[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Very astute stu,you haven't changed a bit...haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa that's why you're the legend that you are.

Stubass 1 is the go to guy for James Jameson, always have enjoyed his post about the legendary bassist.

It takes one to know one, tmd. Stu is a rather accomplished bass player himself.

Thanks tmd...There are several other people with great knowledge on James Jamerson as well...Of course Allan Slutsky literally wrote the book, and folks like Bob Lee, Phil Chen, Fran Festa, Anthony Jackson and others have kept the Jamerson flame alive. It has been rewarding to getto know the Jamerson family in recent years, as well as the families of many of The Funk Brothers...Some really terrific people... And Ralph...Thanks, but it's been awhile LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by StuBass1 View Post
    I think she'll run because her husband wants her out of the house lol.
    hahahahahahahahahahaha Yes, and because she and he are all about the power. I can just imagine him as "First Husband". God help the Secret Service. They will be busy keeping his extra curricular activities under wraps. lol

~~Mary~~

Haaaaaaaaaaaa,she may have to make him ambassador to antartica.

I'm thinking that Bill may JOIN the Secret Service...They seem to be getting all the action...

Yeah ol bill would charge up there like teddy r.

Hey stu,have you sat in on any sessions lately?

Hey Jai...not much of that, except my nephew has been playing guitar and has written and produced songs for Kanye West, Keisha Cole, and some other artists...Musically...over the past year or so I met a lot of people through the Hollywood Walk Of Fame. Did The Funk Brothers last year and had lots and lots of Motown people there, as well as an after party they threw for us at H.O.M.E in Beverly Hills, and Richard Streets Temptations [[Richard had shortly before passed away) performed along with Freda Payne, and believe it or not...Stevie [[who was one of our guest speakers) took the stage and sang several of his big Motown hits from back in the Detroit days...Couldn't get him off the stage to do some presentations LOL. Earlier this year...Ray Parker Jr got his Star, and we again had a terrific time with a lot of music people there, and his after party at the Hard Rock had some great L.A. musicians like Freddie Washington, Kevin Toney, etc playing, and George Benson and Cheryl Lynn, among others performed...She's very sweet and when she sang Got To Be Real, she hadn't lost a chop...So I'll probably take a break from music related projects for a while...The Funk Brothers event, despite being a great day, nearly sucked the life out of me in the weeks leading up to it LOL.
    Last edited by StuBass1; 10-17-2014 at 03:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    I was just over in the archives and my brother stubass was the funniest guy over there..[oh and he knows his music too]stu should have his own section in the sdf hall of fame,hey ralph where's stu,time for the prodical son to return.
    Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  21.1 KB
    Am I missing something here? Maybe I don't understand English anymore [[listening to too much Dutch and German)? I went to The SDF Archives looking for threads where Stu could have posted. I saw no place for posting comments. I never remembered a place there where one could post comments.

Can you please explain where Stu's posts are?

Hi robb,what i meant was that while visiting the archives pages i read some of the classic stuff we used to post there and stu's input was classic,you were there in those days too.

Hey Robb ol buddy...I wonder if the old threads from the single page topics from back in the old days are still available for viewing. Those were some of the best threads I can recall.

Yes they are stu,that's what i was refering to.

Quote Originally Posted by StuBass1 View Post
    Hey Robb ol buddy...I wonder if the old threads from the single page topics from back in the old days are still available for viewing. Those were some of the best threads I can recall.
    Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  21.1 KB
    Unfortunately. we lost a LOT of them to the changeover to the new platform [[almost ALL of the threads from 2001-2003). We also lost some from 2004 and 2005. Lots of those threads had great information from people who were in The Business in Detroit back in the '50s and '60s. Several of them. like Joe Hunter and Ron Murphy are gone now. We had great discographies of obscure Detroit labels including scans of all the record labels, as well as inside information about them by SDF posters who knew the owners or the people who ran the label. A large portion of my 12900 posts on this forum were record label scans. Now, MOST of them are gone. Many came from Carl Pelagrino -they are gone. and from Ron Murphy. They are gone [[and we can't get many of those back. The "Classic Threads" section has a FEW of them to remind us how great they were. But most of them are gone.

Robb is right,alot of stuff is gone,but alot of good memories are still there too.