[REMOVE ADS]

Tracie Ellis Ross Interview - Shows Her Great Magnetic Personality

Below is an interview with Tracey Ellis Ross. It is nice to see her as herself, and not acting. Her humor, charm and intellect makes her personality magnetic.

Before promoting her new show, she answers questions about GIRLFRIENDS which was cancelled abruptly without closure. She discusses what she hopes happened to the Joan character.

She has the utmost respect and love for her mother.

I think I heard the interviewer trys to slip in a question about her sexuality, which Tracey addresses but does not answer. I personally think that questions like this should not be asked but I guess you can't blame the interviewer for trying

Its an enjoyable interview

I truly like Tracee's personality. You would never know that she went to The Dalton School, one of the most prestigious institutions in the world because of her unpretentious manner. I will definitely be DVRing "Black-ish". It was funny and the half hour sped by. All of Diana's kids come across as very likeable. Though she downplays it, she definitely looks biracial in the best of terms.

Wow! Thanks, Milven. Neat interview! Tracee is even cooler than I had thought!

Fantastic interview. She comes across very approachable and has a great sense of humor.

Tracee does some great interviews. The other one about being raised by Diana is another really good one. Ha, funny about the sexuality question. I recall that it crossed my mind once but is irrelevant.

Love her. She is such a natural comedian and I don't even compare her to Diana. She's in a league of her own. I think Diana did a fantastic job as a mother. Her children are all great people.

She's articulate and clearly very intelligent.

WOW, that is one intelligent woman !!!!

I'd like to ask all of Diana's kids why they disrespect their father so much as to not use his name? Only the oldest boy uses his father's name, and that is probably just because it would be stupid to name yourself Ross Ross.
    Last edited by jillfoster; 10-14-2014 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jillfoster View Post
    I'd like to ask all of Diana's kids why they disrespect their father so much as to not use his name?...
    Some of them are just following their father's lead. Bob Silverstein changed his name to Bob Ellis when he took a professional name. Tracie said in the interview that her real name is Tracie Silverstein. Her professional name is Tracie Ross.

Joan Molinsky changed her name to Joan Rivers, married Edgar Rosenburg and they had a child named Melissa Rosenburg. Melissa took her mother's name as her professional name and became Melissa Rivers.

Nothing unusual in the entertainment industry and certainly no disrespect

I'd like to ask all of Diana's kids why they disrespect their father so much as to not use his name? Only the oldest boy uses his father's name, and that is probably just because it would be stupid to name yourself Ross Ross.
    And what is exactly wrong for them using the Ross surname???? if Diana herself or Bob are alright with it, who are we to judge?? and Arne Naess has got know say in the matter and Evan is a grown man now, so it's up to him to decide what name he wants to be known by.
    Why exactly does this bother you?

I don't feel its disrespect I feel its a choice like everything else in 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by David J View Post
    And what is exactly wrong for them using the Ross surname???? if Diana herself or Bob are alright with it, who are we to judge?? and Arne Naess has got know say in the matter and Evan is a grown man now, so it's up to him to decide what name he wants to be known by.
    Why exactly does this bother you?
    In our society, it is customary that the children take the surname of their fathers especially if the parents were married at the time of their birth. I know this is not a new concept to you and that you've heard of it. The way it stands with these children, it makes it appear as if their mother was not married to any of their fathers when they were born. That is exactly how society [[and the government) views it whether you agree or not. It is not something Jill, I or anyone is making up just because the subject here is Diane and her kids.

Well then, boo to Joan Crawford, Cary Grant, Melissa Rivers, and hundreds of other entertainers who "abandoned" their father's name for a professional name.

Hooray to Liza Minnelli who kept her father's name instead of calling herself Liza Garland.

And also hooray to Tracey , who says in the interview that her real name is Tracey Silverstein.

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    Well then, boo to Joan Crawford, Cary Grant, Melissa Rivers, and hundreds of other entertainers who "abandoned" their father's name for a professional name.

Hooray to Liza Minnelli who kept her father's name instead of calling herself Liza Garland.

And also hooray to Tracey , who says in the interview that her real name is Tracey Silverstein.
    Yeah, well boo to all of them. I forget the term used when an individual operates outside of societal norms,but whatever it is, that is what they are! LOL!!!!

This is a mute point away from the original discussion. Society should not dictate who you are or what you want to be. Labels belong on the toes of people in the morgue. Call her Miss Tracey and be done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post

Nobody really has a problem with stage names, especially when a person's real name is less than attractive. Maybe Diana's kids don't want anyone thinking they are jewish? Joan Crawford's real name is Lucille Leseur, MANY MANY people have said and David Frost even told her to her face he thought her given name is nicer. But in her case, it was a studio telling her what to do. And keep in mind, that Melissa didn't start using her mother's name until she stared performing WITH her. So in that case, both having the same stage name I think is fine. In the end, they do what they want. I just find it odd that ALL of Diana's kids except one choose to use her last name.

Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    This is a mute point away from the original discussion. Society should not dictate who you are or what you want to be. Labels belong on the toes of people in the morgue. Call her Miss Tracey and be done with it.
    You're not being honest with yourself or living in the real reality!~ Things have change,but they have not changed that much. Societial, cultural and civil norms dictate just about everything we do. You can say what you want, but you'd better get with the program when you are out in society! Try catching to the train each morning to go to work in New York. Get on there without showering or brushing your teeth....no, better yet, get on there naked and tell everyone it is your right as an individual to walk around that way. Now by noon you should be posting your bail and on your way to your own nirvana.......LOL!!!!
    Last edited by marv2; 10-15-2014 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    You're not being honest with yourself or living in the real reality!~ Things have change,but they have not changed that much. Societial, cultural and civil norms dictate just about everything we do. You can say what you want, but you'd better get with the program when you are out in society! Try catching to the train each morning to go to work in New York. Get on there without showering or brushing your teeth....no, better yet, get on there naked and tell everyone it is your right as an individual to walk around that way. Now by noon you should be posting your bail and on your way to your own nirvana.......LOL!!!!
    It may be as simple as the kids using the name to ride her coattails.

smark21 Guest
    What's wrong with Matriarchy?

It may be as simple as the kids using the name to ride her coattails.
    That is exactly what it is all about but no ones willing to admit it.

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    What's wrong with Matriarchy?
    You'll have to ask whomever created this current system we live in/under.

HAHAHA
    In reality Robert Ellis Silberstein shortened his name when he started working as a music manager. So Tracey is probably Tracey Joy Ross Silberstein Ellis or Tracey Joy Ross Ellis Silberstein. Hi ya Ya !!!! If it was good for her dad to shorten his name its good for women to keep theirs or change it. It is not against the law to change your name like running around naked in New York or anywhere else. Call her Miss Tracey !!!!

So will Diana Ross be on Black-ish? And is it already a hit?

You folks are PATHETIC. Who cares why they choose to go by their Mom's last name. It's their business, NOT YOURS!!!! Damn, give it a rest. Live your OWN FREAKIN' LIVES!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryon6 View Post
    You folks are PATHETIC. Who cares why they choose to go by their Mom's last name. It's their business, NOT YOURS!!!! Damn, give it a rest. Live your OWN FREAKIN' LIVES!
    Exactly, well said!!!! I really don't know why it bothers some folks so much.

Love this video about Tracee talking about her mom and and little brother Evan's wedding.

Tracee Ellis Ross On Evan Ross & Ashlee Simpson's Wedding Access Hollywood