ok - didn't want to hijack the Happening thread with this, though i already did a bit lol

by the mid to late 60s, concept lps were becoming more and more in vogue. yet motown continued to rely on their formula of a hit single or two, plus filler. albeit often very good filler

so similar to the thread on remixing/altering Sup singles to make them better, let's do that with the lps. i'm starting with Reflections and Love Child.

i've made playlists in iTunes with my alt lps. i've looked at the recording dates of tracks and based on that and when the lp was released, created new lps. here's how i'd have compiled the album:

Reflections

side 1
reflections
i'm gonna make it
i can't make it alone
in and out of love
can't shake it loose
ode to billie joe

side 2
forever came today
it's going all the way
am i asking too much
misery makes it's home
a little breeze
bah bah bah

love child:
side 1
love child lp version [[taking the original into and verses 1 and 2, adding in the missing 3rd verse and the extended outro)
keep an eye
how long has that evening train
shadow of society [[yes even though this was on Cream, it was recorded in time to be on the LC lp)
Does your mama know about me
Beginning of the end of love

Side 2
in the evening of our love
what the world needs now
if you should walk away
wish i knew
can't you see it's me
ain't no sun since you've been gone

i'm not 100% sure about In the Evening of our love for LC. totally different style, though still about heartache. and thought the lp needs something so it's not totally depressing.

also done the same for Promises Kept and Cream of the Crop. played around with an alt Let the Sunshine too