[REMOVE ADS]

CINDY is Marilyn! MARY Is Josephine! SCHERRIE Is Bessie! LIVE! AUDIO ONLY. 1975.

Recorded in Manchester.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhOPfGdxL6g

Many thanks to Felipe Lambrini for this YouTube posting.
    Last edited by Methuselah2; 08-27-2014 at 08:02 PM.

smark21 Guest
    That Magic Genie sequence is still one of the oddest things to be put into a Supremes show. So cheesy and Vegas, but I'm sure the ladies did a fine job performing it. They continued it for awhile after Susaye joined the act, though Mary/Pedro/Motown never paid to have the genie voiceover actor to come into the studio to change the intro of Cindy/Marilyn to Susaye/Marilyn.

Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah2 View Post
    Recorded in Manchester.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhOPfGdxL6g

Many thanks to Felipe Lambrini for this YouTube posting.
    I cant hear it real well methuselah dear. It sound real muffled to me is it my computer or my ear or is the sound real poor qualitty? I cant make anything out.

Fondly,

Roberta

It's the recording Roberta. Not the best, I'm afraid. And no video either. But I thought some might still be interested to hear what was there of the routine. It was the first time I had heard they had incorporated such a number in their act.

What an interesting find - I've seen photos of them dressed as those characters but never heard the number before...thanks!

My pleasure EJ.

i kinda like the segment in their show. yeah a bit cheesy but a good alternative to just another medley of songs. especially like the fact that each girl gets a segment. wonder what the Millie/Rose/Mame set would have been like if they gave 1 to each girl

and scherrie just tears up Wagon

Wasn't this part of the act that Geoffrey Holder put together for them? I saw the Supremes at the Royal Hawaiian Supper Club in Virginia, right after Susaye joined the group. This was part of the act and the voiceover did introduce Cindy. This was right when High Energy was released because a couple of people hung out with us afterwards to get their record signed. I didn't even know it was being released until that night.

Quote Originally Posted by thommg View Post
    Wasn't this part of the act that Geoffrey Holder put together for them? I saw the Supremes at the Royal Hawaiian Supper Club in Virginia, right after Susaye joined the group. This was part of the act and the voiceover did introduce Cindy. This was right when High Energy was released because a couple of people hung out with us afterwards to get their record signed. I didn't even know it was being released until that night.
    Yes, Geoffrey Holder and his wife famed dancer Carmen De Lavallade devised this routine for the Supremes.