[REMOVE ADS]

Cool MOTOWN 25 [[Deluxe 6-Disc DVD Version) REVIEW - Disc 4

I just finished watching over 3 hours’ worth of Motown 25 – Disc 4 – titled "History". All I can say is now we're back to COOKIN’! This disc, along with Disc 1, brought back the original excitement I had anticipated when I first purchased the deluxe 6-disc DVD Motown 25 set.

The first segment is the Songwriters’ Roundtable starring Holland-Dozier-Holland, Norman Whitfield, Mickey Stevenson, Harvey Fuqua, Ron Miller, and an unidentified piano player which aired on the original Motown 25 TV special. The difference is that, this time, we get the complete, uncut version running 1 hour and 7 minutes. The abridged version which aired on Motown 25 was interesting and kind of cutesy, but it was nothing compared to this extended version. I could listen to these guys talk all night – especially Norman Whitfield. I get a real kick out of Whit!

The second segment on Disc 4 is a featurette titled "Dancing In The Street". I’m ashamed to say that, at the moment [[4:15 a.m.), my mind is swimming and I can’t remember exactly what it was about. But, it was great! You can trust my word on that. Everything on this disc is a winner!

What comes next was a total and most-welcome surprise. We are treated to exclusive interviews with Norman Whitfield; H-D-H; Nick Ashford & Valerie Simpson [[Nick & Val’s interview was my favorite of them all, as it was the first time I had ever heard them talk. They are totally great together.); Gloria Jones [[also rare and very enjoyable); Shelly Berger [[manager of D.R. & The Supremes, The Temptations, The Jackcson 5, etc.), and, finally, Suzanne Coston [[Motown employee and Producer of Motown 25).

I’m glad to be able to give a solid two-thumbs-up for Disc 4. After the past couple of discs, I think a lot of us were somewhat disappointed. But, fear not....the Motown magic has returned. Disc 5 – "Legacy" -- looks highly promising as well. We’ll let ya know tomorrow!

A very welcome review and rundown Gary. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah2 View Post
    A very welcome review and rundown Gary. Thank you.
    You're very welcome, Methuselah2.

I appreciate your reviews a lot. I will get this sooner or later and love to hear what others think of it.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    I appreciate your reviews a lot. I will get this sooner or later and love to hear what others think of it.
    Thanks. I was gonna review Disc 5 tonight, but there was a lot of duplication and I fell asleep half-way through it. I think I may be temporarily OD-ing on it. Hopefully, another fan will review Disc 5.
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 09-30-2014 at 04:12 AM.