[REMOVE ADS]

Evan Ross and Ashlee Simpson's Wedding photos.

]

Diana wore a gold tent! It looks like it might have fit Aretha Franklin; perhaps borrowed?

sadly, due to illness, Aretha does not weigh all that much these days.. and Miss Ross looks great in a gold tent!..http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/...58_634x433.jpg
    Last edited by Jimi LaLumia; 09-02-2014 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Diana wore a gold tent! It looks like it might have fit Aretha Franklin; perhaps borrowed?
    Maybe because in case the rain started up again, they could all move inside! Okay, now stop it Jobeterob!!!

Ross needs a groundskeeper!

I wonder how much she lives there; or if anyone else lives there.

Ashlee Simpson: Why Sell Wedding Photos? She’s Married an Heir to a Fortune

by Roger Friedman

Let’s gossip a little this morning. The New York Daily News is very upset that Ashlee Simpson, sister of Jessica, couldn’t sell her wedding photos to Evan Ross. Pish, posh. In this case, no one has to sell anything. Ashlee, you see, has hit the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.
    Evan Ross is commonly described as the son of Supremes singer Diana Ross. But listen, Evan’s dad was Arne Naess, Jr. Arne died in 2004 in a rock climbing accident. But he was already worth at least $100 million. He was the heir to a huge Norwegian shipping fortune. When he divorced Diana in 1999, after 14 years of marriage and two sons, he settled $25 million to her plus support.
    It’s not like Diana’s any slouch either. She made good money as a Supreme and continues to tour as a top tier star performer. But Diana didn’t write her own songs, so she doesn’t get publishing royalties. And most of her big hits came before 1972, so she’s currently getting screwed by Spotify, Pandora, and all the digital downloading services.
    In other words: Diana’s marriage to Arne Naess Jr. in the mid 1980s was a huge windfall for her. She already had three daughters. But in her mid 40s, Diana gave the billionaire heir two sons. [[The other is Ross Naess. Evan took Diana’s name as a performer.) The sons don’t have to work a day in their lives. Trust me. If Ashlee Simpson can make this marriage, her second before age 30, work, she’s in good shape.
    A pre-nup? I’d say that Diana Ross won’t have Evan singing “You Keep Me Hanging On” if the marriage doesn’t work out.
    And Arne Naess? He had seven children in all, including European pop singer Leona Naess. Arne Naess Jr. died in 2004, a year after his father, Erling Naess. Erling’s brother, Arne [[referred to as Arne Sr.) lived until 2009 and was a famous Norwegian philosopher and environmentalist. But it was Erling, Arne’s father, who built the shipping fortune under the company Anglo-Norness. The company was sold in 1973 for $208 million, or roughly $1 billion in today’s currency.
    And Diana? She lives in the toniest neighborhood in ritzy Greenwich. Connecticut. Her 12,500 square foot estate is on five acres, with four acres of adjacent waterfront property. She tried to sell the place in 2007 for $39 million but couldn’t. Since the recession, the property is valued at $14.5 million. Diana had her tax billion lowered in 2010.
    Presumably, the mansion is filled with gold. Records, that is.
    As for Ashlee, long since passed are the “SNL” lip synching scandal and the nose job. She and sister Jessica have really turned lemons [[or tuna, as in Chicken of the Sea) into lemonade.

Thank for postin this David,good info,this was on point,i'v met Evan many time,he seems really nice.

What I wanna know is why she can't maintain her lawn. What a wreck!

They had a trampoline and playground equipment for Raif there and that kills lawn a lot of the time.

All I can say is Ashlee Simpson lucked up!

Attachment 8439

Wedding picture

I understand that the UK magazine Hello! has a feature of the wedding pictures.

http://www.hellomagazine.com/magazine/1345/

Attachment 8440

Family picture from wedding

Attachment 8441

Diana & Evan

Attachment 8440

thats a real pretty photo of Diane and her family.

Roberta

It's nice to see a normal, happy, family picture once in a while.

Diana and family look very happy. I love Diana's dress; very supreme. I hope Evan and Ashlee have a very healthy and prosperous marriage.

One thing I didn't quite catch, from the article above, is this:

And most of her big hits came before 1972, so she’s currently getting screwed by Spotify, Pandora, and all the digital downloading services.

First off, is there a statute of limitations that an artist can recieve royalties? How many years is it? And while it's safe to say that Diana's big hits WITH THE SUPREMES came before 1972, certainly "Upside Down" and "Endless Love" [[well after 1972) have to be among her biggest hits, if not her biggest.

I was also wondering about royalties. Kinda stinks if they don't get them forever since they were the ones out on the road performing these hits. I thought I read somewhere that Mary and Diane get about $100k per year for their Supremes heyday . Seems like a pittance for all that work and how many records they sold. Do artists receive royalties from downloads? Just curious...... Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    I was also wondering about royalties. Kinda stinks if they don't get them forever since they were the ones out on the road performing these hits. I thought I read somewhere that Mary and Diane get about $100k per year for their Supremes heyday . Seems like a pittance for all that work and how many records they sold. Do artists receive royalties from downloads? Just curious...... Thanks
    Taraborelli said $85000 a year back in the 80's; that fell to next to nothing as CD sales tanked.

I think many old time artists got skunked on downloads; the newer contract provided for it for sure; but I don't know that Mary Wilson ever had an opportunity to renegotiate any contract, so many artists of her vintage probably don't get royalties on them.

Andy would know the general rule.

That article is pointing out that The Supremes don't cash in on flat fee Streaming services. When you buy a download of Baby Love or Funny Girl deluxe to keep, some portion of it does go to Mary and Diana. As long as they never sign away their rights, they will continue to be paid for their work.

All that streaming isn't even making post 1972 bands money. The 1990's band Cracker, who has one hit, Low, got streamed by Pandora listeners one million times and recieved a check for $16.89.

Janis Ian also recieved a check this year for one penny for her royalties. Now, I have to believe that a song as relatively still well known as At Seventeen would generate more income annually in a collapsed music industry. It was just covered by Celine Dion on her new latest album which has done modestly well internationally if not here stateside. Janis has gone out her way to note that in a 40 plus year career she has never recieved a check from a major label that didn't also claim or deduct from her that she owed them money.

Back to Ashlee and Evan though, I wish them the best and while I find the talk and the Daily News general article that she married him for Ross/Naess money distasteful, it is worth noting that her sister/best friend Jessica has built a clothing brand and general financial worth that would allow for Ashlee to not marry for anything more than love.
    Last edited by Glenpwood; 09-09-2014 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post

Great photos, I especially love the one on the front cover of the Hello magazine and the one where Diana is holding and kissing Evan on the cheek, must have been such a proud day for Ms Ross, I believe this is the first big public wedding for any of her kids, Rhonda's was a quiet affair and I don't believe the rest of the kids are married yet, even though Chudney has had a daughter.
    I say good luck to the newly weds.

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by David J View Post
    Great photos, I especially love the one on the front cover of the Hello magazine and the one where Diana is holding and kissing Evan on the cheek, must have been such a proud day for Ms Ross, I believe this is the first big public wedding for any of her kids, Rhonda's was a quiet affair and I don't believe the rest of the kids are married yet, even though Chudney has had a daughter.
    I say good luck to the newly weds.
    I imagine the wedding is getting coverage in the celebrity press and blogs because Evan married Ashlee Simpson. She's a has been now, but the Simpson sisters fame was primarily based on reality TV. If Evan had married someone out of the public eye, his marriage would be as low key as Rhonda's.

Ashlee Simpson is a has been?

I actually never knew what it was that brought her to public attention.

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post

I was a bit reluntant to buy the Hello magazine [[which is a very popular UK celeb gossip magazine, they are well known for featuring celebs weddings) because I thought they would only feature 2 pages or so of Evan and Ashlee's wedding but I was glad I bought it because to my pleasant surprise there was a 12 pages feature of Evan's wedding with beautiful stunning photos and write up of the wedding, very nice, first time I have seen Diana's mansion and surroundings close up, very beautiful indeed.

According to the Hello magazine, Diana was ordained as a minister last year, which is why she was able to conduct Evan's wedding, not sure what that means exactly but does it mean she could conduct any wedding ceremonies now?
    What does it mean to be ordained as a minister???? does anyone know????

Attachment 8440

Two of Diana's kids has been cut off this photo, as In the Hello magazine version, Chudney and Ross were also included in the above photo-shot.

That's bad that they would cut out the two least known children! But typical!

I saw the photo and the entire family was in it. Perhaps the person who scanned it, couldn't fit the whole picture in.

I realize now that Chudney is next to Tracey. The photos are off Facebook, from a super Ross Fan ~ so I doubt he did any chopping.

smark21 Guest
    Ashlee Simpson is a has been?

I actually never knew what it was that brought her to public attention.
    Ashlee first came to public attention as the younger sister of Jessica Simpson. Jessica was a grade C version of Britney Spears and Christina Aguliera around 2000--Jessica had some singing talent, but 3rd rate material. She had a couple of schlocky hits then faded a bit. She married Nick Lachey, lead singer of late 90s boy band 98 Degrees, a C list Backstreet Boys or NSYNC type group. Jessica's father Joe managed to get MTV to do a reality series about Nick and Jessica being newlyweds. Jessica's career had a bit of resurgence playing the dumb blonde on the show with patient nice guy husband. Ashlee made some appearances on the reality show. Then Ashlee wanted to be a singer, so MTV started a spin off of Nick and Jessica documenting Ashlee's quest to become a singer. She eventually released a rock/pop album and had a couple of hits. Then Ashlee was booked to perform Saturday Night Live and her career died that night when the tape malfunctioned when she was to open her mouth and it was revealed she lipsynched. She did an awkward ho-down jig and then fled the stage. Nick and Jessica divorced and Jessica's next album flopped and she gave up music. She had a lot of weight problems but eventually rebounded, in a way, by launching a clothing line for overweight young women. Ashlee hooked up with Pete Wentz leader of 00's rock band Fall Out Boy. They married and had a kid so Ashlee stayed in the public eye. Then Ashlee tried acting, getting a role on the 2009 reboot of Melrose Place. She received horrible reviews for her acting and the writers wrote her off the show, which was cancelled not long after. She divorced Wentz and faded away until hooking up with Evan Ross. I wonder if Evan and Ashlee will do their own reality show of their marriage?

Pray not.

Hopefully the usual amount of discretion Diana Ross exercises will quash any idea of any reality shows.

All I will say to the above is "Lord".

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    Ashlee first came to public attention as the younger sister of Jessica Simpson. Jessica was a grade C version of Britney Spears and Christina Aguliera around 2000--Jessica had some singing talent, but 3rd rate material. She had a couple of schlocky hits then faded a bit. She married Nick Lachey, lead singer of late 90s boy band 98 Degrees, a C list Backstreet Boys or NSYNC type group. Jessica's father Joe managed to get MTV to do a reality series about Nick and Jessica being newlyweds. Jessica's career had a bit of resurgence playing the dumb blonde on the show with patient nice guy husband. Ashlee made some appearances on the reality show. Then Ashlee wanted to be a singer, so MTV started a spin off of Nick and Jessica documenting Ashlee's quest to become a singer. She eventually released a rock/pop album and had a couple of hits. Then Ashlee was booked to perform Saturday Night Live and her career died that night when the tape malfunctioned when she was to open her mouth and it was revealed she lipsynched. She did an awkward ho-down jig and then fled the stage. Nick and Jessica divorced and Jessica's next album flopped and she gave up music. She had a lot of weight problems but eventually rebounded, in a way, by launching a clothing line for overweight young women. Ashlee hooked up with Pete Wentz leader of 00's rock band Fall Out Boy. They married and had a kid so Ashlee stayed in the public eye. Then Ashlee tried acting, getting a role on the 2009 reboot of Melrose Place. She received horrible reviews for her acting and the writers wrote her off the show, which was cancelled not long after. She divorced Wentz and faded away until hooking up with Evan Ross. I wonder if Evan and Ashlee will do their own reality show of their marriage?
    Its a popular misconception that the SNL "performance" killed Ashlee's career but its untrue. The follow up album released the next year was certified Platinum and has sold just shy of a million via Soundscan. It spawned two Top 40 hits and she landed a third which was recorded for a planned re-release of the album but Universal killed its release at the last minute. I contend what really killed her career image was the new nose she debuted between the second and third albums. The young girls she was marketed to under the guise of being yourself and not adhering ones self to model standards were turned off by this total about face over her face, so to speak. That I think was way more problematic than a botched lip sync episode.

smark21 Guest
    Where it went all wrong for Ashlee's singing career.

smark21 Guest
    Here's Ashlee performing at some college bowl game halftime show. Crowd not impressed when she finishes.

Ashlee Simpson and Evan Ross

08 September 2014

Evan Ross doesn't think his wedding to Ashlee Simpson would have been as perfect without his mom's input.

The happy couple tied the knot last Sunday, in a lavish ceremony surrounded by friends and family.

The celebration was held at singing legend Diana's Connecticut home, and Evan admits the special day wouldn't have been possible without the support of his mom.

"Both of our mothers were involved on every level, helping us make our wedding the way we wanted it. We couldn't have done it without them," Evan smiled to the British edition of Hello! magazine.

"My mom really did the impossible. She has been working on this wedding for us every day for months - and has been on tour during the process."

Evan isn't the only one with an A-list family member, Ashlee's showbiz sister Jessica was also on hand to celebrate the big day.

Proceedings kicked off when 29-year-old Ashlee, who arrived in a horse-drawn-carriage, walked down the aisle. Her son Bronx, five, [from ex-husband Pete Wentz], watched from the sidelines wearing a dapper white suit jacket.

"Our vows were very sweet. Evan and I decided to keep them between us and our loved ones who were with us, but there were definitely tears and some laughs," Ashlee recalled.

Diana wowed guests with a rendition of her famous hit Endless Love, while they also feasted on a four-tiered red velvet cake.

After an eight month engagement, Ashlee couldn't wait to finally call Evan her husband.

"[The best thing] was just finally getting to be married to Evan and seeing all of our friends and family," Ashlee gushed.

"It is an incredible and overwhelming feeling to walk down the aisle and see all the faces of people you grew up with and who flew across the world to be there with you. It is probably the only time in your life when that many people you know are all together in one room."

© Cover Media

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    Yes, we've heard all about Ashlee Simpsons past mistakes and career blunders, but it is all getting a bit tiring and tedious now.
    You make it so very clear that you don't care much about Ashlee Simpson, [[or Evan for that matter) guess what??? what you think about her personally doesn't count and whether or not you approve of her marriage to Evan, what really matters here is that Evan [[and Diana) saw past her previous mistakes and decide to make Ashlee part of their Ross family.

Judging someone about their past mistakes is not very nice, after all no one is perfect, so Ashlee made a few career mistakes which she probably regrets now, but what really is the point of holding onto the past? yes! we know that the media would never let her forget her past but hopefully her being a part of the Ross family will bring out the good in her and Ashlee recently mentioned that her and Evan has got a few projects they are planning to do together, so maybe this will be a new beginning for her and as I don't know Ashlee personally, it's not for me to judge her.
    Last edited by David J; 09-11-2014 at 07:59 AM.

Diana Ross forces son to get a prenup to protect her $500m fortune

Legendary singer Diana Ross is worth over $500m and she'll do anything to protect it. Her youngest son, Evan Ross, 26, married Ashley Simpson, 29, on Aug. 30th and according to reports, Evan had been planning to marry Ashley without a pre-nup...that's until his mother heard about his plans..

From Star Magazine

According to insiders, the legendary singer had her lawyers draw up a prenuptial agreement that was more than 300 pages long in order to protect her estimated $500 million net worth. “If Ashlee didn’t sign that document, the wedding was never going to happen,” says a source. “She’s far from poor, but her money pales in comparison to what Evan will inherit one day.”
    While the actor didn’t want a prenup, Diana, 70, who’s been married twice before, refused to take a chance.

Posted by Linda Ikeji at 11:35 AM

86 comments:

Last edited by David J; 09-11-2014 at 07:57 AM.

Prenuptial agreements are smart, particularly when there is inequity in the financial status of the parties.

I agree it was a wise move.

I love the Hunger Games books and am looking forward to seeing Evan Ross in "Mockingjay".

smark21 Guest
    Well David J., jobetrob wanted to know how/why Ashlee and Jessica Simpson became famous. I answered with the facts that I knew of and my opinion. I actually found a couple of Ashlee’s songs catchy and entertaining in a schlocky way, but she was a manufactured by hit factory pop star with a lot of ambition but not much talent. But the Simpson sisters were pushed to be reality tv media attention whores by their dad. But I give them credit for at least pursuing careers as entertainers; more admirable than the deplorable Kardashian family, who are famous for being famous and nothing else. And I feel bad for Ashlee in that bowl game clip. The whole production and performance was over the top. And what were her managers thinking booking a girl who appeals to tweens and teen girls at a college football bowl halftime show?

I do think Ashlee looks nice at the wedding and the whole bohemian/classic romantic vibe they were aiming for. I’m not an Evan Ross fan, but I’m not against him either. I’ve seen him in a couple of movies and he did a fine job acting, but who knows if he has genuine lasting star quality or even a talent/personal that will ensure a long career as a character actor. Time will tell. As a singer and performer, I’m not impressed with Evan from what I saw and heard when he opened for his mom at Hollywood Bowl last summer. And it seems his singing “career” is on the long term back burner. From what I’ve seen of him on the gossip sites and rags, he seems like a nice, well raised young man, but also a bit vapid. Perhaps he’s more substantive and interesting in private, but I’ll never know that. One thing is for sure, the only reason why his mother’s fans are following Evan is because he’s Diana’s son who is trying to make it as an actor or singer. If his name was Evan Cross with the same acting and singing resumes and a marriage to Ashlee Simpson, none of his mother’s fans would care about him, that is if they ever heard of him.

[QUOTE=smark21;249959]Well David J., jobetrob wanted to know how/why Ashlee and Jessica Simpson became famous. I answered with the facts that I knew of and my opinion. I actually found a couple of Ashlee’s songs catchy and entertaining in a schlocky way, but she was a manufactured by hit factory pop star with a lot of ambition but not much talent. But the Simpson sisters were pushed to be reality tv media attention whores by their dad. But I give them credit for at least pursuing careers as entertainers; more admirable than the deplorable Kardashian family, who are famous for being famous and nothing else. And I feel bad for Ashlee in that bowl game clip. The whole production and performance was over the top. And what were her managers thinking booking a girl who appeals to tweens and teen girls at a college football bowl halftime show?

It's true. I would not know who Evan or Tracee were if it were not for Diana.

Prenuptial agreements are smart, particularly when there is inequity in the financial status of the parties.
    Majority of the comments posted on that prenup article agrees as well that it is a good idea, I am not saying the Ashlee Simpson married Evan for his inheritance but we all know how Hollywood marriage works, most of these showbiz marriges doesn't last a long time so it now makes sense now why Diana was happy enough to marry her son and his new bride, knowing that she's made Ashlee signed a pren-up, it makes sense I guess.
    Last edited by David J; 09-12-2014 at 05:15 AM.

Wonderful photos, David. Thanks for sharing. - Gary

Here's Diana's boys relaxing at the wedding, and smokin some weed. They look like theyr;e having a great time.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...e-Simpson.html

Quote Originally Posted by jillfoster View Post
    Here's Diana's boys relaxing at the wedding, and smokin some weed. They look like theyr;e having a great time.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...e-Simpson.html
    OMG! Diane's "little angels" are smoking dope and getting high..........right at her house! LOL!!!!

The older boy looks very much like Eddie Kendricks.

supremester Guest
    Prenup or not - WGAF? It's pretty standard for those with money, those in the business or those with a brain to do a prenup. I don't believe anything I read in these rags, but a picture is worth a thousand words. I LOL @ the old gas bags having a coronary over smoking pot in this day and age - this is the first black/white kiss of the new millennium......old fogeys needed to just get over it when I was scandalous smoking weed in 1969, quit in 1989 when no one gave a damn anymore and now, a quarter century after that AND legalization, quincies are fretting over it??? I love it. LOL !!!
    Ashelee & Evan must have some sort of celebrity to keep them in the news and in the tabs - to stake out the hotel where Evan and Co were before the wedding........ whatev - they look happy and that is the idea. I love reading the negs that gas bags write in the comments after these articles. WTF? These peeps have bad thoughts about total strangers - what a sad group of people they must be.

supremester Guest
    I too think he looks so much like Eddie, that I wondered if.........I mean Eddie & Miss Ross remained close until he passed, but after I met Ross at Radio City, he looks very much like an amalgamation of his mom and Dad - with his mom's natural thinness giving him an Eddie look. Very sweet guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    The older boy looks very much like Eddie Kendricks.