[REMOVE ADS]

Just A Few Minutes With Arranger PAUL RISER

That was awesome!! Along with people like Russ Terrana. Paul Riser has always been one of my Motown heroes. Motown was very much like OZ in my mind as a kid so I spent an amazing amount of time staring at that blue label. Always been very inquisitive so I made it my business to find out who the people were behind the names I kept seeing on the label. Paul Riser's work was/is absolutely stunning.

I wish he would sit down with someone and talk for two hours. I liked this.

And here it is, Stephanie. This was posted on SDF last year by Theboyfromxtown. The video is 2 hrs.:

http://www.redbullmusicacademy.com/l...na_work_it_out

Methuselah2.....

I tried to find it again but couldn't ....thank goodness you were able to find it.

Well done

I am in MOTOWN heaven watching this! Oh man what an interview......I feel like I am in Studio A. This kids are so lucky! Thank you, thank you! Love the way he breaks it down I feel like John Lester right now. Listening to the masters and the vaults.

Great post, Methusela. I can only add that Paul is one of the nicest guys I was privileged to work with those many years ago. First class talent.

Quote Originally Posted by LuvHangOva View Post
    That was awesome!! Along with people like Russ Terrana. Paul Riser has always been one of my Motown heroes. Motown was very much like OZ in my mind as a kid so I spent an amazing amount of time staring at that blue label. Always been very inquisitive so I made it my business to find out who the people were behind the names I kept seeing on the label. Paul Riser's work was/is absolutely stunning.
    I feel just like you do LHO. I, too, enjoy hearing from all those who made all that great music. Riser seems like a wonderful person, with such enormous musicianship, as well. Quite a guy.

Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    Great post, Methusela. I can only add that Paul is one of the nicest guys I was privileged to work with those many years ago. First class talent.
    Ralph - It's great to hear that Riser is just as nice as he seems. He's the real deal, and it sounds like he has always been that. I just hope he knows how appreciated he is--he himself and his superlative work.

I believe that today, September 11th, is Paul Riser's birthday.

It's a good opportunity for an update on a older thread which I think is worth another look - particularly if anyone here today has yet to view it.

Happy Birthday, Paul!