[REMOVE ADS]

Happy Birthday to Freda Payne

Freda turned 72 years old today. I guess her birthday present to the world was her newly released CD. Thanks for the wonderful present!!!!!

Happy Birthday to one of my original "Dreamgirls" Ms. Freda Payne!

Happy Birthday, Freda!

A few weeks ago, I discovered this 2011 YouTube video of Freda singing her latest duet with Cliff Richard titled "Saving A Life". [[Freda was 69 at the time and Cliff was 71. You would never know it to see and hear them perform.) "Saving A Life" is from Cliff's duet-inspired "Soulicious" CD. It's a great performance and it's very Motown-ish. For the benefit of newcomers on the Motown Forum, and anyone else who may have missed it along the way, here's the video link, originally uploaded by squizzy104:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDS94jUuc8E

And below is the link for "Soulicious". Take a look at the duet track list on the back cover of the CD. It's an impressive cast including Brenda Holloway, Dennis Edward's Temptations, Valerie Simpson, and Lamont Dozier, to name just a few.

http://www.amazon.com/Soulicious-Cli...ard+soulicious

Hope you enjoy! - Gary

Happy birthday to the great Freda Payne! And many more!

Detroit's own Miss Freda Payne burned the Catalina Jazz Club in Hollywood to the ground during her birthay celebration last week [[9/19/14 - 9/20/14). Looking and sounding fabulous [[at 72 years young!!!!) Freda performed almost all the tunes on her excellent new jazz CD "Come Back To Me Love" and closed with a rousing medley of "How Sweet It Is To Be Loved By You" and her own "Band of Gold." Freda brought new life to standards like "Midnight Sun" and "You'd Be So Nice To Come Home To." My personal favorite was her scorching version of Buddy Johnson's "Save Your Love For Me."

Among those in attendance over the two nights were Quincy Jones, Thelma Houston, Eloise Laws, Stefanie Powers, Jenifer Lewis, Beverly Todd and Marla Gibbs. Two nights to remember!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy View Post
    Detroit's own Miss Freda Payne burned the Catalina Jazz Club in Hollywood to the ground during her birthay celebration last week [[9/19/14 - 9/20/14). Looking and sounding fabulous [[at 72 years young!!!!) Freda performed almost all the tunes on her excellent new jazz CD "Come Back To Me Love" and closed with a rousing medley of "How Sweet It Is To Be Loved By You" and her own "Band of Gold." Freda brought new life to standards like "Midnight Sun" and "You'd Be So Nice To Come Home To." My personal favorite was her scorching version of Buddy Johnson's "Save Your Love For Me."

Among those in attendance over the two nights were Quincy Jones, Thelma Houston, Eloise Laws, Stefanie Powers, Jenifer Lewis, Beverly Todd and Marla Gibbs. Two nights to remember!
    Hey Guy, welcome to Soulful Detroit. Yes Freda still has it!!!