[REMOVE ADS]

Kajieme Powell - Killing By Police - St. Louis - HuffPost/Video

I saw that video. I would repost it here, but it may be too much for some people. I also had reservations about watching it, too, except i've seen enough of those "Caught On Camera" shows that often show people being shot that I figured: "What's the difference?".

In another thread, I stated that this sounded like a good shoot, meaning that it was justified. That was before I saw the video of it all. If I put my mind in the mind of a cop, I would probably have shot the man, too.

However: the suspect did not threaten, charge at, or lunge toward the cops, and he was still a good distance away from them. The knife, clearly in his right hand, was not held up in a threatening manner. The cops could have used a taser gun. If they determined that that wouldn't have been effective, they could have used rubber bullets. There was absolutely NO NEED for them to let out nine bullets on him. It was clearly excessive force, and one that is too often done by cops. One or two shots would have done the job.

That isn't the most disturbing part of the story. From what I read yesterday, the Ferguson police do not file reports. They turn them over to St. Louis. It's like the incidents never happen! Seems it's a routine process for the police out there. Shoot a Black man? So what! Never officially happened! Clearly, your life ain't worth a damn out there! Just like the old South! It's amazing to me how backward that part of the country is in 2014! It's like they never left 1955!

If the Ferguson PD does not write reports, maybe they should be part of the St Louis PD and learn how to write reports.

Ok, I've seen the video now and it is abundantly clear that they did not have to kill that young man. This is all a part of the "Stand your ground mentality...." that has swept over this country thanks to the help of the NRA and others. The officers [[if they felt truly threatened) could have very calmly and easily:

1) Taser him to get the guy immobilized
    2) Called for back up with psychological training [[ the young man could have been unbalance or under the influence)
    3) I believe the young man simply very [[[[in light of recent events involving the police around the nation) frustration led him to make such a deadly dare...... The police could have simple gotten back into their car and used surveillance to pick him up later after the heat of the moment died down. I hardly believe the guy in this video was a threat to the area at large.

Those cops would shot down an aggressive acting dog in a situation like that. This showed a complete lack of respect for human life by the officers and they felt confidentially justisfied in shooting this man down.

Quote Originally Posted by MotownSteve View Post
    If the Ferguson PD does not write reports, maybe they should be part of the St Louis PD and learn how to write reports.
    Apparently, they don't do it either.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post

1) Taser him to get the guy immobilized
    2) Called for back up with psychological training [[ the young man could have been unbalance or under the influence)
    3) I believe the young man simply very [[[[in light of recent events involving the police around the nation) frustration led him to make such a deadly dare...... The police could have simple gotten back into their car and used surveillance to pick him up later after the heat of the moment died down. I hardly believe the guy in this video was a threat to the area at large.
    In fact, there was talk from those who know him say that he was emotionally compromised. Has the police been part of the community, or interacted with the citizens, they may have known that. This is the reason the police must practice community policing. It works!