[REMOVE ADS]

Lulu Guest

A Lovely Message From Diana

How can you not love this lady? What a class act!

Name:  Screen Shot 2014-09-03 at 11.22.03 AM.jpg
Views: 819
Size:  19.6 KB

Sounds like it was a great time and they family is a great family.

I still wonder why she chose to wear a gold tent. But maybe it has meaning to her.

Maybe because it was raining, and she didn't want to get what I'm sure was an expensive dress wet? Here is a picture that clearly shows that she was wearing a long dress under the coat.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/...11_634x616.jpg

Best wishes to Diana and the newlyweds! [[BTW, Diana, if you're reading this, I caught your show in Canandaigua, NY, on Wednesday, June 18, 2014. You were fantabulous! THREE standing ovations!) - Gary

You are absolutely right Skooldem. It is a light coat she was wearing because of the rain.

Anyways, I was being cheeky.

It sounds like a wonderful event.

Now I only wonder how it was that she officiated the ceremony; perhaps they had a minister there that did the official but Diana ran the ceremony.

And I wonder if some newspaper was running a drone nearby to get these pictures??

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Now I only wonder how it was that she officiated the ceremony; perhaps they had a minister there that did the official but Diana ran the ceremony.
    It's actually pretty simple to become a legal officiate these days. You can do it online, but the requirements differ by state.

That's interesting because in Canada you either have to be a Marriage Commissioner or a Pastor, Reverend, Priest etc.

Exclusive: Ashlee Simpson's Mother-In-Law Diana Ross Gushes Over Son Evan's "Perfect" Wedding

Celebrity News Sep. 3, 2014 AT 12:10PM By Sierra Marquina

Ashlee Simpson, Evan Ross, and Diana Ross
    Ashlee Simpson's new mother-in-law, singer Diana Ross, tells Us Weekly exclusively that son Evan's wedding to the star was "perfect"

Credit: Johns PKI / Splash News

Sweet, sweet love hangover! Ashlee Simpson's new mother-in-law, music superstar Diana Ross, couldn't be happier about her son Evan's marriage to the "Boyfriend" singer. Ross, who officiated the wedding, tells Us Weekly exclusively that the couple's big day was flawless.

"The wedding went perfectly," the iconic singer gushes of the 200-guest event. "We had a beautiful rainbow surrounding us, loving family and friends, great music, and great speeches from loving and caring friends, and joyful children dancing the night away."

PHOTOS: More celeb weddings from this year

The Motown legend continues: "I thank everyone who supported us on the spectacular day and our neighbors who were kind enough to let us have fun. We had great friends that traveled from Norway, London, Switzerland, and from all over the world. Wishing Evan and Ashlee congratulations," she tells Us, "I want only love, happiness, and joy for my son and his bride." [[Evan's dad is the late Arne Naess Jr.)

PHOTOS: Jessica and Ashlee through the years

The mother-of-the-groom, who wore black, not only officiated the non-denominational service but also performed her classic 1981 ballad "Endless Love" at the couple's reception. Simpson, who was previously married to Pete Wentz, was walked down the aisle by her dad Joe Simpson and 5-year-old son Bronx.

Ashlee's famous sister Jessica Simpson, who served as matron of honor, walked down the aisle with kids Maxwell, 2, and Ace, 14 months, while a choir performed throughout the ceremony.

PHOTOS: Ashlee through the years

Planned by Brett Galley of Hollywood pop and Mindy Weiss, the wedding included personal touches from the singer and her Hunger Games actor husband, including dream catchers, eclectic finishes, and a mix-and-match palette of colors. Following the vows, guests dined on Southern food and, after the reception, danced until 2 a.m. to songs played by DJ Ruckus.

This is the first marriage for Ross. Ashlee and Fall Out Boy rocker Wentz filed for divorce back in February 2011.

Read more: http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-...#ixzz3CIKTFduX
    Follow us: @usweekly on Twitter | usweekly on Facebook

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulu View Post
    How can you not love this lady? What a class act!

Name:  Screen Shot 2014-09-03 at 11.22.03 AM.jpg
Views: 819
Size:  19.6 KB
    Yes, Diana Ross is that rare mother who isn't indifferent to her children, nor blasé when their youngest gets married for the first time. May she be an inspiration for other mothers to be better. Thank you for sharing these unique sentiments from a mother.

However it seems the Evan/Ashlee marriage isn't very popular based on comments around the net. Does anyone think this could damage Diana's reputation as a great mother? Or will it remain intact? After Evan is 26, an adult, and free to make his own mistakes, if indeed this marriage turns out to be a mistake and the choices of adult children should not be held against the parents. Then again, maybe Evan is a bad seed and not even the greatest mother in the world can stop a bad seed from being a bad seed. I understand when he was in 3rd grade Evan was very angry and jealous that his classmate Rhoda Penmark won the class penmanship medal over him. He and Rhoda clashed repeatedly after the ceremony, but their conflict came to a draw.

smark21 Guest
    Diana Ross said on her INside the Actors Studio interview in 2007 that if she hadn't become a singer she might have become a minister. Maybe she decided to follow the call and has been quietly studying and preparing for ordination? Perhaps from here on out she should be referred to as Reverend Miss Ross?

Quote Originally Posted by skooldem1 View Post
    Maybe because it was raining, and she didn't want to get what I'm sure was an expensive dress wet? Here is a picture that clearly shows that she was wearing a long dress under the coat.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/...11_634x616.jpg
    You are right, in some of the wedding photos posted else where, it was actually raining, so that must have been some sort of rain/ shower proof overcoat that Diana was wearing in other not to get her underneath outfit wet.

Wish we had a proper photo of the underneath outfit though.

The mother-of-the-groom, who wore black, not only officiated the non-denominational service but also performed her classic 1981 ballad "Endless Love" at the couple's reception.

Further proof you can't always believe what you read. Diana's dress looked like pink sequins to me.

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    However it seems the Evan/Ashlee marriage isn't very popular based on comments around the net.
    It doesn't really matter of the marriage is popular around the net. The only thing that matters is what is between Evan and Ashlee. Obviously, Diana is thrilled with her son's marriage or she wouldn't have participated in such a loving way. Like all mothers, she wants what is best for her child and understands that her children are now capable of making their own decisions. There really is no arguing on what a good mother she has been - the proof is in her children. They all seem pretty close and protective of each other and that is something that is instigated by a parent.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    The mother-of-the-groom, who wore black, not only officiated the non-denominational service but also performed her classic 1981 ballad "Endless Love" at the couple's reception.

Further proof you can't always believe what you read. Diana's dress looked like pink sequins to me.
    Very true, although I wouldn't be surprised if Diana had a costume change.

Quote Originally Posted by thommg View Post
    It doesn't really matter of the marriage is popular around the net. The only thing that matters is what is between Evan and Ashlee. Obviously, Diana is thrilled with her son's marriage or she wouldn't have participated in such a loving way. Like all mothers, she wants what is best for her child and understands that her children are now capable of making their own decisions. There really is no arguing on what a good mother she has been - the proof is in her children. They all seem pretty close and protective of each other and that is something that is instigated by a parent.
    I couldn't agree more, it's about how Evan and Ashley feel about each other and not what people think about them getting married, after all the people that doesn't approve of their relationship doesn't know Evan or Ashley personally, so what people think does not count at all.

It's up to the newly wed couple to decide whether they've made the right decision getting married and if their love for each other is strong enough, then the marriage might just work out, who knows? What is most important is that Diana approves of the wedding because she knows that her baby is now old enough to make his own decision and I guess she must have seen some good in Ashley despite the fact that this is her second marriage and she's had a kid from her previous marriage.

Diana herself has been in similar situation with her first marriage, whilst been pregnant with Gordy's baby but with Robert Ellis ending up raising her daughter Rhonda.
    Last edited by David J; 09-04-2014 at 12:51 PM.