[REMOVE ADS]

Whitney Houston Live cd/dvd announced

http://theseconddisc.com/2014/09/16/...dvd-announced/

1. Home [[Live on The Merv Griffin Show – 6/23/1983)
    2. You Give Good Love [[Live on The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson - 4/5/1985)
    3. How Will I Know [[Live on The BRIT Awards – 2/9/1987)
    4. One Moment in Time [[Live on The 31st Grammy Awards – 2/22/1989)
    5. Greatest Love of All [[Live at the Arista Records 15th Anniversary Concert, Radio City Music Hall, New York City – 3/7/1990)
    6. I Wanna Dance with Somebody [[Who Loves Me) [[Live at the Arista Records 15th Anniversary Concert, Radio City Music Hall, New York City – 3/7/1990)
    7. The Star Spangled Banner [[Live at Super Bowl XXV, Tampa Stadium, Tampa, FL – 1/27/1991)
    8. All the Man That I Need [[Live on Welcome Home Heroes With Whitney Houston, Naval Air Station, Norfolk, VA – March 31, 1991)
    9. I’m Your Baby Tonight [[Live on Welcome Home Heroes With Whitney Houston, Naval Air Station, Norfolk, VA – March 31, 1991)
    10. A Song for You [[Live on Welcome Home Heroes With Whitney Houston, Naval Air Station, Norfolk, VA – March 31, 1991)
    11. Medley: I Loves You, Porgy/And I’m Telling You I’m Not Going/I Have Nothing [[Live on The American Music Awards – February 7, 1994)
    12. I’m Every Woman [[Live on The Concert for a New South Africa - November 1994)
    13. I Will Always Love You [[Live on The Concert for a New South Africa - November 1994)
    14. My Love is Your Love [[promo video) *
    15. My Love is Your Love [[Live on Late Show with David Letterman – 12/10/1998)
    16. When You Believe [[Duet with Mariah Carey) [[Live at The 71st Academy Awards – 3/21/1999) *
    17. I Believe in You and Me [[Live on The 16th Annual World Music Awards – 9/15/2004)
    18. I Didn’t Know My Own Strength [[Live on The Oprah Winfrey Show - 9/15/2009)

* DVD only

It is nice to have these performances in one package. But I was hoping that there might be something rare included. I've seen all of these.

While its great to have the best highlights, I was hoping for say the entire "Bodyguard" era concert at the Hollywood Bowl. That was a thrilling evening under the stars.
    Doesn't Whitney deserve a straight on live album? She had some off nights. But more often than not, her concerts were entertaining. I am biased though.

I was lucky enough to see Whitney five times in concert. But I have to admit that I didn't enjoy the first two. I actually left the second concert before it was over. Vocally, she was stunning. But often she redid her songs in such a way as to make them almost unrecognizable. Other songs, particularly the ballads, were long and drawn out.

It wasn't until the I'M YOUR BABY TONIGHT tour that I felt Whitney was both a great singer and a great entertainer. I enjoyed that one , as well as the subsequent THE BODYGUARD and MY LOVE IS YOUR LOVE tours.