[REMOVE ADS]

Steview Wonder question

I'm wondering [[no pun intended) who the backing singers are on Stevie Wonder's "Hey Harmonica Man." Could it be the Originals or the Spinners? Seems too early [[1964) for them. The Love-Tones, perhaps? Thanks for your help.

As this song was recorded in LA it is unlikely to be either of these groups.

Quote Originally Posted by mowest View Post
    I'm wondering [[no pun intended) who the backing singers are on Stevie Wonder's "Hey Harmonica Man." Could it be the Originals or the Spinners? Seems too early [[1964) for them. The Love-Tones, perhaps? Thanks for your help.
    You know I've wondered about that myself for years because one of the voices sounds very much like Eddie Kendricks when he is using is natural sounding voice. The guy singing "Help me if you can, can, can harmonica man......" sounds like Eddie to me.

Last edited by marv2; 08-11-2014 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Polhill View Post
    As this song was recorded in LA it is unlikely to be either of these groups.
    Thanks, Roger, for this information. I just assumed the recording was made in Detroit.