[REMOVE ADS]

Police shoot and kill youth in St. Louis, rioting and looting are happening

http://www.ksdk.com/story/homepage/2...uson/13880305/

This is a damn shame, and one hell of a mess. This is the scene tonight at the QT in Ferguson. Just glad I live in the middle of the state, and not on the east side!

Last edited by jillfoster; 08-11-2014 at 12:50 AM.

thomas96 Guest
    Such a shame. The FBI better look into the killing.

Is this America? 50 years since "Freedom Summer" 1964 and nothing has changed!!!

I have been watching CNN for a couple of hours, and this is disgusting! People are exercising their constitutional right to assemble, and the po-lice are threatening arrest and gassing the people again. I'll bet if these were White people protesting, some officials would be fired for this.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    I have been watching CNN for a couple of hours, and this is disgusting! People are exercising their constitutional right to assemble, and the po-lice are threatening arrest and gassing the people again. I'll bet if these were White people protesting, some officials would be fired for this.
    Think............Occupy Wall Street!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Think............Occupy Wall Street!
    The reaction wasn't so severe with Occupy Wall Street. We didn't see special tanks fresh in from Iraq, police snipers, or full combat gear.

The reaction wasn't so severe with Occupy Wall Street. We didn't see special tanks fresh in from Iraq, police snipers, or full combat gear.
    That is exactly my point!

Is this America? 50 years since "Freedom Summer" 1964 and nothing has changed!!!
    This picture is frightening. He's there with his hands up and they look like they are ready to shoot him or run over him. Either way, I don't like it. From my point of view, those guys facing the camera should be arrested.
    Last edited by MotownSteve; 08-20-2014 at 08:07 AM.

"He's there with his hands up."

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    "He's there with his hands up."
    They shot another guy in Fergusen [[sp?) yesterday. They said he had a knife and was acting irrationally.

This is Henry M. Davis, another victim of the Ferguson, Missouri Police he has yet another amazing story:

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...y-councilwoman

They shot another guy in Fergusen [[sp?) yesterday. They said he had a knife and was acting irrationally.
    That happened in St. Louis, but, apparently, not only does the police department apparently have more credibility, there, they released info immediately.

The only problem with that shooting is that the police could have used less-lethal means of subduing the suspect, like rubber bullets or a taser. I guess they spent all their money on military equipment. Geez! But, I would say that, in this case, it was a good shoot.

Whatever: from my observation 2000 away, I see that for Ferguson, the prosecutor needs to recuse himself from the case, or he needs to be removed from it, because he is not impartial. The police department needs to hire more officers from the community, get dash cams for the police cruisers, and for the uniforms. And, if the cops come from other areas, they need sensitivity training.

It turns out that a lot of the people who are being arrested hail from places far away from Missouri, like LA and NY. The townsfolk are protesting peacefully and going home at night, for the most part. That town is ground zero for people looking to pile onto a situation to make it worse. Throwing Malatov cocktails at the police and guardsmen is going to make a great sequel to what happened at Kent State 40 years ago.

That happened in St. Louis, but, apparently, not only does the police department apparently have more credibility, there, they released info immediately.

The only problem with that shooting is that the police could have used less-lethal means of subduing the suspect, like rubber bullets or a taser. I guess they spent all their money on military equipment. Geez! But, I would say that, in this case, it was a good shoot.

Whatever: from my observation 2000 away, I see that for Ferguson, the prosecutor needs to recuse himself from the case, or he needs to be removed from it, because he is not impartial. The police department needs to hire more officers from the community, get dash cams for the police cruisers, and for the uniforms. And, if the cops come from other areas, they need sensitivity training.
    They don't need anymore training. No more than you and I in how to treat people right! It is that damned simple! They use that "need for more training" as a "cop-out" [[pun intended) in New York to attempt to rationalize the horrific behavior of some of the NYPD towards the public!

Quote Originally Posted by MotownSteve View Post
    I haven't read it yet, but from the title, I can tell that this is going to be an interesting read. Thanks Steve!

You have to see THIS! New Michael Brown shooting witnesses describe scene:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/10/us/fer...6pLid%3D528105

I've just seen the reports of the rioting on the BBC. What can I say? There was an inevitability of this happening.

Fuck the police!

Fuck the police. Fuck the decidedly not impartial justice system. Fuck people in Ferguson who were blind enough to neglect voting and let the minority of their community seize political control. Fuck the 65% of registered voters who stayed away from the polls on election day. Fuck people who are looting and burning innocent proprietors in their community under the guise of outrage.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    Fuck the police. Fuck the decidedly not impartial justice system. Fuck people in Ferguson who were blind enough to neglect voting and let the minority of their community seize political control. Fuck the 65% of registered voters who stayed away from the polls on election day. Fuck people who are looting and burning innocent proprietors in their community under the guise of outrage.
    Right On!!!!!!

Hundreds of people demonstrated peacefully outside the US embassy in London last night, then marched to Parliament Square.

Good! It's spreading worldwide, and clear that, for the U.S., a holiday isn't going to slow it down.

The population is sick and tired of the abuse of power by police. THis movement is no longer just about Michael Brown, the little kid in Cincinnati, or the innocent man gunned down in Walmart, it's about racial profiling, too. The issue here is about white people being so scared of Black people that they can't tell the difference between someone who is a threat or just talking on the phone, or an adult and a child playing with a toy, thinking that a man retrieving his licence is really getting a gun, or getting the feeling that a non-human monster is trying to grab their gun or break in their house and kill them. It's about people who look at any Black youth and see thugs trying to do them harm. Oh, wait, i'm playing the race card again. Right.

Man, I gotta go! I've got a Thanksgiving dinner with family waiting for me, and i'm supposed to be relaxing.