[REMOVE ADS]

Motown Digital Downloads

I recently came across two Smokey Robinson & The Miracles albums on iTunes that are not available on CD: Flying High Together and One Dozen Roses. What I find amazing is I cannot find any news related to digital releases of classic Motown albums. Does anyone have a list? I have found the following:

Tata Vega - Try My Love and Givin' All My Love
    Mandre - Mandre, Mardre Two and M3000
    The Supremes - Performs Funny Girl
    Jose Feliciano

Blkfrost ... You are so right. As has been mentioned on SDF now and then, it is truly amazing that there is no Motown web site that announces current and upcoming releases on a regular basis. Shouldn't this be "Advertising 101?"

Also available:
    Temptations "Solid Rock"
    Mary Wells "Recorded Live On Stage"
    Stevie Wonder "Live At The Talk Of The Town"
    Stevie Wonder "Workout Stevie Workout"
    Rev. Martin Luther King "Speeches"
    Undisputed Truth "Face To Face"

smark21 Guest
    The Marvelettes Deliver! 2 CD hits and bsides set from the early 90s is now available as a digital download from iTunes.

I don't see Face to Face on iTunes

I got it from 7 digital BMM.But they don`t have "Funny Girl"

Quote Originally Posted by blkfrost View Post
    I recently came across two Smokey Robinson & The Miracles albums on iTunes that are not available on CD: Flying High Together and One Dozen Roses. What I find amazing is I cannot find any news related to digital releases of classic Motown albums. Does anyone have a list? I have found the following:

Tata Vega - Try My Love and Givin' All My Love
    Mandre - Mandre, Mardre Two and M3000
    The Supremes - Performs Funny Girl
    Jose Feliciano
    They also have the other two by Smokey & The Miracles:

What Love Has Joined Together
    A Pocket Full of Miracles

Thank you all for replying. I would prefer having CDs, but will purchase digital downloads. It would be great of there was a Motown site announcing these. Thanks for the tips on albums I missed. Glad to see "A Pocket Full of Miracles" is available. "Darling Dear" is one of my favorite tunes... Smokey Robinson and the Miracles, as well as The Jackson 5.

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    The Marvelettes Deliver! 2 CD hits and bsides set from the early 90s is now available as a digital download from iTunes.
    I had purchased "Live Wire: the Singles" by the Vandellas quite a few years ago. As a companion piece, I searched and searched for "Deliver: the Singles" by the Marvelettes. I was finally able to find a copy off eBay for less than $15.00. Sometimes if you're lucky enough to find that needle in a haystack, and add the physical CD to your collection.

WHOA! Greatest Hits: From The Beginning by the Miracles is also available as a digital download :-)

I won't be happy until all of them are available as lossless or hi-rez.

Am pretty gutted that unable to purchase as I live in the UK [[[[[[[[

You'll be able to get The Miracles "Greatest Hits From The Beginning" on mp3 from 1st September along with most of the others mentioned - "Pocket Full Of Miracles", "Flying High Together" etc. "What Love Has" is already available in the UK.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s?rh=n%3A771...qid=1409244587
    Last edited by mysterysinger; 08-28-2014 at 12:54 PM.

Blkfrost and longtimefan - We definitely need a one-stop website for learning about ALL of the latest and future classic-Motown reissue releases. Does anybody out there remember ICE [[International CD Exchange) from the late 1980's or early ‘90s? It was a physical/paper newsletter distributed which told of coming releases from the various record/CD companies, including Motown. We knew what to buy now, and it gave us something to look forward to for future reissues. Today, we have The Second Disc – an online daily email which notifies us of coming releases, including some [[but not all ) Motown releases as well as other, non-Motown product. All you need to do is give The Second Disc your email address and they will send you a notification – several times each day [[Monday-Friday) for each individual CD release. And, best of all, it’s totally free!

Other than that, until we have a specialty one-stop source for future Motown releases, the only way to be as thorough as possible is to go into Amazon and search each Motown artist – one at a time – first for CDs, and then again for downloads. [[Example: "diana ross cd’s"; and then "diana ross downloads".) It’s time-consuming as all get-out, but I’ve found that it’s well worth it, especially as a Motown collector who can’t STAND to not have each and every classic Motown recording released from the master tapes!

Quote Originally Posted by Philles/Motown Gary View Post
    It’s time-consuming as all get-out, but I’ve found that it’s well worth it, especially as a Motown collector who can’t STAND to not have each and every classic Motown recording released from the master tapes!

Well, if it's on an mp3 or AAC, you as sure as hell NOT getting the master tape sound! Even if you buy a CD, you're not getting the master tape sound, but you're better off than with a lossy download. And, don't forget that even if you buy something that is supposedly from the master tapes, they are still EQ'ed and processed in other ways.

I used to regularly get ICE in the UK at Tower. I miss it a lot.

ICE was the best!