[REMOVE ADS]

Simple, but Corny Question....During the Motown Years....

....Has Michael Jackson ever met Chuck Jackson?

Not sure, but I did.

I did too, in the 90's, he came into my Long Island retail store, Jimi LaLumia's Record Connection, to promote a gig he was doing locally, accompanied by the late Pete Bennett, meeting both of them in such a casual way *[[they just wandered in) totally blew my mind.. such a great, under used talent..

Groovy, and yes, he is..

Was in DC this weekend and hung out on Chuck Jackson Blvd

I believe Michael and Chuck had met. I vaguely remember reading a story about Chuck opening for the Jackson 5.

Not sure about MJ but I drove round trip of 206 miles to see Chuck Jackson.....worth all the effort. He was brilliant.

Yeah, from all I heard about Chuck Jackson - since years ago finding his name and a single title or two in the "Motown" section of a Library borrowed Rolling Stones Illustrated History of Rock & Roll - really, the name "Jackson" struck me haha, through a handful of other names - always heard of him as a most underappreciated talent - maybe even "unsung" - I've seen him, although talking about some other singer[[s) in at least one-two "Unsung" episodes - thinking about my next Motown CD purchase be " Goin' Back To Chuck Jackson".
    Last edited by Ngroove; 08-14-2014 at 12:13 PM.

Ngroove
    I'd recommend the Chuck Jackson Motown anthology CD...his 3 Motown LPs and bonus unissued tracks.
    You won't regret it

for those who don't know who Pete Bennet was [[mentioned in my other Jackson post), here ya go.. and there's also a Michael Jackson connection there, as well..I was shell shocked when both gentlemen came to see me!..

http://www.ctpost.com/local/article/...77-4071727.php

honest man Guest
    Chuck Jackson in my all time top 3 Male singers love everything he has ever done,the man is a legend will be entertained by him in September,can' t wait,cheers.

....Chuck Jackson Anthology ordered.....Kim Weston's too while I was at it....gotta feelin' Marvin and Martha will have some competition on my playlist...thank you snakepit for the recommendation.