[REMOVE ADS]

smark21 Guest

Martha Reeves performing in Edinburgh

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    This is amazing smarks21 the First Lady Of Motown Recortds looks and sound like a million bucks. If you close your eyes she sound just like the record. This has me smiling real wide today. Thank you again.

Yours, with every good wish.

Roberta

I'm...speechless...

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
    I'm...speechless...
    Yes.............our lovely Martha is amazing and sound real great here. Its real obvious that the UK just love love love love love her and this fan couldnt be happier.

Fondly,

Roberta

the band is too loud but its good to see Martha perform. I wish she would tour the southern USA!

Not too bad for Martha; we all need to be cautious of the side profile as we get older

Martha gave 2 hour tonight in Porthcawl, South Wales

Just got home from watching Martha give one of the best performances I have seen her do, her voice was strong, and not too much vibrato, the band were tight, and Martha had the crowd in the palm of her hand, singing and dancing along, which she was loving! There was 2 halves to the show, first contained all the hits , the second was opened with quick sand, then tribute to Marvin Gaye - What's going on, the Beatles - Something, Michael Jackson - I want you back , tracks from Home to you, watch your back & God bless the child, then No one there, and a reprise of dancing in the street [[ mixed up with I can't help myself, signed sealed delivered, knock on wood, and then she took the time to meet and greet, what a fantastic lady who really appreciates her fans.

Quote Originally Posted by dickiemint View Post
    Just got home from watching Martha give one of the best performances I have seen her do, her voice was strong, and not too much vibrato, the band were tight, and Martha had the crowd in the palm of her hand, singing and dancing along, which she was loving! There was 2 halves to the show, first contained all the hits , the second was opened with quick sand, then tribute to Marvin Gaye - What's going on, the Beatles - Something, Michael Jackson - I want you back , tracks from Home to you, watch your back & God bless the child, then No one there, and a reprise of dancing in the street [[ mixed up with I can't help myself, signed sealed delivered, knock on wood, and then she took the time to meet and greet, what a fantastic lady who really appreciates her fans.
    thank you thank you thank you dickiesmint. This review just warm my heart. Dr Reeves. I love Marthas version of god bless the child. Did she sing honey chile? What was she wearing? Shes just the best performer out there today.

thank you for sharing your memories with us.

Yours, with every good wish.

Roberta

Martha wore a long red dress with matching red sleeves with tassels from the arms, in the second half she wore a shorter red dress with a black top.
    She didn't sing Honey Chile, or forget me not or Bless you which I was hoping for .
    She was very generous with her time after the show signing autographs and posing for photos while enjoying a pint of Guinness Irish stout!

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Not too bad for Martha; we all need to be cautious of the side profile as we get older
    You're right, Rob. Apparently Miss Ross is aware of this concept as well.

I am pleasantly surprised! She sounds wonderful here! I don't know what she's done lately [[probably lowered the keys to her songs), but she's been sounding much better. However, I will say that she should probably wear clothes more appropriate to her age and body type. She looks like the mother of a Solid Gold dancer here LOL.

But in all seriousness, good for you, Martha!

Quote Originally Posted by dickiemint View Post
    Martha wore a long red dress with matching red sleeves with tassels from the arms, in the second half she wore a shorter red dress with a black top.
    She didn't sing Honey Chile, or forget me not or Bless you which I was hoping for .
    She was very generous with her time after the show signing autographs and posing for photos while enjoying a pint of Guinness Irish stout!
    Dr Martha Reeves is always real generous with her fans and always take the time to sign albums and autograph photos. her dresses sound lovely and God bless her for having a beer after her show nobody work harder or better on stage that Miss Martha. thank you for the additional dettails.

Fondly,

Roberta

Quote Originally Posted by LuvHangOva View Post
    You're right, Rob. Apparently Miss Ross is aware of this concept as well.
    Believe me I saw Diana Ross this last week at Caesars and she looked good on all sides... LOL Jokes aside she definitely lost some weight and looks magnificent.

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    Believe me I saw Diana Ross this last week at Caesars and she looked good on all sides... LOL Jokes aside she definitely lost some weight and looks magnificent.
    And believe M-E, my comment was not intended to be an LOL joke at Miss Ross' expense. It was the polar opposite of that
    Last edited by LuvHangOva; 09-26-2014 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LuvHangOva View Post
    And believe M-E, my comment was not intended to be an LOL joke at Miss Ross' expense. It was the polar opposite of that
    And I was just stating a fact. Diana Ross looks really good right now from all sides.

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    And I was just stating a fact. Diana Ross looks really good right now from all sides.
    I'm sure she does. This thread was about Miss Reeves. Miss Ross has been one of my heroes since 1964.

Martha still doin it,god bless her.

I love Martha Reeves! I was looking at an old yearbook recently [[not mine) a 1968 Bowling Green State University yearbook. They had 2 full color pages of Martha & the Vandellas in concert in it at the school. 46 years later and she is still onstage and able to draw crowds! Amazing woman.

I love how she was like "I don't care if Mick Jagger and David Bowie made a million and half dollars of money, it's STILL MY SONG!" Lol