[REMOVE ADS]

Stevie Hits the Road with "Key"

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...-road-20140910

By Kory Grow | September 10, 2014

Stevie Wonder will take his celebrated 1976 record Songs in the Key of Life on an 11-date arena tour this fall. It will take him across the country with dates running from New York City to Oakland, California between November 6th and December 5th. Tickets for most shows go on sale September 22nd.

This past December, the singer-songwriter played all of the record's 21 songs for the first time ever at his annual House Full of Toys benefit concert in Los Angeles. The singer had announced the event with a performance of the diamond-selling album's "Sir Duke" at a press conference last October.

But even though he played all of the album's songs, he did not play them in the exact order. At various points, often when records would flip sides, Wonder inserted songs from A Something's Extra, the four-song 7-inch EP that accompanied special editions of the original LP that appears at the end of most CDs.

Before the performance, Wonder told Rolling Stone that he intended to mix up the album. "The only difference to the actual layout of Songs in the Key of Life is, as opposed to ending with the songs 'All Day Sucker' and 'My Mama's Call,' I'm going to end it with 'Another Star,' because I feel that song is the right one to do," he said. "Now, we're going to put the other two songs that were on the EP in the presentation as well, so they'll be probably the first two extra songs after the first part of Songs in the Key of Life, which are 'Saturn' and 'Ebony Eyes.'"

Stevie Wonder Songs in the Key of Life Performance Tour Dates:

November 6 - New York, NY @ Madison Square Garden
    November 9 - Washington, DC @ Verizon Center
    November 11 - Boston, MA @ TD Garden
    November 14 - Chicago, IL @ United Center
    November 16 - Philadelphia, PA @ Wells Fargo Center
    November 20 - Auburn Hills, MI @ The Palace of Auburn Hills
    November 22 - Atlanta, GA @ Philips Arena
    November 25 - Toronto, ON @ Air Canada Centre
    November 29 - Las Vegas, NV @ MGM Grand Garden Arena
    December 3 - Seattle, WA @ Key Arena
    December 5 - Oakland, CA @ Oracle Arena

thomas96 Guest
    Finally!!!!

I'm all ready for NYC.. even though Ticketmaster does not have it listed.. but no date in Detroit?....really??

I just heard about it earlier. I'm not sure if I should drive to Atlanta, even though it's only three-and-a-hours away from me. What do y'all think?

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimi LaLumia View Post
    I'm all ready for NYC.. even though Ticketmaster does not have it listed.. but no date in Detroit?....really??
    Auburn Hills is the Detroit area date.

thomas96 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dinelle_watson View Post
    I just heard about it earlier. I'm not sure if I should drive to Atlanta, even though it's only three-and-a-hours away from me. What do y'all think?
    I would if I hadn't seen him live before, but it would be a long drive that late at night after the show. If you know someone to stay with or would stay in a hotel then I would say definitely. Stevie tours are like solar eclipses!

I thought that Stevie wasn't going to perform in any "Stand your ground" states.

why should fans be punished?

Quote Originally Posted by skooldem1 View Post
    I thought that Stevie wasn't going to perform in any "Stand your ground" states.
    Jayz and Justin Timberlakes also said theyd never perform in Florida but they play there two month after Trayvon Martin was killed.

Roberta

Does anyone know the pre-sale code for the Oakland Oracle Arena date? If so, please post?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by skooldem1 View Post
    You know how long celebrities stay on their supposed stance. Stevie ALMOST performed for the IDF until he was "told" what was going on...

Anyway, should be a great show for those who attend. Just hope his voice is still intact...