[REMOVE ADS]

Henry Stone Dies Aged 93

Just heard about this - sorry to hear of his passing. He was certainly a character, and there aren't too many of those left.

http://www.showbiz411.com/2014/08/08...comment-page-1

He sure screwed a lot of his artists out of royalties.

For someone with a pretty dirty reputation, Rick Finch's response to the article was really polite and gracious. Maybe his mob ties are still in the picture.

Too much credit is given to the owners of most big record companies. Having the building,
    housing a studio owning the property at which a thing is created doesn't guarantee participation in the creative process as the media often likes to imply. That's like crediting
    a plantation owner for the guitar skills of one of his slaves...

Quote Originally Posted by timmyfunk View Post
    For someone with a pretty dirty reputation, Rick Finch's response to the article was really polite and gracious. Maybe his mob ties are still in the picture.
    You mean engineer/bassist Rick Finch, who went to prison a few years ago because he's a child predator?

I do know that James Brown & Bobby Byrd liked Henry Stone.I know Henry Stone with his Tone Distributors were big in promoting Motown in the early 60's.HOWEVER, I also heard about the royalty "situation" too.I have never read an in-depth interview with Betty Wright concerning TK and royalties just about the incident with George McRae when "Rock Your Baby" was hitting big.