[REMOVE ADS]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

FAITH, HOPE & CHARITY In Action

For the benefit of the Motown fans who have never had the pleasure of seeing Van McCoy’s back-up vocal group – Faith, Hope & Charity – in action, here they are, from left to right: Brenda Hilliard, Albert Bailey, and Diane Destry [[deceased). In addition to their own Van McCoy-produced albums [[of which there were 5), they sang back-up vocals on nearly all of Van’s 1970's productions, including David Ruffin’s three Motown albums [["Who I Am", "Everything’s Coming Up Love", and "In My Stride"), as well as back-up vocals on Thelma Houston’s Van McCoy-produced "Don’t Pity Me" and "Find A Way" tracks, available on the Thelma Houston & Jerry Butler Motown/SoulMusic 2-fer CD, "Thelma & Jerry" and "Two To One".

This performance is for their current RCA single at the time, "Don’t Go Looking For Love", from their 1975 self-titled album, "Faith, Hope & Charity", which was recently released on CD by Real Gone Music this summer. [[The video is from a SoulTrain performance which was submitted on YouTube by a DJ Cole100. I hope this is legal since I gave credit to the source.) Here’s the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFDGZJWZ-Fo

ENJOY! - Gary

Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 09-08-2014 at 12:42 AM.