[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Stubass..come home

I was just over in the archives and my brother stubass was the funniest guy over there..[oh and he knows his music too]stu should have his own section in the sdf hall of fame,hey ralph where's stu,time for the prodical son to return.

He has recently posted on some thread Arr. Put the hootch away and read something once in a while. I agree with you though. Stu is one in a million.

I'd love to see Stu back!!!! What fun that would be.

Mary, do you remember Stu's Angels?

Ralph, Stu's Angels was way before her/Mary's time. We did have some fun and funny times!!

R & B, you missing your hootch partner and gold mine digging friend, lol...................

S.S.

Well then, Sis, it is time for Mary to meet Stu and become an angel.

S.S. is right. Stu's angels were before my time, but I'm ready, willing and able to be one now.

Come back Stu!!

~~Mary~~

Looooooooooooooooool>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:d,
    s.s.

Me thinks you're right, Ralph.

S.S.

Hey Stu...Are you getting any of this? You have babes waiting in the wings to get their angel wings.

What are the qualifications to be one of Stu's angels??? I might want to be one of his naughty devils instead.

Mary.....LOL

People speak of 'bands of angels' but angels need to get used to walking alone. They're very worthy, of course, but also not seen as a lot of fun in many people's eyes, right down here on this old Earth.

Same with devils. If you want to be someone else's devil, the qualifications are you first have to be one unto yourself.

Have fun [[as if you haven't already!)

Westgrandboulevard ....hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha You know it.

Yes, Mr. Stubass was a rascal, looooool..............

S.S.

Haaaaaaaaaaaa,ralph i know that stu posted,but it ain't the same as the golden ol days,that was more in the line of a guest apperance....put the hooch away?????

Geez...Here I am after a long day and about to call it a night and decide to take a look at The Clubhouse. I usually browse through the front page and the Motown page to see anything interesting popping up...but sorta forgot the CH...Sorry. So I'm about to crash, a little buzzed [[not McLeanesque bussed), but buzzed...and now I see my name at the top of a thread...Ohhhh Shit#@%@. Anyways, thanks for remembering the good old Angel days. Jai...You're nuts...in only the best way. Thanks to Ralph, and all the Angels...[[once an Angel...ALWAYS and Angel)...and to all you lovely ladies...You're ALL Angels)...And I have NO idea how I could possibly explain all of this to my significant lady!!!

Whats to explain to the significant, Stu? Doesn't she realize from whence you came?

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!

This is your thing Stu, no need to tell!

Former Angel,
    S.S.

hahahahahahahaha
    Stu, you can't leave us now. Just explain to your lady the angels will protect her interests. Now, the naughty ones, that's another story.

On a serious note, with elections coming up, I always enjoyed your take on matters of the day. I agreed with you most of the time. I'd love to see some balance back on the forum.

~~Mary~~

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa,you ol legend you bout time you showed up...when did you get married?congrats.

Married!! I guess she really is significant. All the best, dude.

woah...Still clinging to my independence...but a talented classically trained music teacher who also loves jazz, R&B, and pop...gotta be the one

Hey stu,i still have my classically trained pet peeve,but it just sits in the basement and growls.

Down Champion!!!...Soul Sis...Hope everything's going well for you sweetheart...Mary...How's it going ?...Yeah...I've come to the conclusion that I'll be long gone by the time some of this crazy shit that's going on now will come to a head, so it's just easier and less stressful for me to let the poor future generation have to deal with it. I'm still a Kennedy [[JFK) Democrat at heart...Unfortunately, there few if any Kennedy Democrats left in the Democratic Party

I have good and bad moments Stu, I miss Jimmy all the time, life is empty without him.
    Thanks for asking.
    Keep us posted on your upcoming nuptials.

S.S.

Well!!! Congratulations on your upcoming wedding, Stu. I'm so happy for you.

Nothing wrong with being a Kennedy Democrat. The philosophy and policies make sense, unlike much of what passes for politics today.

Things are going well. Still stumping for Eugene Pitt & The Jive Five. I've learned a lot about the good and not so good people in the music industry. I worked in politics for years, and people say it's a dirty game, but it pales in comparison to the music business.

Good to see you back.

~~Mary~~

Sis...You hang on in there...Great tributes to Jimmy...quite a legacy...Thanks Mary...Yeah...JFK had intelligent and responsible policy's...and the promising tone he set for the nation has really never been duplicated since...Then along comes LBJ...So well meaning...but started the decline of our country with his good intentions....but that's a discussion for the historians lol...

As we well know there are factions in this country that don't want things to go right,the assasinations showed us that.

Yeah Jai...That stuff too...

Hey Stu, how's it going?

A long time ago on another site, Stu had my back when I proposed that washtub bass player Fritz Richmond deserved a place on a list of the 50 greatest bass players. With his help Fritz [[who played with Jim Kweskin and John Sebastian's J-Band and has one of his tub basses in the Smithsonian) made the list over strong objection.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fritz_Richmond

I still owe you a round of golf on the city course for that one.

douglasm

Thanks Stu,
    We are having a big memorial in New York on October 25th with a nice line-up of performers, then later another in L.A. perhaps at the Grammy Museum.
    Jimmy will receive a "Lifetime Achievement Grammy" this coming year.
    More to come........so these projects and more have been keeping me a little busy.
    Distraction from missing him gets me through.

Take care,
    S.S.

That's terrific Jeanie and I hope the tributes keep coming. Having been involved with NARAS representing The Funk Brothers, I know how difficult the process can be for that outstanding honor. Look forward to Jimmys recognition here in L.A.

Stu, the board voted quickly and unanimously I am told.

I am waiting for more info. to come.

S.S.

Congrats to jimmy and you sis,it's an honor long pass due.

Hey stu,you still selling cars?

Do you need one Jai???...Still managing my 10 "children" out here in SoCal representing the fine Honda brand...

Quote Originally Posted by StuBass1 View Post
    Sis...You hang on in there...Great tributes to Jimmy...quite a legacy...Thanks Mary...Yeah...JFK had intelligent and responsible policy's...and the promising tone he set for the nation has really never been duplicated since...Then along comes LBJ...So well meaning...but started the decline of our country with his good intentions....but that's a discussion for the historians lol...
    The civil rights act started out decline? We had perhaps the best economic times under Clinton. Is that a decline? Obama didn't have the same quest for our nation as Kennedy? Sorry to interrupt the light-hearted nature of this thread, but I had to speak up.

Oh, and, BTW, since you all are in this clique, after all these years, I have no idea what StuBass' claim to fame is. Can someone fill me in?
    Last edited by soulster; 10-05-2014 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    The civil rights act started out decline? We had perhaps the best economic times under Clinton. Is that a decline? Obama didn't have the same quest for our nation as Kennedy? Sorry to interrupt the light-hearted nature of this thread, but I had to speak up.

Oh, and, BTW, since you all are in this clique, after all these years, I have no idea what StuBass' claim to fame is. Can someone fill me in?
    No claim to fame at all LOL...Not sure what you're referring to Soulster [[by the way...hope all is well with you)...The Civil Rights Act's were monumental, great and necessary pieces of legislation...Those laws were first enacted during the Kennedy Administration with bipartisan support, alkthough future Democratic Senate Majority leader Robert Byrd vehimently fiibustered against the Civil Rights legislation, as it was also strongly opposed by Tennessee Senator Albert Gore Sr.
    Last edited by StuBass1; 10-05-2014 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StuBass1 View Post
    No claim to fame at all LOL...Not sure what you're referring to Soulster [[by the way...hope all is well with you)...The Civil Rights Act's were monumental, great and necessary pieces of legislation...Those laws were first enacted during the Kennedy Administration with bipartisan support, alkthough future Democratic Senate Majority leader Robert Byrd vehimently fiibustered against the Civil Rights legislation, as it was also strongly opposed by Tennessee Senator Albert Gore Sr.
    It is interesting to note that, while a lot of things were enacted by the LBJ administration-not the Kennedy administration, even more were enacted by Nixon because LBJ was so wrapped up with Viet Nam.

I know all about the obstructionists and objectors. You can include Sen. Barry Goldwater to that dubious list.

I don't think that strom thurman was holding hands and singing[we shall overcome either].

Don't need one yet stu,just asking,you gotta open a dealership on the eastcoast.

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    I don't think that strom thurman was holding hands and singing[we shall overcome either].
    True Dat Jai...Strom Thurmond lol...Thats why things should always be put in perspective, and sometimes we become so embroiled in what we were indoctrinated with from an early age sometimes clouds our objectivity and historical analysis...I was raised that Dems were good and Repubs were bad and policy didn't really matter...thats just the way it was supposed to be...Interesting letter I found from Jacqu:eline Kennedy Onassis to then Republican Congressman Bill Mcculloch from Ohio in 1971 from aboard the yacht Christina upon learning of McCullochs planned retirement from Congress in 1971 which I'll pass along. Kennedy Onassis wrote..."I know that you more than anyone, were responsible for the civil rights legislation of the 1960's", she continued. "You made a personal committment to President Kennedy in October 1963, against all the interests in your district"...Concluding..."As for my dear Jack, it is a precious thought to me that in the last month of his life, when he had so many problems that seemed insoluble, he had the shining gift of your nobility, to give him the hope and faith he needed to carry on"...Good and bad everythere...no matter what our supposed "mentors" say...
    Last edited by StuBass1; 10-06-2014 at 01:48 AM.

Here's an interesting link revealing who supported the Civil Rights Act of 1964. In both houses of Congress, more Republicans supported the bill than Democrats.
    http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...hts-bills-196/

Stu, I'm curious. Who were Stu's Angels? What were the qualifications? It was a little before my first time here at SDF, and I'm always interested in history.

~~Mary~~

Mary,
    Angel's qualifications were generally females with a pulse. Somehow they would become enamored with Stu.

hahahahahahahahaha Ralph. Well, who could blame them.

BTW thanks Doug. Interesting learning more about Fritz Richmond from you, and while an unusual choice, it was well deserved based on his unique legacy. Don't think anyone was really enamored with me Ralph...but we had lots of [[innocent) fun with that stuff ...

Hey I was a Stubass Angel and still am! I guess you know that a two/fer CD came out recently on your boy Ronnie Dyson. Good to see you again Stu.

Hi Steph...Hope all is well with you...Yup...I saw that CD info. Ronnie was an awesome singer...

Hey stu,i know you're pretty astute on politics so the question is,do you think that hillary will run because of the historical attachment or because she thinks that she can make a difference?

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    Hey stu,i know you're pretty astute on politics so the question is,do you think that hillary will run because of the historical attachment or because she thinks that she can make a difference?
    I think she'll run because her husband wants her out of the house lol.