[REMOVE ADS]

Hi-Rez Audio Central is now online

Soulster, just like your other thread on the Distortion of Sound, this is very interesting.

To me, it is also somewhat disappointing content. It highlights just how things have slowly changed, not always for the better, and which may generally have gone unnoticed. Hopefully, better quality sound will be readily available to all of us, soon...

Perhaps you would post the second instalment here, when it becomes available.
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 08-08-2014 at 12:29 PM.

What's blowing my mind is how so many people don't hear, or care about how their music sounds any more. I know people who are happy to listen to their music on a tinny cellphone speaker. Sickening, really. The artist and record label spend all that money and effort, hire top-flight engineers that go through all that trouble just to have their music reduced to mush and heard in a 1/8 inch speaker. This is where we are in 2014???

I've never actually tested it for myself, but I have wondered if Motown was heard on a transistor radio, fifty years back, with better sound quality.....