[REMOVE ADS]

Lulu Guest

Details On BBR's 1970's MOTOWN Reissues

Just recently got "Down To Love Town" and "For The First Time" on CD and I'm pleased with them.I know others say the bass seems to be maxed on BBR but I like bass anyway although I don't detect any issues with the bass on these..

Much as I like The Originals, they sound much like any other band on this LP. Could be Temptations on some tracks or any disco outfit, so I think they'd lost their uniqueness - but that's not down to BBR. However, a couple of the tracks are really growing on me. A bit much to add one bonus track and call it an expanded edition though lol. Nice sets!

Quote Originally Posted by mysterysinger View Post
    Just recently got "Down To Love Town" and "For The First Time" on CD and I'm pleased with them.I know others say the bass seems to be maxed on BBR but I like bass anyway although I don't detect any issues with the bass on these..

Much as I like The Originals, they sound much like any other band on this LP. Could be Temptations on some tracks or any disco outfit, so I think they'd lost their uniqueness - but that's not down to BBR. However, a couple of the tracks are really growing on me. A bit much to add one bonus track and call it an expanded edition though lol. Nice sets!
    mysterysinger, my beef regarding BBR's over-bassiness was primarily with some of their Philly releases such as Loleatta Holloway and First Choice [[Expanded Editions of their individual album CDs). BBR's Motown CD releases seem to be fine, for the most part. [[Don't forget, I'm using headphones that already have more bass response than most headphones. What sounds like perfect bass on your music system is just enough to sound like bass overkill on mine.) I'm still buying BBR's Motown CD releases. In fact, I just read in today's Second Disc that BBR has more Motown releases coming in addition to those that I already listed a couple of weeks ago [[in addition to High Inergy, Lenny Williams, Platinum Hook, etc.), although they haven't announced what artists/titles they will be yet. They just said BBR has more Motown titles on the way. Can't wait to find out!

Yes I understand there is more Motown product on the way from BBR and i hope it sells well. Given that they have already released 2 Originals albums, maybe "Communique" will follow. I'm hoping for "Naturally Together" and "Definitions" on Japanese release but it may be some time [[if at all).

Quote Originally Posted by mysterysinger View Post
    Yes I understand there is more Motown product on the way from BBR and i hope it sells well. Given that they have already released 2 Originals albums, maybe "Communique" will follow. I'm hoping for "Naturally Together" and "Definitions" on Japanese release but it may be some time [[if at all).
    I'll keep my fingers crossed right along with you!