[REMOVE ADS]

Forthcoming appearances by the Velvelettes

For those in the Michigan area, the Velvelettes will be performing at the Riveria Theater for a fall festival sponsored by the Carnegie Center for the Arts, in Three Rivers, MI, on September 27, 2014

And for those of you living in SPAIN, the Velvelettes are to perform at the “MoJo Workin’ R&B and Soul Festival” on March 21, 2015, at the Sala Gazteszena in San Sebastian, Spain.

I hope some of you will be able to attend and give them some support.

Hey some of us might just travel to Spain......

And so it wasn't a lie after all:

"I was not insane--
    Mama was actually out on a weekend trip to Spain . . .
    to see The Velvelettes!"

What was insane is that she didn't take me with her!

What a blast these great shows are sure to be! Wish I could be there. For both!

I'm toying with that idea too. It's Northern Spain and I could hire a car and drive from Southern France but I can't be doing with driving on the right hand side of the road....it's all so very wrong to a Brit like me! LOLOL

Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah2 View Post
    And so it wasn't a lie after all:

"I was not insane--
    Mama was actually out on a weekend trip to Spain . . .
    to see The Velvelettes!"

What was insane is that she didn't take me with her!

What a blast these great shows are sure to be! Wish I could be there. For both!
    So do I and I AM trying to work out how I can attend the Spanish performance. The ladies have never performed in Spain before so it's a first for them and they are real excited about it.

If we have any Spanish posters who can put together some Spanish lyrics for Needle In A Haystack and a few others, maybe we can get Cal to sing them! Now that would REALLY BE SAYING SOMETHING. LOL!

RossHolloway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    For those in the Michigan area, the Velvelettes will be performing at the Riveria Theater for a fall festival sponsored by the Carnegie Center for the Arts, in Three Rivers, MI, on September 27, 2014

And for those of you living in SPAIN, the Velvelettes are to perform at the “MoJo Workin’ R&B and Soul Festival” on March 21, 2015, at the Sala Gazteszena in San Sebastian, Spain.

I hope some of you will be able to attend and give them some support.
    NNNNOOOOO! i have to travel to Kalamazoo on October 2nd and will not be there in time to see them!!

Quote Originally Posted by RossHolloway View Post
    NNNNOOOOO! i have to travel to Kalamazoo on October 2nd and will not be there in time to see them!!
    What a shame. I was hoping someone from SDF would be able to go to give me a run down of the songs they sing. If I went I'd ask them to sing Volare, which they used to sing at the 20 Grand......lolol

A write-up about the upcoming Michigan show on Sept. 27:

http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/k...es_to_per.html

Attachment 8498
    Last edited by Methuselah2; 09-22-2014 at 11:39 PM.

Man, The Velvelettes still look GREAT!!!

Thank you methuslah2 for that link.

The Velvelettes are still in great voice. I'd love to see them at Michigan.

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    If we have any Spanish posters who can put together some Spanish lyrics for Needle In A Haystack and a few others, maybe we can get Cal to sing them! Now that would REALLY BE SAYING SOMETHING. LOL!
    If this is the San Sebastian in Northern Spain surely it would impress the crowds even more if they also sang a verse or two in Basque [[reputedly one of the most difficult languages in the world to learn) ....

I wonder whether we have any Basque speakers here?

Roger

Hello everybody! I am one of the promoters of the San Sebastian concert...yes! Its in the basque country and we will also have Mable John, Dee Dee Sharp and Maxine Brown...

We are also basque speakers, so if they want to sing something in basque it will make us very happy!

You will have a lot of fun and hospitality in our weekend festival if you want to come here!

There you will have soon the complete information:
    www.guregauza.com

Thank you!!!

Brilliant input, Punko.
    I know little of how to try and make this happen, but I think the girls would be a good fit on the Later... with Jools Holland show here in the UK, with the weekly line-up always being eclectic.
    They've had Jimmy Ruffin on in the last 3 or 4 years, and the Velvelettes have a lot going for them as an 'angle' for the show, as they've [[obviously) got the Motown connection [[which people in the UK have heard of if not some of the individual acts); they're currently performing; and they've got everybody intact from 50 years ago.
    Just my thoughts...

...and thinking about it, Jools would love playing the piano intro to He Was Really Saying Something!

Soulwally...if you know how I might get them on the show....I'm all ears.

Could this be a start?
    http://theglamourcave.blogspot.co.uk...ith-jools.html
    However, it's from a couple of years ago, and I'm not sure they're still the producers. It's actually made by the BBC, not an independent production company, and is recorded at Maidstone Studios, formerly owned by TVS.
    I knew you'd agree with me.

I've tried...but I can't even get near to those people.