and we talked about his work. I didn't bring up his mother as I know there is a contingency of Ross fans that do follow the children around just for the "mom connection" and I'm sure that gets old.

Tracee is, I think, the most recognizable and popular with the public. Her new series is a hit [[I'm not really a fan but I don't enjoy sitcoms) as was Girlfriends.

I might be missing something but aren't the Ross & Gordy families the only ones who have high-profile entertainers out there? Gordy's son and grandson's band LMFAO hit it big right off the bat. Between them and the Ross children, I think we're left with La Toya and her reality show on OWN and not much else from the Motown bloodlines.

Exactly what I thought when I read his message, I have noticed that smark can't help himself, he clearly shows his dislike for Evan every time he is mentioned, he couldn't wait to announce with glee that Evan's role is not a major part or that people are only interested in him because of who his mom is, blah! Blah! Blah! any news about Evan or his new wife Ashlee, he can't wait to turn it into something negative.

And by the way, I never mentioned a thing about Evan getting a major role in the film [[I only said it will be his first major film and could do wonders for his career) or trying to make a big deal out of it, I posted that poster of him exactly how the daily mail newspaper posted it on their website and I thought it might interest some Ross fans.
    Last edited by David J; 10-06-2014 at 11:47 AM.

Lulu Guest
    I do think smark adds an element of necessary sarcastic humor on the boards which I appreciate. Also in his defense, he's probably of the mindset [[as are many) that star's children get to do what they do based on sheer nepotism. The same can be said for politicians and with the Ross kids, would they be where they are without mama? Probably not. Are they talented? Sure. It's become so rampant today though with reality television and tabloids that it's hard for many to see past the connection and see the performer as an individual. I have a friend who simply won't listen to Jason Gould [[Streisand's son) or watch Tracee Ellis Ross simply because she thinks the nepotism factor is too obvious. Back in the day, it was a little less common and you had your Lizas, your Carrie Fishers, and even further back, your Redgraves and your Barrymores. And then we get people like Christina Crawford or BD Hyman [[Bette Davis's daughter)? LOL

To quote from Lulu, I used to think it was sad that all that was left of the Jacksons were reality shows but I guess unlike the Gordys and Rosses, they have nothing to really offer to anyone besides the surviving Jackson brothers going on the road as an essential oldies act.

smark21 Guest
    Natalie Cole.

Liza Minelli

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by David J View Post
    Exactly what I thought when I read his message, I have noticed that smark can't help himself, he clearly shows his dislike for Evan every time he is mentioned, he couldn't wait to announce with glee that Evan's role is not a major part or that people are only interested in him because of who his mom is, blah! Blah! Blah! any news about Evan or his new wife Ashlee, he can't wait to turn it into something negative.

And by the way, I never mentioned a thing about Evan getting a major role in the film [[I only said it will be his first major film and could do wonders for his career) or trying to make a big deal out of it, I posted that poster of him exactly how the daily mail newspaper posted it on their website and I thought it might interest some Ross fans.
    I've seen Evan in ATL and he was fine in it. Nepotism or having that last name may have opened some doors for him to get the audition or even the job, but on the set he has to prove himself, and he's done that as an actor in that he works steadily.

I also saw him open for his mother at Hollywood Bowl. His performance proved he had no business opening for her as his stage presence was lacking and his performance was lackluster. No surprise we haven't heard much about his music career since then. He got that gig strictly through nepotism. If he decides to go back to music, then he should follow his mother's example [[and sister's) and make it the hard way, starting small as an opening act and work his way up to whatever level that may be.

I would have more tolerance for your glassy eyed Ross children fan worship threads [[whom you mindlessly worship because of who their mother is rather than their own merits as individuals) if they were posted in the Clubhouse rather than the Motown forum. None of Diana's children were or are Motown artists.

I actually think the proper place for some Ross children threads is on the Motown Forum because of the Diana connection; and they do get lots of attention.

I haven't ever seen anything with any Ross children in; I have heard Rhonda sing on YouTube and it's fine; some people may think her voice is stronger than Diana's. But as happens with many many artists ~ there are some really strong voices out there, many good singers and still they just never make it; they might have a fan base but it never translates into money and hits and mass recognition. Or they have one hit and try and make a career out of it. Many of those artists are on Facebook plying their trade.

I don't if any of the Ross children will ever really "hit" it; they've done quite well but nothing major. Tracey seems the most successful I guess. Evan's new role may be a breakthrough.

If they can avoid a lifestyle like Michael Jackson and Whitney Houston, that is awesome. And Evan has publicly defended both of those artists and publicly rebuked someone that was making jokes about Whitney Houston after she died.

I, too, enjoy Smark's sarcastic humour. It can be fricken hilarious the odd time.