[REMOVE ADS]

What's up with the NFL?

No wonder i'm not a football fan. We have an organization who coddles convicted thugs who beat pregnant women and are allowed to play anyway. You have child beaters on teams. And, you have commissioners who do all they can to bury the problems. Lets not forget all the racist football and basketball owners. All in the name of money. And, you have the fans who defend and celebrate these thugs.

Let's see what Keith Olbermann has to say about Goodsell:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11...ed-keeping-job
    Last edited by soulster; 09-12-2014 at 09:07 PM.

What's up is cover up.

thomas96 Guest
    Oh please... Educate yourself before you speak your opinions on the league.

The league is having its share of problems, but I'd bet they have much lower instances of criminal behavior than 95% of American businesses. To profile it as a collection of thugs is no better than determining one Black man is a crook because you saw a few of them get arrested on 'Cops' or bought into the fear mongering on Faux News.

We, the consumers, support these felons. Why? People will bash rappers for their violence against women, drug dealing, and racism, but then turn around and support and protect these sports people for the same damn thing. Oh, but if it's sports, it's: "They're not all bad.", or, "We shouldn't paint them all with the same brush.".
    Last edited by soulster; 09-12-2014 at 09:21 PM.

Soulster i agree,what we have is athletes who have been coddled since childhood because they can shot-hit-throw a ball and make billions for the greedy men who employ them,now about sports it self if you've ever played just for the pure[fun]and beauty of being able to run around the bases-catch a pass-shot a ball through a basket then you can't be mad at the sports but at what greed,arrogance has done to them,just as when we discuss our singers here at sdf.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    We, the consumers, support these felons. Why? People will bash rappers for their violence against women, drug dealing, and racism, but then turn around and support and protect these sports people for the same damn thing. Oh, but if it's sports, it's: "They're not all bad.", or, "We shouldn't paint them all with the same brush.".
    I don't know who you're speaking about, but I don't accuse everybody of a societal subset or occupation of anything based on the actions of a small percentage of that population.. You're somebody that I know is concerned about being fairly treated as an individual, so I'm shocked that you lump people together based upon the worst examples. I don't and you normally don't either.

Read what I wrote and if you disagree, perhaps you should start another thread about police officers, teachers, bus drivers, actors, lawyers, doctors, and whatever it is that you do for a living. We support them as well, right?

I don't bash rappers, but reserve the right to complain about those who are criminally minded or endorse crime, drug use, or misogyny. However, I'll be the first to laud those who are productive members of society and examples that I wish the youth would follow.
    Last edited by Jerry Oz; 09-12-2014 at 10:27 PM.

[QUOTE=Jerry Oz;250085]
    I don't know who you're speaking about, but I don't accuse everybody of a societal subset or occupation of anything based on the actions of a small percentage of that population.. You're somebody that I know is concerned about being fairly treated as an individual, so I'm shocked that you lump people together based upon the worst examples. I don't and you normally don't either.
    Hold on, now! I'm not talking about you, personally, or myself. But, if you re-read my post, you'll see that I am speaking about the hypocrisy of those who bash something like rap, but will defend rappers who do the same things.

Read what I wrote and if you disagree, perhaps you should start another thread about police officers, teachers, bus drivers, actors, lawyers, doctors, and whatever it is that you do for a living. We support them as well, right?
    Woah! Mention sports and you get upset. I guess when you talk about sports, you hit nerves. My thread is meant to inspire discussion about this institutional corruption about the NFL we keep learning about lately. Like with law enforcement, we do see a steady pattern of the same behavior. You are certainly welcome to start another thread about other things.

I don't bash rappers, but reserve the right to complain about those who are criminally minded or endorse crime, drug use, or misogyny. However, I'll be the first to laud those who are productive members of society and examples that I wish the youth would follow.
    I don't understand why you are taking this personally because it's not directed towards you.

[QUOTE=soulster;250092]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    Hold on, now! I'm not talking about you, personally, or myself. But, if you re-read my post, you'll see that I am speaking about the hypocrisy of those who bash something like rap, but will defend rappers who do the same things.

Woah! Mention sports and you get upset. I guess when you talk about sports, you hit nerves. My thread is meant to inspire discussion about this institutional corruption about the NFL we keep learning about lately. Like with law enforcement, we do see a steady pattern of the same behavior. You are certainly welcome to start another thread about other things.

I don't understand why you are taking this personally because it's not directed towards you.
    Two points;
    1: I thought that you were responding to my post.
    2: Don't make the mistake of thinking that I'm upset over anything associated with this topic. Sports are not that important and the NFL in specific is a joke. People who make millions to play children's games should pinch themselves everyday for that privilege, yet too many players find opportunity to ruin their lives thru drugs, alcohol, crime, or simply unhealthy activity. I don't think that they should all be disparaged for the actions of a few, but I also don't have much sympathy for them.

I tend to be direct when I write, but I'll make sure you know if something sets me off. That didn't happen here.