[REMOVE ADS]

Farewell / Captured Live On Stage

I have owned The Supremes' final concert on CD as an official release for many years. I recently have learned that this same concert is now available on download from iTunes.
    My question is: Is this digital download of higher quality than the CD that I have owned for so many years?

On iTunes, it is not listed as "remastered for iTunes. "

Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by longtimefan; 09-15-2014 at 02:00 AM.

I suspect its the same mastering from the CD issue. The guys at Universal have been vocal about these downloads when its a fresh remastering from Kevin Reeves. I would love for him to tackle this set since he did such a thrilling job on the alternate My Man from these shows thats on Funny Girl deluxe. I play the Farewell CD often but the clarity of the mix could likely be upgraded as it was when At The Copa was reissued.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenpwood View Post
    I suspect its the same mastering from the CD issue. The guys at Universal have been vocal about these downloads when its a fresh remastering from Kevin Reeves. I would love for him to tackle this set since he did such a thrilling job on the alternate My Man from these shows thats on Funny Girl deluxe. I play the Farewell CD often but the clarity of the mix could likely be upgraded as it was when At The Copa was reissued.
    I know that you can't get enough of that "Let The Sun Shine In"! [[grin)

Harry??? George? Andy?

So what us up with these iTunes releases that do not say " Remastered for iTunes?"

As CUSTOMERS,what are we buying? ITunes offers no response.

Thanks.
    Last edited by longtimefan; 09-15-2014 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by midnight johnny View Post
    I know that you can't get enough of that "Let The Sun Shine In"! [[grin)
    I keep playing it in hopes Diana finally finds Tina "Where is she? Oh my God where is she?" Turner at the end but alas she never does......

It's a weird tangent to go off on, unless it was scripted into her stage patter while the song was in their act or she personally invited her to the show. The champagne was flowing freely that night though...
    Last edited by Glenpwood; 09-15-2014 at 01:09 PM.

But Tina is tough, terrible. Diana would not give her the microphone anyway!

Rather than a remastered version of the CD, I would love the actual concert on DVD. I know that it must exist in Berry's vaults.

I downloaded "Farewell/Captured Live on Stage!" a few months ago from iTunes. I can tell you that, while I'm not sure if it was officially remastered for iTunes, it certainly sounds fantastic. Mary and Cindy's mics seem to be more prominent in the mix to me. Take this with a grain of salt, however; the only other version I've owned was the vinyl re-release from the 80s. Not sure if the CD's mastering is comparable.

The versions currently on iTunes are the same as your CD versions. They are just uploads. However, mastered for iTunes versions are coming soon!

Thanks, Andy! You are a wonderful resource for fans!

Universal/Motown is blessed to have you!

I think someone just mentioned to Diana while in the audience that Tina Turner was there and so Diana's job was to get everyone to sing. I never thought anymore about it than that.

Also, I do not think you will ever see this Farewell performance on DVD, video or Blu ray. If you ask Mr. Gordy about it he will most likely bite his lip which means................................NOPE.