[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    I wonder if they used the same masters as the box that came out several years ago. They sound excellent.
    No, soulster, Rare Earth's "Back To Earth" and their self-titled "Rare Earth" are two of their later Motown albums which, to my knowledge, had never been on CD before. But they sound great. If you're interested, I say "Go for it!"

I've had a list myself, but it is too vast. I say make everything available for download. I don't have the money or time to wait for shipping of physical CDs... people are crazy on ebay and Amazon for what they ask sometimes. This is Motown's 55th anniversary and I'm surprised more has not been released in honor of that. It seems things have been quiet since the 45th as far as celebrations and re-releases in honor of are concerned.

I suppose, re-pressings, of the Motown Barbara McNair and Billy Eckstine Anthologies. No, I am not a digital person.

Repressings of Complete Motown Singles 1966 also.

Quote Originally Posted by Philles/Motown Gary View Post
    You're welcome, blkfrost. Are you aware that Bobby Darin's previously-unreleased Live Motown album is also available on CD? In fact, I just discovered that it's been re-issued [[since my copy) with an even newer front cover and two additional songs. Here's the Amazon link:

http://www.amazon.com/Live-Desert-In...+desert+inn+cd
    Yes, I bought this one a while back. I found it by accident. Thank you.

Four Tops - Now [[or Macarthur Park as it was reissued) & Nature Planned it

The Entire Undisputed Truth Motown releases [[have face to face on cd... but there's a glitch on don't let her take you love from me grrrrrr)

Forever thankful for the last three Smokey & The Miracles releases..... was great to also finally get the Tempts "Masterpiece" in its full 42 minute glory digitally

I'd been checking week after week or Mary Wells "Sing My Guy" album to hit i-tunes. Not only did it get reissued but it [[along with Bye Bye Baby and Live) was Mastered for I-tunes. Big thanks to Harry for that!

Quote Originally Posted by Cadeho View Post
    I've had a list myself, but it is too vast. I say make everything available for download. I don't have the money or time to wait for shipping of physical CDs... people are crazy on ebay and Amazon for what they ask sometimes. This is Motown's 55th anniversary and I'm surprised more has not been released in honor of that. It seems things have been quiet since the 45th as far as celebrations and re-releases in honor of are concerned.
    Hear, hear, cadeho!

Quote Originally Posted by jboy88 View Post
    I'd been checking week after week or Mary Wells "Sing My Guy" album to hit i-tunes. Not only did it get reissued but it [[along with Bye Bye Baby and Live) was Mastered for I-tunes. Big thanks to Harry for that!
    I recently went through the same situation with Gladys Knight & The Pips' Neither One of Us album, curiously unavailable on iTunes for a long time...until I checked this weekend! It's there, along with many of the albums Motown released on them after their exodus to Buddah. Three cheers!

COMPLETE STEVIE WONDER SINGLES A AND B SIDES 1961-1971

Yeah, may sound nutty, Stevie probably Motown's most represented, highest selling acts, BUT, when was the last time "I'm Wondering" or "You've Met Your Match", or even "Contract on Love" been physically released?

For the most part, when most think of Stevie, what Motown thinks of Stevie, would be the "Music of My Mind" - beyond Stevie Wonder that he himself owns. As for "Motown" Stevie, most classic hits compilations and such may bring out "Fingertips", "Uptight [[Everything's Alright)", "I Was Made To Love Her", "For Once In My Life", "My Cherie Amour", "Signed, Sealed, Delivered, I'm Yours", and sometimes "Shoo-Be-Doo-Be-Doo-Da-Day", "Yester-Me, Yester-You, Yesterday", and "If You Really Love Me", but what about "Hey Harmonica Man", "Nothing's Too Good For My Baby", "With A Child's Heart", "Everytime I See You, I Go Wild", and "Angie Girl"?

C'mon Motown - even then, Stevie's got the power, got mad ferocious energy! You've got the music - why not re-use them?

Wouldn't it be wonderful if Universal Motown had a web site that listed current and upcoming releases so we all had the same information? It seems like a good business procedure to me.

How about the Bobby Darin album [[aka, Sail Away)? It has never been on cd as far as I know, though a couple of tracks have appeared [[in shortened version, I think).

Quote Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
    Wouldn't it be wonderful if Universal Motown had a web site that listed current and upcoming releases so we all had the same information? It seems like a good business procedure to me.
    It sure would, longtimefan. A one-stop Motown CD-release information site sounds like common business sense to me. Universal would sell a lot more Motown CD's and downloads if the public were aware of what's available. It would sure save us a lot of unnecessary and time-consuming hunting and searching for new and upcoming releases.
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 10-24-2014 at 12:37 AM.

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 473
Size:  21.1 KB
    The Pronouns [[Gospel)
    The Best of Motown Gospel
    Edward Earling and other 1961-64 artists whose cuts haven't yet been released
    Gwen Owens' Motown recordings

Quote Originally Posted by Philles/Motown Gary View Post
    It sure would, longtimefan. A one-stop Motown CD-release information site sounds like common business sense to me. Universal would sell a lot more Motown CD's and downloads if the public were aware of what's available. It would sure save us a lot of unnecessary and time-consuming hunting and searching for new and upcoming releases.
    Has Harry ever commented on this need for a regularly updated, comprehensive website featuring current and upcoming releases? Is he still associated with Universal/Motown? Just wondering....

The Originals albums
    Ivy Hunter as well

An expanded release of Stevie's "Where I'm Coming From". It predates his revised contract so doesn't need his permission to be released, and there are a few unreleased mixes knocking around. Plus it's very underrated and Stevie's first "adult" album.

BTW, the new Pono download site is going live soon, and will offer lossless albums like Quboz does in Europe.

https://ponomusic.force.com/

Here's a suggestion; how about posting information about new releases [[whether they're CD or MP3) on the Hip-O Select website. The most recent entry on the site is the now year old "TCMS 1972 Vol. 12 B".

honest man Guest
    Looking at Motown Guys booklet says Fantastic 4 recorded 50 songs 67-71 at Motown,CAN WE HAVE THEM PLEASE............................................ ..

Quote Originally Posted by honest man View Post
    Looking at Motown Guys booklet says Fantastic 4 recorded 50 songs 67-71 at Motown,CAN WE HAVE THEM PLEASE............................................ ..
    Yes, please! I'd like an order of those, too [[CD, preferably)!

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Eddie View Post
    Here's a suggestion; how about posting information about new releases [[whether they're CD or MP3) on the Hip-O Select website. The most recent entry on the site is the now year old "TCMS 1972 Vol. 12 B".
    Excellent idea! It will benefit Motown and Motown fans alike.

SOUNDS NICE "Love At First Sight" [[Rare Earth LP)

RossHolloway Guest
    Any news on Unreleased Motown 1964?

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Eddie View Post
    Eddie,
    Right on! I have been posting for a year or more about the lack of an official website that talks about Motown's current and upcoming releases. I simply cannot understand why they have no advertisement as simple as a website that tells what is new and what is coming soon. Speaking of Harry; I haven't seen any post from him for ages. Is he still with the company or perhaps just uncomfortable about making any statements, which I could certainly understand.