[REMOVE ADS]

RossHolloway Guest

Motown Remembers Marvin Gaye: Never Before Released Masters [[1986)

I had forgotten about this release, does anyone know if these songs were ever remixed and released on any other compilation? I know Lonely Lover was included on at least one or two other compilations, does anyone know about the rest? [[Besides Grapevine)

1. "I Heard It Through The Grapevine" [[4:44) [[1988 issue only)
    2. "The World Is Rated X" [[6:27)
    3. "Lonely Lover" [[2:37)
    4. "Just Like a Man" [[3:06)
    5. "I'm Going Home" [[3:41)
    6. "No Greater Love" [[3:38)
    7. "Dark Side of the World" [[3:34)
    8. "Loving and Affection" [[2:35)
    9. "I'm in Love With You" [[2:56)
    10. "That's the Way It Goes" [[3:06)
    11. "I Gotta Have Your Lovin'" [[2:50)
    12. "Baby I'm Glad That Things Worked Out So Well" [[3:10)
    13. "Baby [[Don't You Leave Me)" [[w/Kim Weston) [[2:28)

That was a strange old release. I was excited to get it, but the remixes were'nt to my liking, a

'Baby [[Don't You Leave Me)' was issued in it's correct form [[in this case, a mixed mono master) on the 1990s Kim Weston 'Greatest Hits & Rare Classics' CD.

I think 'Loving and Affection'' turned up on the upgraded reissue of the Marvin Gaye 'Love Starved Heart' CD.

Cheers

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by soulwally View Post
    That was a strange old release. I was excited to get it, but the remixes were'nt to my liking, a
    Funny you should say that, soulwally. I always liked the remixes on that album, and, of course, we were hearing most of those songs on that LP for the first time. There were no original versions to compare them with. I've kinda wished that Motown would reissue Marvin's "Never-Before-Released Masters" on CD.

I know there are more Marvin tracks still in the vaults like "The Touch Of Venus" and "Emily."

Ross, here's what I came up with:

"Lonely Lover" is included on Marvin's CD boxed set The Master [[Disc 2, Track 3) and also on Marvin's A Musical Testament [[1964-1984) [[Track 12)

"Just Like A Man" is included on The Master [[Disc 1, Track 19)

"I'm Going Home" is include on The Master [[Disc 3, Track 5)

"Dark Side Of The World" is included on Marvin's Motown Lost And Found: Love-Starved Heart [[Expanded Edition) [[Track 18), and also on Marvin's A Musical Testament [[1964-1984) [[Track 14)

"Loving And Affection is on Marvin's Motown's Lost And Found: Love-Starved Heart [[Expanded Edition) [[Track 25) as well as on Marvin's A Musical Testament [[1964-198) [[Track 5)

"I'm In Love With You" is on Marvin's Lost And Found: Love-Starved Heart [[Expanded Edition) [[Track 19)

Baby I'm Glad That Things Have Worked Out So Well" is from Marvin's Lost And Found: Love-Starved Heart [[Expanded Edition), [[Track 21)

and, finally,

"Baby Don't You Leave Me [[w/Kim Weston) is from Marvin & Kim's Take Two Plus [[+) [[Expanded Edition) [[Track 5) as well as on Kim's Greatest Hits And Rare Classics [[Track 15)

Hope this helps. - Gary

Note that "A Musical Testament" uses the remixes from "Motown Remembers MARVIN Gaye". MRMG was issued on cd in Japan as a paper sleeve 4 years ago.

"Lost and Found" and "The Master" use the original mixes.

Original mix for "The World is Rated X" is on 1995 "The Best of Marvin Gaye - Anthology Series"

JB

And "Baby ..." with Kim Weston is the original mix on Kim's cd

JB

Quote Originally Posted by jbpintus View Post
    MRMG was issued on cd in Japan as a paper sleeve 4 years ago.
    Thanks, JB. I wasn't aware that "Motown Remembers Marvin Gaye" had been released on CD in Japan. I just ordered my copy from Amazon. Thanks again! - Gary

I've always wondered why they never issued the original "Gotta Have Your Lovin'"...

Japan Mini LP rear cover....Name:  13019203924_52209103a1_b.jpg
Views: 1041
Size:  97.1 KB

Nice booklet. Marvin knew how to wear a suit/pajama outfit! Lol

I had no idea that Marvin's "Motown Remembers....Never-Before-Released Masters" had been reissued on CD. Thanks to you guys/gals on the Motown Forum, I just got my CD copy. Just listened to it today, in fact! PLEASE, Universal....give us a one-stop website where we can learn of all the Motown issues/reissues on CD/downloads. We'll ALL benefit from it, including you.
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 09-27-2014 at 10:23 PM.

huntergettingcaptured Guest
    I remember being excited about this album and trying to save the money to buy it. When I got home, I was baffled at the mixes, the overdubs. All that excitement turned to disappointment because I knew these weren't original Motown mixes...AT ALL. There was only one song that was spared the excessive overdub treatment- "That's The Way It Goes." Somehow, on that song, the overdubs actually blended in so well, they sounded great. I keep wishing this song would be re-issued in its original mix.

In time, I did find a few songs that I grew to enjoy. "Lonely Lover" was another where the dubs actually worked so well that I was a bit surprised when I finally heard the original mix and found I had grown attached to that over-dubbed version! [[Still, the original trumps the re-mix in my heart!)