[REMOVE ADS]

Tracie Ellis Ross On THE VIEW Thiis Morning

Tracie will be on THE VIEW later to promote her new show BLACK-ISH , which debuts tonight on ABC

What time is The View, eastern time? Isn't it also on ABC?

East COast it is on at 11 a.m. on ABC

Did anybody catch Tracee's new "Black-ish" sitcom tonight? I missed it. I like her a lot, and I hope her new show does well for her.

BLACK-ISH
    Season 1 Episode 1 | Pilot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjAmMDnTnMg

I'll definitely get into this show! I'm still upset that her previous show "Girlfriends" never had a proper ending [[thanks to the union writers strike). It was one of the best, well-written shows ever and they just cancelled it after the strike. Sadly the story never got a proper ending...

Tracee & Anthony on
    THE VIEW 9/24/14
    5-min. clip:

http://touch.theybf.com/all/2014-09-...ony-anderson#1

I saw them on The View and then watched the first episode of Black-ish. It was good and I think the characters will grow and develop. It was quite different than expected, but well done with a sense of humor, but also a very positive message in today's society. Young kids and young people in general really don't see differences in people as far as race or color, they actually do see personality and the heart within. This is so true as I only retired last year as a public school teacher for 35 years. Anyway, it will be something to look forward too, how the characters grow and how the show finds its audience.

I liked it. It usually is hard to judge a pilot because they spend most of the twenty two minutes introducing the characters and the set up. But, I already like the characters and will check it out again.

I DVR'ed it last night and will watch it today..

Sorry i didn't like it,at all,and i wanna like it,i'm gonna watch it again,maybe i missed something,i like Tracy Ellis Ross,this was just corny to me.

I enjoyed the show as well. I'll continue to watch it as long as its on the air.

I, too, enjoyed the first episode. I wish them the best...but I'm concerned that the one-joke premise may grow stale for them soon. Hopefully, they'll find fresh ways to explore the topic in future episodes. The writing, acting, and production were all quite well-executed.

Young kids and young people in general really don't see differences in people as far as race or color, they actually do see personality and the heart within. This is so true as I only retired last year as a public school teacher for 35 years. Anyway, it will be something to look forward too, how the characters grow and how the show finds its audience.

Totally agree with and love this positive comment from rrussi above. It is so true ~ true with respect to race, true with respect to sexual orientation.

The world has moved on in many respects and is it great to see this positive progression.

Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah2 View Post
    BLACK-ISH
    Season 1 Episode 1 | Pilot
    Well dang! Methuselah2, I finally got around to watching the video link that you provided for "Black-ish", but it said that the video has been removed. [[Most likely a copyright problem.) I knew I should have watched it when you first posted it. Thanks anyway for trying.

In terms of show business success, who is more successful ~ Tracee or Evan?

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    In terms of show business success, who is more successful ~ Tracee or Evan?
    No contest: Tracee. She was in a hit series before Blackish: Girlfriends. She has fans in her own right and has earned a reputation as an excellent and distinctive comedic actor. She's just not Diana's daughter. Evan on the other hand, has had a journeyman career so far, not establishing his own identity as Evan Ross. If he's known at all, it's as Diana's son and/or Ashlee Simpson's husband.

I'm not that familiar with either. I'm a bit surprised by that answer.

Has The Hunger Games that he is in come out yet? Could that change things?

Maybe he did get quasi famous because of The Simpsons and his Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah2 View Post
    Tracee & Anthony on
    THE VIEW 9/24/14
    5-min. clip:

http://touch.theybf.com/all/2014-09-...ony-anderson#1
    Thanks, Methuselah2.

My pleasure Gary.