[REMOVE ADS]

Lulu Guest

Global Phenom Nile Rodgers Weighs In On Diana In Glastonbury

smark21 Guest
    Nile Rodgers has been in the studio the past couple of weeks with Duran Duran helping to record/produce their next album. Maybe he'll get another Notorious out of them.

Nile loves Diana. And they used the absolutely worst picture of Diana Ross that exists in that news article.

Lulu Guest
    It reminds me of a picture of Josephine Baker taken around '73-'75...very dramatic albeit not flattering. I don't see it online but it's in one of the bios I have published in the 90s.

I must say I think the photograph is terrific. Not at all how she usually looks or is photographed but, at the same time, I see something that is still very much her. There's enormous beauty in that shot--not the perfect prettiness that takes one's breath away but a raw, emotional, unguarded moment that was captured spontaneously in the harsh glare of bad lighting. It's unique and rare and offers a side of Diana that is almost never seen in print. For me there's just no doubt about it--it's great.

smark21 Guest
    I see they want her to play the Sunday afternoon legends spot, not headline. May not happen. Miss Ross is a superstar; she doesn't take anything less than first billing.