[REMOVE ADS]

RIP Robin Williams!

It has just been announced on the CBC via Reuters that Comedian Robin Williams is dead at age 63 from apparent suicide by gunshot. Loved his work. He made me laugh many times over the years. Rest in peace Robin and thanks man!

Marv

This really threw me for a loop! He was manic, brilliant, introspective and loving. He made all of us happy and the whole world will miss this man. RIP Robin now you and Mr Winters can make heaven laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    This really threw me for a loop! He was manic, brilliant, introspective and loving. He made all of us happy and the whole world will miss this man. RIP Robin now you and Mr Winters can make heaven laugh.
    Stephanie, I remember during my Freshman year in college we use to have " Mork & Mindy" parties where everyone would get together and watch the show. LOL! Yep, great memories of Robin Williams.

LadyLola Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    It has just been announced on the CBC via Reuters that Comedian Robin Williams is dead at age 63 from apparent suicide by gunshot. Loved his work. He made me laugh many times over the years. Rest in peace Robin and thanks man!

Marv
    He didn't die from a gun shot.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyLola View Post
    He didn't die from a gun shot.
    What was it? That's what the announcer on CBET /CBC said.

CNN is reporting this:

"Coroner investigators suspect "the death to be a suicide due to asphyxia," according to a statement from the Marin County, California, Sheriff's office"

Robin Williams

a great one

R I P

A true legend and comic genius.

RIP

They're saying on Facebook he died from hanging. It is so tragic. Robin was able to make everyone laugh but himself. Sometimes creative geniuses like him suffer from depression and other problems. He did suffer depression and he struggled with addiction. He had heart surgery recently, and depression is common after surgery of this type. My heart goes out to his wife, family and friends.

None of this takes away from his enormous talent. He gave us years of laughter and some excellent dramatic performances in movies like "Good Will Hunting" and "Dead Poets Society".

I hope he has found the peace that eluded him in life. Rest In Peace, Mr. Williams.

~~Mary~~

Apparently, the scenario pieced together from the press conference a few minutes ago, is that he first slit his left wrist. Then, when he began to lose consciousness, he lost his balance, thereby hanging himself with a belt he already had around his neck from the weight of his body. They found his body on an almost sitting position just above the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    Apparently, the scenario pieced together from the press conference a few minutes ago, is that he first slit his left wrist. Then, when he began to lose consciousness, he lost his balance, thereby hanging himself with a belt he already had around his neck from the weight of his body. They found his body on an almost sitting position just above the floor.
    That is awful!

This is very sad and extremely eerie, especially since he was in the movie "What Dreams May Come in which he was killed and his distraught wife killed herself.