[REMOVE ADS]

Unsung martha wash airs tomorrow ~ 8/20/14

Thanks for the reminder. I liked her from her Sylvester days with Izora. I can't wait for this one.
    One of my favorites of their's "Taking away your Space" an old school cut!

Soulballad, that's definitely one of my all time favorite songs..PERIOD!!! I'm looking forward to the episode. She's one of the greatest voices of our time. I loved Two Tons, wasn't as big a fan of The Weather Girls though

Here here!!!! Me too!!!

Quote Originally Posted by soulballad View Post
    Thanks for the reminder. I liked her from her Sylvester days with Izora. I can't wait for this one.
    One of my favorites of their's "Taking away your Space" an old school cut!

A true underground classic with a touch of "Goin' in Circles".......sang Martha!

its on my iPod twice!
    Last edited by Bokiluis; 08-20-2014 at 11:43 PM.

I love Martha warsh and I loved Sylvester and his music. How was the unsung episode? Thank you.

Roberta

I really liked it. I didn't know much about Martha, so I found her story interesting. The only thing I wished they had given more info on was the split between she and Izora.

I know that C + C Music Factory was a manufactured studio group, but did they ever perform live in concert anywhere or perform on TV with Zelma Davis lip syncing to Martha's voice? If so, wouldn't that be the same as Milli Vinelli?

Even watching the video is a little weird , hearing Martha's voice come out of Zelma's lip syncing mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    I know that C + C Music Factory was a manufactured studio group, but did they ever perform live in concert anywhere or perform on TV with Zelma Davis lip syncing to Martha's voice? If so, wouldn't that be the same as Milli Vinelli?

Even watching the video is a little weird , hearing Martha's voice come out of Zelma's lip syncing mouth.
    I remember C+C attending the American Music Awards one year. I can't recall whether or not they performed. But I remember they won at least one award and Zelma sang a line or two at the podium, as if to prove she could sing.

Here's a clip from the Apollo where Martha's voice can be heard. But I think Zelma might be singing as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7WAQFnoPAc
    Last edited by reese; 08-26-2014 at 09:45 AM.

Zelma can sing. She is on many cuts of the LP. But in the clip you showed, it seems that she is lip syncing or singing along with Martha's voice. Almost every time that the signature "Everybody Dance Now" is sung, Zelma either turns her back to the audience or is silhouetted.

Here is the real deal.

Wonder why they didn't mention the remake of "I Who Have Nothing" with Luther Vandross

Quote Originally Posted by glencro View Post
    Wonder why they didn't mention the remake of "I Who Have Nothing" with Luther Vandross
    I must admit it is not one of my favorites. With those two voices, I was expecting so much more.