[REMOVE ADS]

digital versions of books with Sup, Vandella Four Top Singles sets

i've bought the cd sets on Hippo for the Four Tops, Vandellas and Sups singles. for other sets, the liner notes are sleeves in the cd case so you can remove and scan. having issues with these "book" types. was wondering if anyone had scanned these in?

also with the 2 70s Sups lp sets.

Having the Volume 2 of the 70s Supremes book / CD set, I have to say that such a concept, a hardcover book with pages, pages, of essays, quotes, photos, and liner notes, and pages / sleeves for joining CDs, original, and at same time, genuinely beautiful, most satisfying, recommended, any Supremes collection, not just sayin' this because the Mary / Scherrie / Susaye configuration is my opinion, the most beautiful Supremes configuration, any Motown collection, as well as music collection in general.

If other such Hip-O collections [[ Supremes, Temptations, Four Tops, Vandellas, DeBarge) is under the same format, I suppose another one of them is definitely in my "think about" wish list to gradually get them all in the near-to-distant future.

But alas, to scan something, whole, it is a lot easier to scan saddle-stitched [[stapled) books, than square binds - for one, trying to bust it all into scan may bust some of its glue / spine foundational relationship!
    Last edited by Ngroove; 08-24-2014 at 01:27 PM.

exactly! the hard bound ones won't scan worth a damn. a few of them are available digitally if you buy the album on iTunes. but i already own the album and don't want to buy a 2nd time

My apologies, but I am not a digital person - the coldness of the "download" is just not the same as the warmth of physically having it. 99% of my itunes is straight from my CDs.

Not to mention, probably the only way one would fully feel the heart in making these books, is to touch it, hold it, and flip its pages to read straight from there. All those digital people - once they become bored of one page - all they can do, is "click".

So, my apologies, I suppose all I can do, is say my praises of my appreciation for the [[paper book / cardboard sleeves) versions.
    Last edited by Ngroove; 08-25-2014 at 10:02 AM.

oh i love the paper books too. and what beats being able to look at the large lp art from back in the day.

i travel a LOT and so want to load digital versions of my paper books onto my iPad. that way as i'm listening to songs or albums, i can still read the details