[REMOVE ADS]

LAPD Shoots, Kills Black Man During 'Investigative Stop'

When is enough, enough?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5674679.html

The Los Angeles Police Department shot and killed a black man in South L.A. on Monday.

Police conducted an "investigative stop" in the Newton area around 8:20 p.m., according to a news release from the LAPD. "During the stop a struggle ensued, which resulted in an officer-involved-shooting. It is unknown if the suspect has any gang affiliations," the release continues. "The suspect was transported to a local hospital and after lifesaving efforts he succumbed to his injuries."

A woman claiming to be the deceased man's mother called KTLA and identified the man as Ezell Ford. Tritobia Ford said her son was lying on the ground and complying with the officers when he was shot three times.

An unnamed man who claimed to be Ezell Ford's cousin also spoke with KTLA.

“They laid him out and for whatever reason, they shot him in the back, knowing mentally, he has complications. Every officer in this area, from the Newton Division, knows that — that this child has mental problems,” he said. “The excessive force … there was no purpose for it. The multiple shootings in the back while he’s laying down? No. Then when the mom comes, they don’t try to console her … they pull the billy clubs out.”

Officer Jane Kim, a spokeswoman for the Los Angeles Police Department, said a vigil had been scheduled for Tuesday night in response to the incident, according to USA Today.

No officers were injured during the incident, according to the LAPD. The Force Investigation Division is set to investigate.

The shooting comes just days after the shooting death of 18-year-old Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri. Brown was fatally shot by a police officer in the St. Louis suburb on Saturday, Aug. 9. He was unarmed. Dorian Johnson, who was walking with Brown before the shooting occurred, claimed Brown was retreating from the officer with his hands up when he was shot, CNN reported. Ferguson police, however, say a "physical confrontation" occurred prior to this.
    Looting and unrest has rocked the neighborhood in the days following Brown's death. At least four people, including two police officers, have been hurt and 47 arrested in the aftermath of the shooting, according to St. Louis' KMOV.

Wow. To be young and Black in America now draws parallels to living on the Gaza strip. And with the anti-Obama backlash, neither Congress nor many state legislators are going to work together to do anything about it. We're well on our way back to Jim Crow days.

The thing is, you can only push something so hard before it falls down and at some point, people are going to start shooting back. Like it or not, the police can only maintain the order of law with the cooperation of the community and these fools are about to irreparably destroy that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    Wow. To be young and Black in America now draws parallels to living on the Gaza strip. And with the anti-Obama backlash, neither Congress nor many state legislators are going to work together to do anything about it. We're well on our way back to Jim Crow days.

The thing is, you can only push something so hard before it falls down and at some point, people are going to start shooting back. Like it or not, the police can only maintain the order of law with the cooperation of the community and these fools are about to irreparably destroy that.
    Jerry I agree with you for the most part, however, I must point out what truly makes today much different from the Jim Crow days. The internet! It allows us to get news faster than ever before. It also unites people from around the World like never before. What happens in LA can be transmitted to me just as fast as what is going on up the block in New York.

Also, in the Jim Crow days, people were afraid, ignorant of their rights as citizens [[were black people even citizens during that time? ). This all is going to create a huge mess! I can feel it.........

Are we citizens now? Our citizenship apparently doesn't afford us rights against unlawful search and seizure. It doesn't protect us from being systemically targeted for arrest and incarceration for walking down the street. It doesn't keep legislatures from passing laws that make it difficult to vote. It hasn't resulted in economic or educational equality.

This won't create much of a mess. We'll forget about the last incident as soon as the next one hits the web. I don't have answers, but it's getting crazy.

Are we citizens now? Our citizenship apparently doesn't afford us rights against unlawful search and seizure. It doesn't protect us from being systemically targeted for arrest and incarceration for walking down the street. It doesn't keep legislatures from passing laws that make it difficult to vote. It hasn't resulted in economic or educational equality.

This won't create much of a mess. We'll forget about the last incident as soon as the next one hits the web. I don't have answers, but it's getting crazy.
    Jerry, when I said that all this police wrong doing, brutality and murder is going to create a mess. I was trying to be calm and conservative about it. Noticed what happened in that small town Fergusen [[sp?) Missouri, now imagine that magnified 100 times in large cities across the country! If this "method of law enforcement" continues, the aftermath is going to make the 60's look like amatuer night in terms of protest and civil disobedience! I am telling you......... I am getting some very bad vibes from what is going on from coast to coast.

A couple of weeks ago Bill Maher was talking about how police now bring out a swat team to arrest a small time marijuana dealer.

Further more, now it seems we are reaching the point where it is not enough to 'freeze'.

One of these days I can see the police tell somebody to freeze and they see a flash of something and shoot. Oops, it was his badge.

Quote Originally Posted by MotownSteve View Post
    A couple of weeks ago Bill Maher was talking about how police now bring out a swat team to arrest a small time marijuana dealer.

Further more, now it seems we are reaching the point where it is not enough to 'freeze'.

One of these days I can see the police tell somebody to freeze and they see a flash of something and shoot. Oops, it was his badge.
    That's kind of what happened to poor Amadou Diallo back in 1999. When the four plain clothes cops acosted him, he pulled out his wallet to show them his ID. They said they thought he was reaching for a weapon after the smoke cleared from the 42 shots they fired at him..........

In the weeks afterwards they could not find anything to character assasinate him with.

Don't forget the cops who dropped the flash bang grenade in the baby's crib earlier this year.
    http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headline...ing-drug-raid/

It's very interesting how this story is being totally obscured, almost ignored by the media in favor of the events in Ferguson, MO.

There was also another shooting at the hands of the po-lice in New Orleans too:
    http://www.wdsu.com/news/local-news/...461746#!bFdr2w

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    It's very interesting how this story is being totally obscured, almost ignored by the media in favor of the events in Ferguson, MO.

There was also another shooting at the hands of the po-lice in New Orleans too:
    http://www.wdsu.com/news/local-news/...461746#!bFdr2w
    That's because LA has been burned twice already and it could very easily happen again. They are being cautious..........

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    That's because LA has been burned twice already and it could very easily happen again. They are being cautious..........
    I don't see it. Right now, Ferguson, MO is the modern-day Birmingham, AL. Instead of the dogs and fire hoses, they use tear gas and military combat gear. And, like L.A., they call in the National Guard which further antagonizes the people.

And, of course, Fox, and it's idiots, blame the victims.

Fuck tha police!
    Last edited by soulster; 08-18-2014 at 01:07 PM.

I don't see it. Right now, Ferguson, MO is the modern-day Birmingham, AL. Instead of the dogs and fire hoses, they use tear gas and military combat gear. And, like L.A., they call in the National Guard which further antagonizes the people.

And, of course, Fox, and it's idiots, blame the victims.

Fuck tha police!
    No one expected the riots that occurred after that first Rodney King Police Brutality verdict, but we know what happened. Things are rougher now and people are exposed to news nationwide now where they weren't back in 1992. All of these incidents are going to come to a boil sooner, than later..........

Not true this story is deservedly getting some real big attention. Ezel Ford the man whos been killed in Los Angeles was unarmed and is bipolar and schtitsophrenic. its disgraceful and should never have happen.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...817-story.html

http://news.yahoo.com/hundreds-prote...062601380.html

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1907132

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/...d-killing.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5686579.html

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/m...-browns-death/

http://www.ibtimes.com/ezell-fords-f...-death-1658672

http://www.npr.org/2014/08/15/340700...fergusons-woes

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/15/us...-man.html?_r=0

And I could post hundred more atricles.

Roberta

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    No one expected the riots that occurred after that first Rodney King Police Brutality verdict, but we know what happened. Things are rougher now and people are exposed to news nationwide now where they weren't back in 1992. All of these incidents are going to come to a boil sooner, than later..........
    What pisses me off even more is that this probably wouldn't have gotten as much attention if the press hadn't also been attacked by tha police.

Cops killing people, particularly Black people, in cold blood, has been going on forever. It will probably happen again tonight somewhere. But, things have got to change! I hope this mess in Missouri is the catalyst for that change.

But, as we both know, it's not really news until the story hits constant rotation on the cable news networks.

But, as we both know, it's not really news until the story hits constant rotation on the cable news networks.
    I disagree there are ten times more people that read the Huffinton Post and the LA times and the Washington Post and the New York Times that watch CNN and MsnBC and Fox News. CNN and MSNBC has about 800,000 to a million viewers and Fox gets between 800,000 and 3 million old white viewers so its a real big story when Huffinton Post and the LA times and the Washington Post and the New York Times and NPR report it imo.

Roberta