[REMOVE ADS]

Can Someone Explain This? LOL!

What is going on here........?

Uploaded on Jun 5, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by carole cucumber View Post
    Uploaded on Jun 5, 2009

What does that mean?

Perhaps the YouTube posting is an inadvertent mistake and that its poster meant to put up the Boys Town Gang's recording of AIN'T NO MOUNTAIN HIGH ENOUGH/REMEMBER ME, which was popular in the earlier days of disco. That would be my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah2 View Post
    Perhaps the YouTube posting is an inadvertent mistake and that its poster meant to put up the Boys Town Gang's recording of AIN'T NO MOUNTAIN HIGH ENOUGH/REMEMBER ME, which was popular in the earlier days of disco. That would be my guess.
    I am just curious as to why he typed and labeled it "Diana Ross, I Love You Baby" , which is the chorus of the song that is actually on the video.
    The biggest mystery to me is why it appears that many of the folks that commented on the video believe it is Diana Ross and are praising her.........LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah2 View Post
    Methuselah2, this recording of "Can't Take My Eyes Off You" really is the Boys Town Gang. It's a wonder the post-er who goofed didn't inadvertently post a photo of Mary Wilson, since this was her song, not Diana's! - Gary

Lulu Guest
    Like Methuselah said, The Boys Town Gang also did an 14 minute medley of "Remember Me/Ain't No Mountain High Enough" which, to my knowledge was their biggest hit in the clubs here but their cover of "Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You" reached #1 in the Netherlands. Maybe the picture of Diana is just a reference to the medley and not the appropriate Four Seasons song featured in the video.

Here's a discography of the group if you're interested:

http://www.discogs.com/artist/101256-Boys-Town-Gang

Quote Originally Posted by Lulu View Post
    Like Methuselah said, The Boys Town Gang also did an 14 minute medley of "Remember Me/Ain't No Mountain High Enough" which, to my knowledge was their biggest hit in the clubs here but their cover of "Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You" reached #1 in the Netherlands. Maybe the picture of Diana is just a reference to the medley and not the appropriate Four Seasons song featured in the video.

Here's a discography of the group if you're interested:

http://www.discogs.com/artist/101256-Boys-Town-Gang
    I think he read the title of Diane's CD cover and didn't give care. He just slapped it up on Youtube and the most of the commenting viewers seem to accept it as Diana Ross which is kind of sad for Miss Ross.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulu View Post
    Marv,

For someone who just earlier this week professed that he doesn't think about Diana Ross [[see: Aretha thread/ANMHE reference), you clearly spent a lot of time tracking this video from 2009 down and engaging in a whole thread which, per usual, was nothing more than a pot stirrer where you could insert your little digs at Miss Ross. Honestly, who cares about this video or what the poster did/did not do? Most of us immediately picked up on the Boys Town Gang reference and we could have just left it at that without further far reaching speculation.

As I've said before, you tend to surface when anything positive about Miss Ross hits the boards. Can't we just enjoy our Motown 25, RCA reissues and positive tour reviews without you getting all worked up and sliding your signature shade into our joy? Ralph's rules are obviously meaningless to you again and you're clearly hoping that you'll walk that thin line with your insults without him noticing.

Pathetic.
    I was wondering the same thing. He seems to be able to find anything about Diana Ross. I love Diana and don't find these things. He always says he can't stand her. Yet he searches the Net about her. Kind of funny if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    I was wondering the same thing. He seems to be able to find anything about Diana Ross. I love Diana and don't find these things. He always says he can't stand her. Yet he searches the Net about her. Kind of funny if you ask me.
    I am sure I do not know what you and Lulu are talking about. Explain?

Lulu Guest
    I've said my peace. I contacted Ralph earlier in the week about all the vulgarities and mud slinging towards Gordy/dePasse and he'll decide what/who stays and what/who does. The Vampire Diaries are on and I've got to wash my hair. Nite!

Disregarding the issues which members have with each other, this seems like a perfectly valid thread to me. The YouTube entry was puzzling and required an attempt at an explanation.