[REMOVE ADS]

The TRUTH About the NYPD!

If you have any doubt about what's up with the NYPD, then check this out:

The whole video is very disturbing. The problem the people who should find so won't even if they were to see it.

As a footnote, If it was to be broadcast widely people would not want to visit NYC.

Also, the guy behind Ray Kelly looked suspicious.

That'll teach your Black ass to walk down the streets in NYC. Try not to look suspicious [[Black) the next time you want to exist in society.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    That'll teach your Black ass to walk down the streets in NYC. Try not to look suspicious [[Black) the next time you want to exist in society.
    Jerry if you recall in another thread here I mentioned that the NYPD will do things, pick on someone to get a response out of them. Once they do, all hell could and usually does break loose! I've learned not to give them what they want.

I forgot to mention some of the comments made by on duty police clearly break the law. Who are they to threaten bodily harm?

The video made my blood boil, but nothing's going to be done about it. That kid was absolutely abused, being stopped twice within a couple of blocks because he had the nerve to look at the cops. You wanna bet that if he looked away from them, they would stop him to suggest that not making eye contact is "suspicious"?

The absolute hypocrisy of breaking the law in order to fulfill your oath of enforcing it is remarkable. If I had enough money, I'd buy 10,000 Go Pro cameras and pass them out to people in Harlem and Brooklyn. Enough that the cops couldn't grab them all, but also enough that this abuse would receive wider attention.

I stopped using the word "pig" years ago because I want to believe that someone will respond when I need them, but there's not a better word to describe the unchecked abuses of the NYPD.

Quote Originally Posted by MotownSteve View Post
    I forgot to mention some of the comments made by on duty police clearly break the law. Who are they to threaten bodily harm?
    Not to mention the ethnic/racial slur of calling the young man a "Mutt"!

The video made my blood boil, but nothing's going to be done about it. That kid was absolutely abused, being stopped twice within a couple of blocks because he had the nerve to look at the cops. You wanna bet that if he looked away from them, they would stop him to suggest that not making eye contact is "suspicious"?

The absolute hypocrisy of breaking the law in order to fulfill your oath of enforcing it is remarkable. If I had enough money, I'd buy 10,000 Go Pro cameras and pass them out to people in Harlem and Brooklyn. Enough that the cops couldn't grab them all, but also enough that this abuse would receive wider attention.

I stopped using the word "pig" years ago because I want to believe that someone will respond when I need them, but there's not a better word to describe the unchecked abuses of the NYPD.
    I agree!!!

Ditto on marv2's comment.

Are they stopping all types of black folks, or just the young men who dress like thugs? If you dress and speak a certain way, that is how the world will recieve you. But as usual, cops take everything overboard, cause their on a damn power trip. It's a couple of asshats both tryin to be tough, the way I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by jillfoster View Post
    Are they stopping all types of black folks, or just the young men who dress like thugs? If you dress and speak a certain way, that is how the world will recieve you. But as usual, cops take everything overboard, cause their on a damn power trip. It's a couple of asshats both tryin to be tough, the way I see it.
    Jill they are stopping all types, all ages of Black and Latino men! You can be wearing a nice suit and driving a nice car. You can be walking to a restaurant and they will find a reason to stop and question you. They have written me tickets as I was walking to pay the meter!!!!

Really? Thank goodness I dont have you outlook or though process. "young men who dress like thugs" as you put it dont deserve to be stopped if they arent doing anything and it shouldnt matter how you speak and its way more than a couple of cops trying to be tough imo. 1800 kids are stopped and frisk every day for "looking suspicious so thats way more than a few cops and I bet every one of those 1800 kids is a minority. its a real problem and its getting worse and worse and worse and until polilce departments stop racial proffiling and start traeting EVERYONE with fairness and respect and regular people stop judging and believing that if you dont speak right and dress like thugs youll get stopped and abused. Kids have a right to express themself and police and society should never judge a book by the cover.

Roberta
    Last edited by Roberta75; 08-10-2014 at 04:24 PM.

The thing that people miss in this regard is the fact that if 10% of the populace is carrying contraband or illegal handguns across all groups, and five times more Black and Latinos are stopped than whites, then five times more minorities will be arrested. Those numbers skew the statistics to make it appear that on average, minority men are more likely to be found in violation of the law but we will never know because they are not stopping people based upon their percentage of the population.

Or, to put it more simply: Who do you think will be arrested more frequently if white people are only 17% of their stops? Based upon the arrest data, who will they continue to focus on if the majority of their arrests are Black or Latino? It's just another way to justify systemic racism. It has nothing to do with who looks like a thug. White kids go out of their way to look like hoods, yet they don't seem to have this issue uptown.

And the war on Black people continues:
    http://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news/...otests-n177346

The thing that people miss in this regard is the fact that if 10% of the populace is carrying contraband or illegal handguns across all groups, and five times more Black and Latinos are stopped than whites, then five times more minorities will be arrested. Those numbers skew the statistics to make it appear that on average, minority men are more likely to be found in violation of the law but we will never know because they are not stopping people based upon their percentage of the population.

Or, to put it more simply: Who do you think will be arrested more frequently if white people are only 17% of their stops? Based upon the arrest data, who will they continue to focus on if the majority of their arrests are Black or Latino? It's just another way to justify systemic racism. It has nothing to do with who looks like a thug. White kids go out of their way to look like hoods, yet they don't seem to have this issue uptown.
    Amen Jerry and it is good to know that you do understand that situation. It is not just kids getting stopped. The majority are grown men!

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Really? Thank goodness I dont have you outlook or though process. "young men who dress like thugs" as you put it dont deserve to be stopped if they arent doing anything and it shouldnt matter how you speak and its way more than a couple of cops trying to be tough imo. 1800 kids are stopped and frisk every day for "looking suspicious so thats way more than a few cops and I bet every one of those 1800 kids is a minority. its a real problem and its getting worse and worse and worse and until polilce departments stop racial proffiling and start traeting EVERYONE with fairness and respect and regular people stop judging and believing that if you dont speak right and dress like thugs youll get stopped and abused. Kids have a right to express themself and police and society should never judge a book by the cover.

Roberta
    If anyobody is dressed like a criminal, your'e gonna be treated as one. But Marv says theyr'e stoppin all kind of people, that's why I asked the question, just friskin juvenile delinquents is one thing, but frisking all type of black people is whole nother kettle of fish.

If anyobody is dressed like a criminal, your'e gonna be treated as one. But Marv says theyr'e stoppin all kind of people, that's why I asked the question, just friskin juvenile delinquents is one thing, but frisking all type of black people is whole nother kettle of fish.
    Hmmm... If a complete stranger was to look at how you dress, what assumptions would they make about you? If the assumptions are false, do you care? Has anyone who dresses like you ever been discriminated against? Chances are that the answer is "yes", unless you dress like a lawyer in court every day.

Hmmm... If a complete stranger was to look at how you dress, what assumptions would they make about you? If the assumptions are false, do you care? Has anyone who dresses like you ever been discriminated against? Chances are that the answer is "yes", unless you dress like a lawyer in court every day.
    No, I wouldn't care what they thought. But if I choose to look menacing, then I have to accept how to world treats me because of that. Maxine Powell would tell you the exact same thing. But cops are SO MANY TIMES on a total power trip, and couple that with young guys who want to walk around like a Barney bad ass, then you have a recipe for trouble.

Jerry, I saw this today, and it says it all:

Name:  kingpic.jpg
Views: 602
Size:  55.0 KB

I'm a bit curious as to where those images were taken from and the orignal context of discussion....
    While I could never be counted on as a fan of the way a lot of our young people dress these
    days I can't say it is a guarantee of any criminal element present. In fact I know 3 otherwise
    good kids, young men working an/or going to school who misplaced their belts a long time ago. In fact if you take a ride to your area's college campuses you're sure to see dozens.
    And there are white kids in New York who dress the same. I wonder how often they get
    stopped and frisked. I can think of a number of other fashion trends I don't personally like
    but often find myself making a conscious effor to overlook when I'm dealing with people in today's world. For the record I don't like body piercing [[other ears),Tattoos,tattoos on
    women's breasts and hips, facial tattoos, full body tattoos [[Did I mention I don't like tattoos?...) outrageous wigs and weaves, or pastel hued hair. I hold a lot of my everyday
    conversations looking away from whoever I'm talking to...Here in New York a lot of the
    biggest criminals wear 2 or 3 piece suits everyday and they recieve protection from what is
    essentially the biggest gang in the city: The NYPD...

This looks like it was photoshoped for Fox News and No it doesnt say it all IMO. You say dress like a criminal and youll be treated like one whos to say what the kids are wearing when the kids that are being targeted and stopped by the police. You used this argument during the Travon martin trail and it didnt fly then and it doesnt fly now. This teenagers testicles were all but deystroyed due to police brutality during a stop and frisk http://politicalblindspot.com/stop-a...american-teen/ and FYI jillfoster 86% of all kids stopped are African American or Latino
    http://www.thenation.com/article/173...sk-goes-trial#
    Last edited by Roberta75; 08-11-2014 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by splanky View Post
    I'm a bit curious as to where those images were taken from and the orignal context of discussion....
    While I could never be counted on as a fan of the way a lot of our young people dress these
    days I can't say it is a guarantee of any criminal element present. In fact I know 3 otherwise
    good kids, young men working an/or going to school who misplaced their belts a long time ago. In fact if you take a ride to your area's college campuses you're sure to see dozens.
    And there are white kids in New York who dress the same. I wonder how often they get
    stopped and frisked. I can think of a number of other fashion trends I don't personally like
    but often find myself making a conscious effor to overlook when I'm dealing with people in today's world. For the record I don't like body piercing [[other ears),Tattoos,tattoos on
    women's breasts and hips, facial tattoos, full body tattoos [[Did I mention I don't like tattoos?...) outrageous wigs and weaves, or pastel hued hair. I hold a lot of my everyday
    conversations looking away from whoever I'm talking to...Here in New York a lot of the
    biggest criminals wear 2 or 3 piece suits everyday and they recieve protection from what is
    essentially the biggest gang in the city: The NYPD...
    Great points splanky. I bet Bernie Madoff was never stopped and frisked.

Fondly,

Roberta

Jillfoster, thanks for the photo. "When they took us seriously?" LOL. You should Google photos of police dogs attacking the gentlemen in the suits who were non-violently attempting to change American laws. They were stopped and frisked on a regular basis back in those days. They were also clubbed, attacked with water hoses, arrested, and lynched. The guy in the middle there, was shot to death.

And it didn't matter what clothes they were wearing. Stevie Wonder had it right: "You might have the cash but you cannot cash in your face, you're not wanted around here."

And I dare you to prove that most of the young Brothers who are stopped or frisked in NYC look like the people in the bottom photos. It's racist to assume that they were dressed like that [[which, by the way is not illegal). I know too many young Black men who do not represent that way, so for you to suggest that they should be harassed because others do, is bullshit of the purest order.
    Last edited by Jerry Oz; 08-11-2014 at 01:26 PM.