[REMOVE ADS]

Lyn Roman on Shivaree

This YT video was actually posted on another site. It's a rare clip of Lyn Roman [aka Linda Griner] performing her 1965 Mercury single, "G.B. [[Goodbye) Day" on Shivaree. It aired on 10/30/65. I always liked this single. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDBFJCRblVc

Quote Originally Posted by no_place_like_motown View Post
    This YT video was actually posted on another site. It's a rare clip of Lyn Roman [aka Linda Griner] performing her 1965 Mercury single, "G.B. [[Goodbye) Day" on Shivaree. It aired on 10/30/65. I always liked this single. Enjoy!
    Thank you for sharing this interesting video. It's too bad Linda Griner didn't stick around Motown for a couple more years. It would have been interesting to see what Smokey or one of the guys could have come up with for her. I like her voice.

Wonderfully dramatic performance--and I loved watching her. A strange song but I enjoyed it a lot, as well as her voice. Great footage of time and place. Thank you Nplm.

Quote Originally Posted by Philles/Motown Gary View Post
    Thank you for sharing this interesting video. It's too bad Linda Griner didn't stick around Motown for a couple more years. It would have been interesting to see what Smokey or one of the guys could have come up with for her. I like her voice.
    Gary,

If I recall correctly there are some unreleased Motown tracks on Linda Griner. It would be great if one or more of these tracks would be included on a "Motown Girls 2" or "Cellarful, Vol. 5" set...
    Last edited by no_place_like_motown; 09-29-2014 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah2 View Post
    Wonderfully dramatic performance--and I loved watching her. A strange song but I enjoyed it a lot, as well as her voice. Great footage of time and place. Thank you Nplm.
    Your welcome, Meth.

The tune has a pop/MOR feel to it; kinda reminds me of a Barbara McNair song. She had a few singles on Mercury/Dot, including a nice version of "Just A Little Lovin' [[Early In The Morning)" which I loved by Dusty as well. Lyn also recorded the wonderful "Stop, I Don't Need No Sympathy" for Brunswick in '73.
    Last edited by no_place_like_motown; 09-29-2014 at 01:33 PM.

Now that was a fantastic lip-synch! She really had those lyrics down along with her own phrasing on the recording so that it almost looked like a live performance. Ed Townsend produced and Horace Ott wrote and arranged this dramatic number. I'd love it if there was a Lyn Roman CD available. The girl pop music of the 60s [[aside from the Motown ladies) was pretty terrific--and long forgotten if it didn't make the Top 10.

Thanks for sharing this video, N_P_L_M!

Quote Originally Posted by no_place_like_motown View Post
    Gary,

If I recall correctly there are some unreleased Motown tracks on Linda Griner. It would be great if one or more of these tracks would be included on a "Motown Girls 2" or "Cellarful, Vol. 5" set...
    Let's keep our fingers crossed, nplm. Linda Griner also had great stage presence in that video. Given the right material and production, she could have been a Motown star by the mid-1960's, had she not left for whatever reason.