[REMOVE ADS]

ARETHA to Perform on David Letterman Tonight Sep 29th

Aretha is scheduled to perform tonight on DAVID LETTERMAN

Ms. Ree look very pretty last night. The background singers are some of NYC's best, and what a surprise to see Ms. Cissy up there holding it down.

Quote Originally Posted by nysister View Post
    Ms. Ree look very pretty last night. The background singers are some of NYC's best, and what a surprise to see Ms. Cissy up there holding it down.
    Do I also see Tawatha Agee., Fonzi Thorton? They are some of the top background singers in New York and in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Do I also see Tawatha Agee., Fonzi Thorton? They are some of the top background singers in New York and in the country.
    And you know that Marv2!!

I thought Aretha sounded better than she has in some time. Maybe she'll have a hit with this cover album. I'm anxious to hear the other cuts. I do prefer Adele's original version of "Rolling In The Deep", but the new arrangement adding "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" may carry it through. I hope she has a hit single on her hands.

~~Mary~~

From the clip I saw Ree Ree looked and sounded better than she has in a long time, happy for her!
    It was good to see Cissy out again too, though she did look kind of sad.

S.S.

I think for 81 Cissy was ok. Everytime I watched her she was singing the lyrics unlike postings Ive read from some people. I imagine she was a bit nervous. I think Aretha's lower key sounds great. I just dont understand why she is redoing a recent masterpeice by Adele, and I dont understand the whole Aint No Mt High Enough add on.

Me thinks Aretha has another hit on her hands! Over 1.4 million views in just 2 days on Youtube!~

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    I think for 81 Cissy was ok. Everytime I watched her she was singing the lyrics unlike postings Ive read from some people. I imagine she was a bit nervous. I think Aretha's lower key sounds great. I just dont understand why she is redoing a recent masterpeice by Adele, and I dont understand the whole Aint No Mt High Enough add on.
    Luke, redoing a masterpiece is not new for Ms. Ree as she has arethasized Natural Woman, Respect, Bridge Over Trouble Water, Spanish Harlem, Don't play that Song for Me, To Be Young Gifted & Black, and Marvin Gaye's Holy, Holy just to name a few.
    Last edited by nysister; 10-02-2014 at 03:34 PM. Reason: typo