[REMOVE ADS]

The Emotions Unsung

I'm dying to see this. It's not carried where I live. Could someone please upload it to YouTube and post a link to the episode please? Thanks

Rick it should appear shortly on TV One website.

Okay, I just remembered that The Emotions did do one album issued by Motown ,still
    considering that their first hit period was at stax and their second at Columbia I would have
    posted this on the main forum. Anyway, I watched it this morning at tvoneonline as I usually
    do and for the first time the page with the full episode had a video with some kind of ad that played about every 2 minutes with no way to turn it off or mute the sound...WTF?...
    I was really disappointed because there quite a bit of footage and photos I'd never seen
    and info that surprised me. Trying to hear it accurately with those ads running is a bitch...

Thank you Soulballad. I was very disappointed to learn that they got stiffed for "Boogie Wonderland".

I enjoyed the show, especially their early years and dealing with Jeanette being in and out so much. But a lot was left out...like why were Jeanette, Pam and Wanda touring for the Come Into Our World lp without Sheila. Was she maybe pregnant?

I met these ladies and their parents in 1977 when they toured with the Commodores and Maze. They sat down to a radio interview with me at WLSU. I must say they were so sweet and gracious. This was just when Best Of My Love and the Rejoice lp were taking off. You couldn't ask for sweeter, more down-to-earth ladies.

Two years later they are returning to my hometown with the Brothers Johnson. I wanted another interview and was told by the tour director that they weren't giving interviews and him complaining what a pain in the a$$ they were and he didn't even know which ones were in the group. He did know Sheila was not for some reason.

Cut to 1995 thereabouts. The ladies issued an excellent live CD and came to New Orleans to perform and sign CDs at Tower Records. Wanda actually remembered me...she said, "those eyes, I remember." I was knocked over. It was Jeanette, Sheila and Wanda and again they were gracious as could be and their show was superb. After their performance I gave Wanda an original pressing of So I Can Love You. She kissed me on the cheek.

This is a group who should have had more hits. Their harmonies were delicate, intricate and unique. They still rock.

Quote Originally Posted by splanky View Post
    Okay, I just remembered that The Emotions did do one album issued by Motown...
    I had no idea they did an album for Motown. When was it issued? I enjoyed the show but it seems as though all of the Unsungs spend a lot of time mentioning the same incidents over and over and leave out a lot of things that should have been mentioned. There did seem to be a lot not talked about in the Emotions episode.

"If I Only Knew" in 1985

Quote Originally Posted by BayouMotownMan View Post
    I enjoyed the show, especially their early years and dealing with Jeanette being in and out so much. But a lot was left out...like why were Jeanette, Pam and Wanda touring for the Come Into Our World lp without Sheila. Was she maybe pregnant?

I met these ladies and their parents in 1977 when they toured with the Commodores and Maze. They sat down to a radio interview with me at WLSU. I must say they were so sweet and gracious. This was just when Best Of My Love and the Rejoice lp were taking off. You couldn't ask for sweeter, more down-to-earth ladies.

Two years later they are returning to my hometown with the Brothers Johnson. I wanted another interview and was told by the tour director that they weren't giving interviews and him complaining what a pain in the a$$ they were and he didn't even know which ones were in the group. He did know Sheila was not for some reason.

Cut to 1995 thereabouts. The ladies issued an excellent live CD and came to New Orleans to perform and sign CDs at Tower Records. Wanda actually remembered me...she said, "those eyes, I remember." I was knocked over. It was Jeanette, Sheila and Wanda and again they were gracious as could be and their show was superb. After their performance I gave Wanda an original pressing of So I Can Love You. She kissed me on the cheek.

This is a group who should have had more hits. Their harmonies were delicate, intricate and unique. They still rock.
    Rick
    I think that may have been the start of the financial issues with their label. More than likely I'm sure people were in their ear pulling them apart as a group. They did mention that Pam and Jeanette were in out of the group and it appears that Sheila was too. Did you know that Sheila, Pam, and another singer Adrien Harris did a mini tour without Wanda. I would have like to know if Jeanette and Pam both sang on the Sincerely and If Only You Knew lp. Like you I've met ll the ladies and I could say each time I've been in their presence they've been nothing but nice. You mention the Brother's Johnson Tour. I saw them in Cali at the Greek with Jeanette, Wanda, and Sheila. In August of of 1979 I saw all four sister along with their brother Joe at Magic Mountain and those sisters, and brother sang their faces off. Wanda said in their Unsung clip that Pam was the carbon voice of Jeanette, which I don't agree with. Pam has an edge to her voice where as Jeanette sound is real smooth which causes the original sisters blend to be just a little better, but Pam is no slouch by a long shot.
    Last edited by rod_rick; 08-20-2014 at 06:09 PM.

Those sisters were and are vocal knockouts. It's crazy how much Jeanette left and came back to the group. Same with Sheila... I'm guessing pregnancy and sickness were reasons Pam and Wanda weren't always with them but Wanda and Sheila are the consistent members at least. The "voices" of the Emotions so to speak but, as been said, neither Jeanette nor Pam are slouches either.