[REMOVE ADS]

Diane Ross may do more dates at the Colleseum at Caeasars Palace.

along with Beyonce and maybe Adelle and Katy Perry.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/vegasdelu...dion-caesars-/

supremester Guest
    I'm hoping Miss Ross will add a few weekends here and there. Caesars has been trying for years to get a bigger commitment outta Miss Ross........ but, if it's just occasional weekends, she can fly in on Fri afternoon, do Fri & Sat shows and be back in her own bed by midnight on Sat night. Total investment less than 36 hours and some decent money. I'd be in hog heaven.

By Robin Leach [[contact)

Monday, Aug. 18, 2014 | 4:56 p.m.

Despite the dark clouds that loomed over the Colosseum at Caesars Palace last week with Celine Dion’s extended cancellation, there are some bright spots on the horizon.

Naturally, we’re wishing Celine and husband Rene Angelil full recoveries with their health battles. Even with the postponement announcement today of Dr. Mehmet Oz’s show scheduled for Saturday, Sept. 6, due to scheduling conflicts, the stars will shine brightly again! [[The date of the rescheduled Dr. Oz show will be announced at a later time.)

Celine’s absence immediately started rumors as to whom might fill her shoes and walk in her footsteps. Many of the Asian arenas and theaters on Celine’s now-canceled November tour have already opened up for Mariah Carey, and she could be added to the open dates at Caesars.

There have been fast, reignited residency rumors for Adele and Beyonce, and there are already solid behind-the-scenes whispers about a return visit by Katy Perry, who thrilled high rollers at private Caesars concerts over New Year’s Eve Weekend.

Do not be surprised if there’s an announcement about Katy. Diana Ross, who will be at Caesars on Sept. 19, is already being encouraged to return for more dates. I’m also hearing of a bona-fide overture to Madonna.

Those are the first names in the discussion stage of keeping the lights on at the Colosseum while Celine is away. You’ll read the first bookings right here at Vegas DeLuxe, so stay tuned!

Robin Leach has been a journalist for more than 50 years and has spent the past decade giving readers the inside scoop on Las Vegas, the world’s premier platinum playground.

Caesers Palace is not going to take Diana Ross' ten year-old, incredibly shrinking concert format for any kind of extended run. In Cincinnatti in April, she had a five piece band playing the same songs like More Today Than Yesterday, My World is Empty Without You where the end vamped for several minutes while she tried to ad lib but could not hide her boredom. Enough people cancelled their plans to see June shows that several venues were not sold out and none of her shows in a few weeks are sold out. This is because many of her core fans are waiting for some new songs into the set. Where's Reflections, Love Is Here, You Keep Me Hanging On, Someday, I Hear A Symphony, Back In My Arms Again, Remember Me, Surrender, Last Time I Saw Him, Reach Out I'll Be There? All the songs from Lady Sings The Blues and Blue, but she only does Don't Explain. Every show. For ten years. Diana Ross is great but her show is creaking. Casers won't be signing it on.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMotownManiac View Post
    Caesers Palace is not going to take Diana Ross' ten year-old, incredibly shrinking concert format for any kind of extended run. In Cincinnatti in April, she had a five piece band playing the same songs like More Today Than Yesterday, My World is Empty Without You where the end vamped for several minutes while she tried to ad lib but could not hide her boredom. Enough people cancelled their plans to see June shows that several venues were not sold out and none of her shows in a few weeks are sold out. This is because many of her core fans are waiting for some new songs into the set. Where's Reflections, Love Is Here, You Keep Me Hanging On, Someday, I Hear A Symphony, Back In My Arms Again, Remember Me, Surrender, Last Time I Saw Him, Reach Out I'll Be There? All the songs from Lady Sings The Blues and Blue, but she only does Don't Explain. Every show. For ten years. Diana Ross is great but her show is creaking. Casers won't be signing it on.
    Interesting posting/observation. I really don't follow Diana Ross all that much, but it is interesting how some veteran performers still sell out large arenas and some do not. On a side note, I think her acting can be pretty damn good. I have always wondered why she never pursued her acting career.

Lulu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    Interesting posting/observation. I really don't follow Diana Ross all that much, but it is interesting how some veteran performers still sell out large arenas and some do not. On a side note, I think her acting can be pretty damn good. I have always wondered why she never pursued her acting career.
    I actually think if she would expand her show [[i.e. RTL 2000 or Pantages 2004) they might take a bite. Tack on another hour and toss in more band and it'd be a no brainer.

Last time she was there she added all the "vegas" stuff you would expect. Dancers, lights, screens etc.

I am travelling from the UK for the concert on Sept 19th and it is more for the chance to see Miss Ross in Caesar's place and ticking something of my bucket list. I remember seeing the 1979 Caesar's concert on tv just as I was getting into Motown and saying to my mum that one day I would see Diana Ross in Vegas. I hope that I won't be disappointed. The last time I saw her in the UK was 2009 in Birmingham and it seems that her show is the same now apart from more today than yesterday, she is getting older and has cut down her show, she hasn't released new material in years, we know this, we are going for the experience and most people who go to Vegas go for the experience . Let's hope that Miss Ross is a hit and that it opens up a new chapter in the twilight of her career.

Lulu Guest
    Miss Diana Ross has always been a sensation on the strip! She'll return in her full glory and sell out the shows and knock 'em dead with her sheer presence!

Quote Originally Posted by skooldem1 View Post
    Last time she was there she added all the "vegas" stuff you would expect. Dancers, lights, screens etc.
    Did she do more songs? Was her show longer. I have my tickets for Vegas on the 19th. Saw her last at the Hollywood Bowl. She was in top form and I loved the show however it was much too short. I am really hoping she will at least add back "Endless Love" .

She's in really good form for 70 years old; the show will probably be very similar to what it has been for 4 years or so. It is not a show for the hardcore fans; it is a show for Mom and Pop who want to hear Love Child and Stop in the Name of Love and Why Do Fools Fall in Love.

LadyLola Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post

Naturally, we’re wishing Celine and husband Rene Angelil full recoveries with their health battles. Even with the postponement announcement today of Dr. Mehmet Oz’s show scheduled for Saturday, Sept. 6, due to scheduling conflicts, the stars will shine brightly again! [[The date of the rescheduled Dr. Oz show will be announced at a later time.)
    What's up with Celine and Rene?

Quote Originally Posted by LadyLola View Post
    What's up with Celine and Rene?
    Celine has been suffering with an inflammation of her throat muscles, and her husband recently had a cancerous tumor removed from his throat.

She seems to really be in demand. Las Vegas, Glastonbury, Hollywood, etc. The question is, how willing is she at this point in her career to consider these offers? She has stated in the past that she really doesn't want to make a movie. Don't know if she has changed her mind on that one. She really enjoys performing on stage. So Glastonbury and Vegas might be good. However, I don't know if she is willing to commit to a Vegas run.

It's interesting when all the news blurbs say that it is Caesar's that "wants her to do more dates" and someone still interprets that as if Diana was trying to secure more dates and not the other way around. In 2011-12, when she played Caesar's, she brought back the screens and added dancers so I would think it would be an expanded show. [[And the word is out how Las Vegas concerts now pretty much come with lots of production....). Time will tell how this plays out. Go on girl and do your thing.....she long ago established herself as a major Las Vegas attraction from her weeks long dates in the 70s and 80s. There ain't a thing to prove.......

It's remarkable that anyone that is 70 years old has done a run of tours over the last five years that were critically and commercially well received.

I am starting to get really excited. I have seen Diana live in concert more times than I can count. Starting in 1981 to 2013 at the sold out Hollywood Bowl. I have seen her in huge sold out arena shows to small intimate theatres but my dream has always been to see her at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas. My dream is about to come true on Sep 19. So excited!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    I am starting to get really excited. I have seen Diana live in concert more times than I can count. Starting in 1981 to 2013 at the sold out Hollywood Bowl. I have seen her in huge sold out arena shows to small intimate theatres but my dream has always been to see her at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas. My dream is about to come true on Sep 19. So excited!!!
    And the Sept 19th show is already sold out which is why the Caesars Palace promoters wanted to add more shows, I can feel your excitement and I hope you have a great time, it's always my dream to see Diana at Caesars Palace as well, since watching her 1979 HBO Special on video, definitely one of my favourite Diana concert.

smark21 Guest
    Well if Diana Ross passes on Caesar's, perhaps they could ask Martha Reeves to do a residency there.

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    Well if Diana Ross passes on Caesar's, perhaps they could ask Martha Reeves to do a residency there.
    thats a real good idea smark31 the First Lady of Motown records dr martha reeves deserves a long term gig at Caesars and could bring in the crowds. Maybe Mary Wilson could open for. Miss reeves and then they could bring out the four tops and the temptations and then enter the star of the show Miss Martha Reeves. They could bill the show Martha Reeves and her Motown show. Id drive up once a month to see this great show.

fondly,

Roberta

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    He's been very witty lately!

I don't know if they would take an oldies show there but an oldies show full of all the people Roberta mentioned might work for a while; if there is enough money in it for all of them. But maybe that isn't an issue.

While visiting family in western NY state this summer, I had the pleasure of attending Diana Ross' "In The Name Of Love" concert performance on June 18th at the CMAC in Canandaigua, NY, which was incredible and outstanding! Diana's voice was in top form, and, as always, she looked like a million bucks! Her show, which lasted for an hour-and-a-half, was evenly paced between Supremes' hits and Diana's solo recordings. Her band is one of the best in the business, and her four-man horn section alone are worth the price of the show. Those guys can really play! And, thanks to their low-key yet impressive choreography, they're cooler than all get-out to watch! Same goes for Diana's three back-up vocalists who hit some high-note harmonies that were downright goosebump-worthy! A hard-core Motown collector since 1964, this was my third Diana Ross concert. Two of the most thrilling moments of the show occurred during the instrumental break of "Love Child" and "I Will Survive" when the musical arrangement turned Latin! Let's just say that the four horn players, the three back-up singers, and Miss Ross were gettin' down! The lady remains a consummate performer with stage presence like no one else. She's paid her dues and she still puts on one hell of a show. After three thrilling standing ovations, the crowd still didn't want to let her go -- nor did I.

[QUOTE=David J;248053]And the Sept 19th show is already sold out.[/

B-A-M !!!

Lulu Guest
    My spider-sense is telling me that after this weekend when the final baby bird has left the nest, Miss Ross will be getting down to business...