[REMOVE ADS]

~*~*~ PHOTO'S & Program from JIMMY SCOTT'S Home Going Service ~*~*~

Some of the program got left out but i will add where I can. The service took place at the church where we were married ~
    CLEVELAND News article ~ Many of the stories have the wrong info, Jimmy's actual cause of death was Atheroscierotic Heart Disease, which basically means narrowing and hardening of the arteries, his veins in his legs had blockage/blot clots so he had cardio-vascular disease.
    Name:  $_57 [[3).jpg
Views: 985
Size:  85.3 KB

Church Program in part ~

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 872
Size:  8.8 KB

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 967
Size:  7.7 KB

Name:  3.jpg
Views: 871
Size:  11.0 KB

Name:  4.jpg
Views: 825
Size:  10.8 KB

Name:  5.jpg
Views: 843
Size:  10.7 KB

Continued............
    Name:  6.jpg
Views: 861
Size:  11.5 KB

Name:  7.jpg
Views: 839
Size:  12.1 KB

Name:  8.jpg
Views: 846
Size:  8.2 KB

Many other people performed, spoke, and read poetry than is on this list ~
    Name:  music.jpg
Views: 800
Size:  8.9 KB

Flowers, Songs, some of the Cards sent to me & Messages ~
    Name:  Alex Minasian.jpg
Views: 935
Size:  20.5 KB

Name:  David 1.jpg
Views: 838
Size:  7.4 KB

Name:  David 2.jpg
Views: 818
Size:  10.2 KB

Rolling Stone Magazine Tribute ~
    Name:  Rolling Stone 1.jpg
Views: 825
Size:  9.9 KB

Name:  Rolling Stone 2.jpeg.jpg
Views: 901
Size:  12.8 KB

Seymour Stein:
    Name:  Seymour Stein 1.jpeg.jpg
Views: 917
Size:  9.6 KB

Quincy sent me:
    Name:  Quincy.jpg
Views: 875
Size:  5.9 KB

Name:  Q's gift.jpg
Views: 982
Size:  11.2 KB

Pesci sent me a song he recorded for Me & Jimmy as if Jimmy was singing it to me, one of Jimmy's own songs "If I Should Lose You" ~
    Name:  Joe.jpg
Views: 944
Size:  12.6 KB

Bonnie Raitt sent beautiful white roses
    Name:  Bonnie.jpg
Views: 957
Size:  11.2 KB

Jimmy's Pianist:
    Name:  Alex.jpg
Views: 922
Size:  14.1 KB

Jimmy's Drummer:
    Name:  Cook.jpg
Views: 935
Size:  9.5 KB

And lots from other friends..........

The Rock Hall was represented by former CEO Terry Stewart, Andy Leach, & Beverly Flowers.

Here's Vonnie Eli, Dennis Taylor [[who sang at the church Jimmy's favorite song "When Did You Leave Heaven"), & Bev Flowers:
    Name:  10425390_10152540118319253_128481697722199181_n.jpg
Views: 1015
Size:  92.8 KB

From the Rock Hall of Fame:
    Name:  Rock Hall.jpg
Views: 947
Size:  8.3 KB

From the R & B Hall of Fame:
    Name:  Resolution 1.jpg
Views: 954
Size:  9.8 KB

Name:  Resolution 2.jpeg.jpg
Views: 988
Size:  9.4 KB

The Honorable Minister Louis Farrakhan set his sons Louis, Jr. & Joshua Nasir to represent his family and to watch over me for the week we were in Cleveland. Joshua was my rock and protector while Louis kept me laughing and entertained with his stories, I was glad to have them by my side going through this difficult time.
    Me with Louis, Jr. & Joshua ~
    Name:  EMAD8827.jpg
Views: 1741
Size:  80.4 KB

Name:  EMAD8774.jpg
Views: 5742
Size:  36.5 KB

While in Cleveland the Mayor's office called me to say they would have the street naming ceremony [[I was working on) take place while I was in town, it happened the morning after the funeral ~
    Myself, Jimmy's sisters, Elsa, Nadine, Betsy, and Councilwoman Mamie Mitchell:
    Name:  photo [[2).jpg
Views: 996
Size:  90.7 KB

Name:  2014-23-07  Dandy, etc 004.jpg
Views: 985
Size:  34.2 KB

Jimmy's favorite street he grew up on, East 101st Street between Cedar & Quebec:
    Name:  EMAD8753.jpg
Views: 963
Size:  80.5 KB

The Proclamation:
    Name:  2014-23-07  Dandy, etc 037.jpg
Views: 903
Size:  92.4 KB

Street Naming Ceremony ~
    Name:  EMAD8769 - Copy.jpg
Views: 954
Size:  50.3 KB

Cannot post anymore photo's at this time. No matter how small I size them it say too large for uploading, lol....
    Maybe try later..........

S.S.

Thank you for updates, Jeannie. Such a fitting tribute to Jimmy.

Great photos
    for a great man
    and his great lady

love

edafan

Wonderful tribute to you and Jimmy, Soul Sister [[Jeanie). The love you two shared shines through everything. I know Jimmy is looking down with love and pride. He was your angel in life here on earth and he still is now that he's in heaven.

Much love,

~~Mary~~

Thank you, edafan and Mary.

It was quite a week in Cleveland, Storm Gardner singer from L.A. & the t.v. show Glee and one of my BFF's Tiny from New York was also with me all week. We went to Jimmy's childhood house, the house number was 2301 and ironically my hotel room number was 1023, things that make you go hmm..... We also visited our old house in Euclid, ate at a great Italian Restaurant, we went out to dinner to a great soul food fusion restaurant called Zanzibar with Jimmy's family, all my in-laws. Louis Farrakhan took Tiny & I out for dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe. I scheduled a V.I.P. Tour at the Rock Hall for everyone. Although it was a sad time we managed to keep busy with other activities as a distraction from missing Jimmy so much.
    Here's Storm:
    Name:  attachment;jsessionid=abcmaSWExyFIygbq9fnvu.jpg
Views: 914
Size:  12.7 KB

Couldn't post more photo's seems to be some sort of glitch.

S.S.

Thank you, Ralph. It's only the beginning, we are having two "Celebrations of Life" memorials in New York for Jimmy. The Jazz Foundation of America is having a tribute to Jimmy at the Apollo with Quincy Jones & the Jazz Greats on Oct. 24, the next day on Oct. 25 we are having his "Celebration of Life" at the famous Abyssinian Baptist Church with his peers singing for him, a big production with Yoza Rivers & Rev. Calvin Butts producing and the great record producer Tommy Li Puma as musical director, what a great show it will be, too soon to announce the singers.
    Later....down the road another one in Los Angeles.
    Jimmy will be getting a Grammy, the "Lifetime Achievement Award" at the 2015 Grammy Show.
    Jimmy did know about this and the street naming I was working on, etc.... I know he is watching down on all of it, that makes me happy.

S.S.

Hi Soul Sister...

Thanks for sharing the Celebration of Life and Home Going Service information.
    Very deserving for Mr Jimmy Scott!

Stay strong and keep your head up!
    Your Soulful Detroit Family continues to keep you in prayer.

God is all knowing and sees all...
    Your LOVE and CARE of Jimmy has been recorded in a BOOK where it can never be erased.

Abraham Smooth Wilson

Thank you, Smooth.

HA! The book is ancient history it was finished in February of 2001, out of content, doesn't tell the real story which followed for the next 13 & 1/2 years which is so involved no one even has a clue. When David Ritz wrote Jimmy's bio in 2000 I wasn't forthcoming with info at that time, I didn't know David then so I didn't open up about my/our story, so it's not as accurate as it could be in my chapter. I later became close with David and trusted him but by then the book was out. Jimmy taught me to be totally open the way he always did which most people aren't willing to do. Jimmy was always the subtle teacher of wisdom.

Some of it will be recorded in the documentary Storm is producing. I may write the true love story of Jimmy & I down the road. The first 3 years were rough with Jimmy's 'sometimes' drinking due to emotions being cued by certain siblings and other people trying to sabotage us for their own agendas. Then blissfullness of a happy marriage when I got him totally clean and sober, life was like a beautiful dream. Then the last 7 years of my being his caregiver, nurse, "everything" to Jimmy's life was my struggle to keep him medically healthy to live the longest healthiest and happiest quality of life possible. Maybe it was God's will to take him now but I know it was the doctor at the hospital's fault that caused his death. Jimmy was stable for years just had a minor leg infection due to blockage in his leg vein. If the doctor didn't give him a medication he was warned 'not' too, Jimmy would still be here for many more years to enjoy his life and the good things that were coming his way, plus there would be many more recordings. There are 3 guest tracks still to come out on Minister Farrakhan's CD, on Storm Gardner's CD, and Gregoire Maret's CD, plus the documentary thus far but I have more planned. There is much the public doesn't know. Jimmy Scott lives in his fan's and peers hearts.
    Jimmy's legacy will continue..........

S.S.
    Name:  3.jpg
Views: 871
Size:  13.0 KB

Soul Sister

Please check your private Soulful Detroit Mailbox.

Abraham Smooth Wilson

Hi Smooth,
    Did you get my reply?

S.S.

Good Morning Soul Sister...

Yes, I received your reply and I am proud of your resilence in these times of challenge.
    Keep believing and always do what you know is right.
    There is a REWARD for your dedication and integrity.

AND IF SOMEONE PUTS A HURDLE IN FRONT OF YOU JUMP IT, MOVE IT, GO AROUND OR UNDER IT!!!!

Abraham Smooth Wilson

LOL......Thanks so much, Smooth

S.S.