[REMOVE ADS]

One week with the new civility laws and ... thanks Ralph!

I've waited a week to see if the behavior on this forum has changed and clearly it has. I always tried to avoid posting in threads that went south, but before the civility law went into effect the threads seemed to go south before they were posted.

Over the last week I haven't had to dread clicking on a thread for fear of nastiness. That makes this forum so much more enjoyable. I can read about various topics without having to worry about all the ugliness.

Thanks Ralph!

Ditto! PLUS, the added benefit is that more original thread topics with fresh discussions are occurring. Let's keep it on a roll!!!

You guys are a step ahead of me. I was just thinking of posting some sort of thank you thread to the forum for the prevailing peace. Glad you guys are pleased. Me too.

I love the new atmosphere too. As welcome as it was when I first entered many years ago...

It's great...except for one dustup that did happen just two days after the new rules took effect. Luckily, Ralph deleted it all. We don't need the personal attacks here, and i've been complaining about them for months.

It's not hard to avoid the nastiness. When people realize that they must control their urge to lash out at another member, either directly or indirectly, they will either comply if they want to stay, will leave, or be expelled. It's not a matter for free speech. If you feel like you have to get someone told, stop and think about why you want to do it. Are you trying to grandstand to other like-minded members? Nine times out of ten, that's why people do it. They want those cyber pats on the butt.

Thank you Ralph. It does feel like a new forum or close to how it use to be when I first joined way back in 2003! I do hope some of the old members begin to return now.

Who got kicked out? What did they do?

i see now. Fantastic!

No one was kicked out Maniac. Just a final tiff as the new rules were being introduced. All is cool.

Agreed. I am less apprehensive about visiting the Forum. Ralph, The Forum remains a great source for breaking news. And at the end of the day, that is the most important thing to me.
    And actually you can almost tell by the topic on a thread if it is something that appeals to you.
    But, for me personally, having Mary Brewster turn me/us on to "ignore/block" has been a blessing.....along with "private messaging".