[REMOVE ADS]

Gladys knight's new cd

Her new CD comes out Tuesday, September 9th.

The Empress of Soul is releasing a song she originally wrote when she was still with the Pips. Like many of her favorite songs from her time with the group, it was never released to the public.

‘”I have a song on this new album that my brother Bubba, Sam Dees, and I wrote together,” Knight, 70, said. “We wrote a song the three of us called ‘Life’ and that song is on my new album. My spirit just told me to go back and get that song because it’s so right for right now. That’s one of my favorites that you guys didn’t get to hear [from when I was with the Pips].”

Listen to an exclusive stream of the song “Life” from her new album:

http://parade.condenast.com/334970/a...-gospel-album/

I think Gladys is in good voice but the arrangement is overly syntheiszed and even the backing vocals have a weird, dismembered quality to them...they just don't seem to meld well with Gladys' lead or something. Not a bad song, but I think a simpler arrangement with maybe a guitar accompaniment would have suited the gospel nature of the song better than what was used.

This version doesn't sound all that different from the original, which was released on the group's 1985 LIFE album. It wasn't one of my favorites then, but this version might be a bit better.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    This version doesn't sound all that different from the original, which was released on the group's 1985 LIFE album. It wasn't one of my favorites then, but this version might be a bit better.
    I wondered if it was the same song. Funny, I liked the earlier version a lot as I recall. Of course, it had the Pips on background not this "Andantes" sounding chorus.

Very disappointing, Gladys is as strong as ever with her vocal, spot on, but she deserves better than the out of date synthesiser sound! order cancelled, will wait to hear all album and perhaps just but a few tracks from iTunes.