[REMOVE ADS]

Robin Thicke Was Too High To write "Blurred Lines".

http://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/c...-lines-n203856

EDit: looks like someone beat me to it by a few minutes. I can't delete the thread, so...
    Last edited by soulster; 09-15-2014 at 07:52 PM.

That reads like something from "The Onion". I remain in the camp that says he should give writing credit to Marvin Gaye, but he stopped short of admitting that he pinched the music. Robin Thicke is an absolute mess of a man at this point. I hope he gets it together before he falls apart completely.

I am not surprised by any of this.

Not surprised but personally I feel that he is snaking out over his contribution to "Blurred Lines". So now he had nothing to do with it and it was all Pharrell Williams! Let's see how it all pans out.

Yeah, he's basically saying that if there was plagiarism, Pharrell did it, not me. What a real man. He either stiff armed writing credit from a collaborator, 'borrowed heavily' from another artist without attribution, or showed up so high during the production of his best album that he barely contributed to the creative direction.

Get well soon, Robin.

Oh God, you know every blade of grass that grows, every sparrow that dies, every act and thought of the seven billion people here on earth. The hundred billion stars are yours and you made them, and you watch them, and the vastness of space and the countless galaxies, you know. You know my coming in and my going out, my thoughts and dreams and schemes, my countless little sins and lies, my kindnesses and my cruelties, my prayers and my curses.
    Your knowledge is utterly beyond my comprehension, Lord. And yet, despite all of this, you have promised to know me, to be with me, to listen to me and help me and, if I only ask for it in the name of your Son, to forgive me when I offend you.
    I praise you above all else, Mighty God; for the wonderment of your existence and the unfathomable size and complexity of your creation. And above all, my love and obedience are yours; I give them to you now and forever, in gratitude for your greatest gift, the sacrifice of your blessed Son, Jesus Christ.

Amen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    Yeah, he's basically saying that if there was plagiarism, Pharrell did it, not me. What a real man. He either stiff armed writing credit from a collaborator, 'borrowed heavily' from another artist without attribution, or showed up so high during the production of his best album that he barely contributed to the creative direction.

Get well soon, Robin.
    Don't forget, made a pre-emptive strike via a lawsuit against the legendary, late Marvin Gaye's family. He's a real champ!

I guess Alan is real proud of his son. Ummm...yeah. He's a good dad to support his son, but Robin should just stop talking and go to rehab and get some serious counseling. He's his own worst enemy. And, as good as it was, he probably shouldn't have done his last album "Paula" in the way that he did.

Robin Thicke is a fine R&B artist with lots of talent who is successful, but he's pissing it all away with all this public personal revelation and the embarrassment of begging his wife to come back to him. His main audience, women, really dislike him right now, probably just as much as Cee Lo Green. Now, he's throwing co-writers Pharrell Williams and Clifford Harris Jr. under the bus. No one will want to work with him if they ever think that he will do that to them too.

What's interesting about this is that Thicke may have allegedly copped Marvin Gaye's song, but they are somewhat similar in their self-destructive behavior. The difference? Marvin had much more talent to carry him through, and there was no TMZ when he was alive. All Thicke did was lie and cheat. We could compile a nice, long list of bad things Gaye did to his women.
    Last edited by soulster; 09-16-2014 at 05:07 PM.