[REMOVE ADS]

the marvelettes three months

Thrre months two weeks one day and hour. The more i hear this track found on the marvelettes complete studio albums vol 2 on disc 4 I cant help but wonder that only one marvelette is backing gladys on the track, I love this song . And it is a song that addresses heartache and pain and love lost, i also think wanda would have done a good job on this track as, well. Does anyone have the story behind this heartfelt, track do u hear one or more singers behind gladys.

smark21 Guest
    Over the weekend I finally downloaded both Marvelette box sets. I'm still getting acquainted with the album cuts and lost/found items. Just gave Three months another listen and I like it. Gladys delivers an excellent vocal both girlish and mature. Like the vibes in the middle of the song. And while I'm no expert on background voices, it's obvious that not all of the other 4 Marvelettes are on background--at most there are two. But the backpart vocal arrangement/performance works given the sentiments/story of the song.

What are your faves on the "Lost and Found" Disc of Forever More? Those Ann Bogan songs rock!

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    Over the weekend I finally downloaded both Marvelette box sets. I'm still getting acquainted with the album cuts and lost/found items. Just gave Three months another listen and I like it. Gladys delivers an excellent vocal both girlish and mature. Like the vibes in the middle of the song. And while I'm no expert on background voices, it's obvious that not all of the other 4 Marvelettes are on background--at most there are two. But the backpart vocal arrangement/performance works given the sentiments/story of the song.

What are your faves on the "Lost and Found" Disc of Forever more? Those Ann Bogan songs rock!
    queen of the fools, you can bet your bottom dollar, johnny do right, you lost the sweetest boy, you better cool it, from now on and of coursre the rockin ann bogan tracks. Both marvelettes box sets were very welll done?

smark21 Guest
    I'm enjoying them very much. Playing Disc 1 of Forever right now. Gladys does a really good job covering The One Who Really Loves You.

I'm enjoying them very much. Playing Disc 1 of Forever right now. Gladys does a really good job covering The One Who Really Loves You.
    Its amazing how both tracks of towrlu by mary w and gladys are identical. I wish forever gold had some extras alternate takes etc but im in love with both sets esp disc 4 on the 2nd set and the marvelettes sing is a real treat. Oops im plaing boy georges color by numbers sorry

smark21 Guest
    Can't listen to Marvelettes all the time, don't worry about playing Boy George.

Tonight Gladys' vocal on I Know Better really jumped out and grabbed me. One of her best vocals.

Can't listen to Marvelettes all the time, don't worry about playing Boy George.

Tonight Gladys' vocal on I Know Better really jumped out and grabbed me. One of her best vocals.
    that is a nice track as are many of the marvelettes on the pink album, i feel if gladys had stayed the marvelettes would have had a longer career at motown even with wanda leading by this time on all of the singles. Although I feel I need someone would have made a nice single.