[REMOVE ADS]

Diana: Songs from Early Rock and Roll

Diana's RED HOT RHYTHM AND BLUES has four tracks covering hits from the late 50s / early 60s: TELL MAMA, MR. LEE, SWEET SOUL MUSIC, and THERE GOES MY BABY.

We also have WHY DO FOOLS FALL IN LOVE from another CD.

Are there other remakes of songs from this early rock and roll / R and B era on other Diana CDs [[Motown OR RCA)? Thanks!

PLEDGING MY LOVE [[from "DIANA AND MARVIN")
    SINCE I DON'T HAVE YOU [[on the expanded "LAST TIME I SAW HIM")
    SWEET NOTHINGS [[from "WHY DO FOOLS FALL IN LOVE")
    RESCUE ME [[from "SWEPT AWAY")
    SELFISH ONE [[from "RED HOT RHYTHM AND BLUES")
    ONLY YOU [[from "I LOVE YOU")
    TO BE LOVED [[from "I LOVE YOU")

smark21 Guest
    Her last album I Love You included covers of The Platters' Only You and Berry Gordy's To Be Loved. This Magic Moment is on the album as well but I'm not sure if that's "early rock" or "early R and B" or not.

There goes my baby from Endless Love

Just listened to There Goes My Baby, by Diana and I like the original arrangement by the Drifters better with the sweeping strings in the front Also liked Ben E King's [[Drifters) interpretation more.

Diana did a remake of HE. It is not rock or r & b, but it was a Top Five hit for Al Hibbler in the rock era of the fifties. Diana has better arrangement on her remake and her voice is strong and her interpretation is as good, or better than Al Hibbler's.

The label and credit says that the Supremes are singing HE. But it just Diana. No Supremes

Now that RED HOT RYTHM AND BLUES is out with some of these early Rock and Roll classics, any more ideas from other CDs?